Helpful Links

galaxy note preorder thru best buy

Scholar

galaxy note preorder thru best buy

Has anyone preordered the Galaxy Note thru Bestbuy?

I did. And now I noticed that it says"backordered"

Do you think there are so many requests for gnote preorders that best buy is going to have a hard shipping these out on the 19th and thereafter?

I love the deal with the free case and $50 giftcard. But a Rep said today I may not see the gnote till March.

Now att you can preorder and seems guaranteed that you'll get it by the 17th.

I may have to switch tactics Even-though the deal is better at Bestbuy.
Message 1 of 50
Scholar

Re: galaxy note preorder thru best buy

foxbat121 wrote:

BMan17 wrote:

Yeah, you nailed it. If BB is to have the phones in stores on the 19th, what the point of preorder espcially if their shipping "after 2/19?" and the free shipping will take 5-7 days? (that's the boat I'm in)

So I placed another preorder thru ATT and will just cancel the BB most likely....

You should have pre-ordered in store instead of online. The only time I pre-order online is when there is some kind of deal. They always arrive late than store.

Yeah, that is a COMPLETE LESSON LEARNED for me. I've never bought a phone thru BB before and I am so used to buying online then picking up in the store.

That's what started this for me, after a few days that I preordered I started to think why couldn't I purchase and pickup in the store. And that's when I founf out about the 5-7 day shipping, not shipping till after 2/19 and all.

So I'm canceling that order. I'm watching my ATT Order Status like a hawk and I'm finally moved from "backordered" to the "Fullfillment Center is in the process of shipping your order"

Message 16 of 50
Master

Aaron1646 wrote:

Ok, well I am on the phone with Best Buy...and they do NOT show that this phone was supposed to come in on the 17th - even though I know it was all over the web.   I, of course, will not get that $50 gift certificate because I didn't do something online - doesn't that just figure.  

To be fair, the 2/17 date is for pre ordering through AT&T only.  There is never a such date published for BB.

Message 17 of 50
Scholar

foxbat121 wrote:

Aaron1646 wrote:

Ok, well I am on the phone with Best Buy...and they do NOT show that this phone was supposed to come in on the 17th - even though I know it was all over the web.   I, of course, will not get that $50 gift certificate because I didn't do something online - doesn't that just figure.  

To be fair, the 2/17 date is for pre ordering through AT&T only.  There is never a such date published for BB.

My ATT pre-order just shipped! Scheduled for delivery tomorrow by 4:30pm.

My guess is that the BB phones are being shipped from ATT to BB right now as well. IMO BB will probably start getting stock tomorrow, Sat, and Sun.

And guess what? I can't cancel my order Foxbat. "Within 7 days of launch you can't cancel preorders."

So I'll probably have another GNote show up at my work I'm thinking by the 27th. Phones probably won't ship from BB till the 21st (20th is a holiday and this will be coming USPS) then 5-7 days toship.

So we'll see. Then I'll have to make the decision to keep the BB phone or the ATT phone (which would cause me to wipe the ATT phone I just set up and do it all over again with BB phone).

Message 18 of 50
Tutor

I went down to my local Best Buy to see if my pre-order would, in fact, be delivered by tomorrow (2/17).  They said that since it’s showing up as backordered, it will not be delivered until late next week sometime.

They mentioned that I could just cancel the online order and pick one up this Sunday (2/19).  I asked them if anyone has placed an order yet for pick-up on Sunday.  They said that not one single order has been placed, and that I’d have no problem picking one up on Sunday.

I’m kinda surprised that not one single order has been placed.  I figured they’d have quite a few pre-orders by now, but they don’t have any.

Message 19 of 50
Scholar

My two cents and I could way off but if its a preoder then the order hasn't actually been placed and therefore how can see anything? Unless they know the individual order numbers?
Message 20 of 50
Master

BMan17 wrote:

My ATT pre-order just shipped! Scheduled for delivery tomorrow by 4:30pm.

My guess is that the BB phones are being shipped from ATT to BB right now as well. IMO BB will probably start getting stock tomorrow, Sat, and Sun.

And guess what? I can't cancel my order Foxbat. "Within 7 days of launch you can't cancel preorders."

So I'll probably have another GNote show up at my work I'm thinking by the 27th. Phones probably won't ship from BB till the 21st (20th is a holiday and this will be coming USPS) then 5-7 days toship.

If AT&T already shipped your phone, you are likely either be charged full retail price from BB or cancelled. You will not get both. Your upgrade discount can only be applied once. IIRC, BB's full retail price is $749.

Message 21 of 50
Teacher

Best Buy had indeed said you could get your phone on 2/17 - it was all over their website and the web which in my opinion was the entire point of PRE-ordering.  I went down to their store (could't do it on the phone - too much imcompetence) and spoke to a manager and canceled that order I had made on 2/6 esp now that they had no idea when the phones will be in.  

I then went to the AT&T store close to me and they said that if I am there when it opens on Sunday I can walk out with my phone.   I was also mad enough to go and price Verizon too but they are too high and I had my heart set on this Galaxy Note anyway. 

I will never deal with Best Buy again - there are just too many unprofessional sales people there.

Message 22 of 50
Teacher

Best Buy orders will not be charged if you don't pick them up.  I just spoke with Best Buy today to cancel.  I was worried that it might not cancel correctly since nothing else they did was right but she said that the pre-orders, if not picked up with 3 days of arriving with automatically cancel.

Message 23 of 50
Tutor

I preordered mine on the 5th online through best buy and my order still says backordered. Then I called to check my order status and it said there was a billing eror. I finally was put through to talk to someone and they said there was no problem with my billing but the device was still on backorder. They said they had no idea when they would be getting the phone, but told me the online site it says that it will ship after the 19...duuh! 

This will be the last time I preorder a phone, the first and the last, especially through best buy. Any one else have a preorder from best buy that still says backorder? 

Message 24 of 50
Scholar

Foxbat, yeah I'm okay with getting charge full price and cancel completely at this point. Ill have the att phone in hand and up and running so I see how that would make sense in getting charged full price.

BB said that when the phone come in just take it to the local BB for full credit.
Message 25 of 50
Scholar

I got my ATT Preorder this morning! The Galaxy NOTE is a beast of a phone, but fits the hand better than you think.

So I was able to get on the phone with BB and they canceled my order with them.

The person I talked to even said that BestBuy will be starting to stock the GNotes tomorrow and some BB's wouldn't get them till Monday or Tuesday. And Preorders wouldn't start shipping till Monday (UPS/FEDEX) or Tuesday (USPS).

Message 26 of 50
Highlighted
Teacher

Yes, ordering from BB was a joke.  I canceled yesterday, went to the AT&T store and can walk in and walk out with the phone on Sunday.   I will never grace the BB store again.  

Message 27 of 50
Scholar

Aaron1646 wrote:

Yes, ordering from BB was a joke.  I canceled yesterday, went to the AT&T store and can walk in and walk out with the phone on Sunday.   I will never grace the BB store again.  

yeah i think part of the problem was misinformation. The impression was is that BB had this "partnership/agreement" with ATT for equal preordering criteria.

As in if you preorder you'll get it on the 17th.

Well, that was only true for ATT preorders. BB phone shipped same time as ATT preorders (not confirmed, my opinion) and preorders really meant nothing as a BB customer. It actually hanicapped you IMHO.

Plus when I first put my preorder in it said delivery expected by 2/15. I was stoked. That quickly changed to backordered, and now this....

Message 28 of 50
Contributor

Best Buy is doing there best to C.Y.A. and back stroke on the delivery of the G Note on 2/17, if you did the pre order to get it on this date? They have dropped the ball on some us big time?
There C.Y.A. excuse now is the pre order of the G Note never meant anyone us would see it by 2/17, 2 days before the BB stores are scheduled to have it for sale?
Most of us also received the sales order via e-mail from BB, in which it stated scheduled delivery of the G Note would be 2/10/12-2/15/12, but this date came and went, and NO G Note for most if not ALL of us? I questioned this false date with them, and got the same C.Y.A. answers
What good did it do any of us, if you pre ordered from BB or AT&T, to have the G Note shipped after its available in the stores???

Wayne-N0ISV

Message 29 of 50
Tutor

I'm in the same boat. I really could care less about having the device first, but the whole preorder thing is totally pointless if you can buy it in stores before you even get the preorder. I preordered on the 5th and probobly won't get the phone for another 5-7 days now. My order still says backordered...even though I ordered it Sunday morning on the 5th at like 6 am. Quite rediculous if you ask me. I stuck with best buy to get the $50 gift card...i figured $50 gift card and preorder...you can't go wrong?  I guess you can lol. 

Message 30 of 50
Share this topic
Announcements

Learn how connect your AT&T holiday gifts at Unwrapped on Wednesday, 12/27 (1-4pm ET)!

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Additional Support