Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 1, 2010
3:37:59 PM
View profile
getting my old contacts to my new phone...HELP!

Ok....so I admit to being stupid! How do I get my contacts off my old phone onto my new aria? My old phone was not a "smart" one (just like me). I even downloaded the 200+ page manual and could not find the answer Smiley Sad

Ok....so I admit to being stupid! How do I get my contacts off my old phone onto my new aria? My old phone was not a "smart" one (just like me). I even downloaded the 200+ page manual and could not find the answer Smiley Sad

getting my old contacts to my new phone...HELP!

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2010 3:45:09 PM
(0)
Expert

towd05 wrote:

Copy to SIM, then copy to new phone.  If your old phone can be synched to Outlook or some other 3rd party PIM, that would be just as easy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Prev. devices: SGS, Note 2, SGS3, Galaxy Nexus, T-Mobile, G2x, iPhone4, HTC HD2, HTC Fuze, HTC StarTrek, BB Bold

towd05 wrote:

Copy to SIM, then copy to new phone.  If your old phone can be synched to Outlook or some other 3rd party PIM, that would be just as easy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Prev. devices: SGS, Note 2, SGS3, Galaxy Nexus, T-Mobile, G2x, iPhone4, HTC HD2, HTC Fuze, HTC StarTrek, BB Bold

Re: getting my old contacts to my new phone...HELP!

2 of 11 (3,216 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2010 3:47:07 PM
(0)
Scholar

Depending on how many contacts you have, might want to consider some way of printing them. I think ATT has something for 'dumb phones'. 

I tried the 'rom transfer' from my Samsung to the Tilt2. It removed all but one phone number and truncated each name to a set number of characters. ......

Depending on how many contacts you have, might want to consider some way of printing them. I think ATT has something for 'dumb phones'. 

I tried the 'rom transfer' from my Samsung to the Tilt2. It removed all but one phone number and truncated each name to a set number of characters. ......

3 of 11 (3,213 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2010 3:56:13 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks!....so that would be copy to the NEW sim card...then place it in the aria and copy to the phone rather that leave it on the sim?

Thanks!....so that would be copy to the NEW sim card...then place it in the aria and copy to the phone rather that leave it on the sim?

4 of 11 (3,209 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2010 4:10:02 PM
(0)
Professor

towd05 wrote:

What is your old phone.  What brand and type?  Different phones have different SIM formats, but that is certainly one way to do it.

towd05 wrote:

What is your old phone.  What brand and type?  Different phones have different SIM formats, but that is certainly one way to do it.

5 of 11 (3,204 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2010 4:22:14 PM
(0)
Expert

diagoro wrote:

Print them???  That would be the "dark ages" method LOL!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

diagoro wrote:

Print them???  That would be the "dark ages" method LOL!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

6 of 11 (3,197 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2010 4:23:29 PM
(0)
Scholar

I would have suggested having a printed copy anyways........

I would have suggested having a printed copy anyways........

7 of 11 (3,195 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2010 7:55:08 PM
(0)
Contributor

my old phone is a pantech 610, I believe

8 of 11 (3,154 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2010 5:35:30 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

seanyy123 wrote:

Confused, this is a different user name then the OP.  Are you a different person with the same issue, or the same person creating a new login?

If you take your phones to an ATT store, they will usually transfer your numbers for you.

seanyy123 wrote:

Confused, this is a different user name then the OP.  Are you a different person with the same issue, or the same person creating a new login?

If you take your phones to an ATT store, they will usually transfer your numbers for you.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

9 of 11 (3,117 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2010 5:36:19 AM
(0)
Professor

seanyy123 wrote:

The C610 has a data cable.  It costs about $10.  I'd just download all of the contacts and then transfer them to my new phone.  If outlook will not handle the format they are in I would bet that with five minutes of googling you can find a reader which will reformat the entries into whatever you need.  If att store does not have the cable it looks readily available online.

seanyy123 wrote:

The C610 has a data cable.  It costs about $10.  I'd just download all of the contacts and then transfer them to my new phone.  If outlook will not handle the format they are in I would bet that with five minutes of googling you can find a reader which will reformat the entries into whatever you need.  If att store does not have the cable it looks readily available online.

10 of 11 (3,116 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2010 7:46:02 PM
(0)
Tutor

same person.........Smiley Wink

forgot login so created another one

same person.........Smiley Wink

forgot login so created another one

11 of 11 (1,660 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments