Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 15, 2011
2:47:42 PM
View profile
go phone and data use with 4g Samsung Galaxy SII

Is there any way possible to use data on a 4g phone with a prepaid/go phone data plan? I bought the Samsung Galaxy SII from the att store. She said internet would work fine with the go phone data plan I have. Of course it did not and when I went back to the store for the 3rd time in an hour to try and figure out what was wrong they then told me that its impossible to use a 4g phone with a go phone plan.

Does anyone know of a solution to this besides returning the phone for a 3g phone of some kind? Does anyone know if this will change in the future?

Is there any way possible to use data on a 4g phone with a prepaid/go phone data plan? I bought the Samsung Galaxy SII from the att store. She said internet would work fine with the go phone data plan I have. Of course it did not and when I went back to the store for the 3rd time in an hour to try and figure out what was wrong they then told me that its impossible to use a 4g phone with a go phone plan.

Does anyone know of a solution to this besides returning the phone for a 3g phone of some kind? Does anyone know if this will change in the future?

go phone and data use with 4g Samsung Galaxy SII

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2011 11:07:25 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

davis224 wrote:

I've heard of this problem before with a user trying to use a HTC Inspire 4G on a GoPhone plan. I did not think having a "4G" phone would matter data-wise as opposed to a 3G-enabled phone, but I guess I was wrong...

Are you still able to send MMS messages? It's only the mobile data portion of the phone that will not work? How about Wi-Fi; does Wi-Fi work?

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

davis224 wrote:

I've heard of this problem before with a user trying to use a HTC Inspire 4G on a GoPhone plan. I did not think having a "4G" phone would matter data-wise as opposed to a 3G-enabled phone, but I guess I was wrong...

Are you still able to send MMS messages? It's only the mobile data portion of the phone that will not work? How about Wi-Fi; does Wi-Fi work?

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: go phone and data use with 4g Samsung Galaxy SII

2 of 3 (2,607 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2011 4:11:31 PM
(0)
Master

AT&T setup a new 4G exclusive APN on these new 4G smartphones. Out of box, the phone is configured to use the new APN only (called 'Phone') and without a 4G post paid data plan on your account, it will not work. However, there are instructions on the internet teach you how to manually enter the old 3G APN and you can use that APN with old data plans. I'm not sure if the go phone has a separate APN or not. But dig around you should easily find out.

AT&T setup a new 4G exclusive APN on these new 4G smartphones. Out of box, the phone is configured to use the new APN only (called 'Phone') and without a 4G post paid data plan on your account, it will not work. However, there are instructions on the internet teach you how to manually enter the old 3G APN and you can use that APN with old data plans. I'm not sure if the go phone has a separate APN or not. But dig around you should easily find out.

Re: go phone and data use with 4g Samsung Galaxy SII

3 of 3 (2,590 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments