front camera on Lumia 900 not working?

Contributor

front camera on Lumia 900 not working?

I've tried to get the front facing camera working on my Lumia 900 and have had no luck yet.  Tested it out with Tango and the basic camera app.  Has anyone else had issues with the front facing camera?

Any ideas on how to get it working?

Message 1 of 5 (2,768 Views)
Professor

Re: front camera on Lumia 900 not working?

When you say it's not working, what is or isn't happening?  Is the screen black when you are in the camera app?  Is your image not being transmitted at all for the video calling, but you can see it on your screen?

Message 2 of 5 (2,767 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

yes goes black.  Here's what I do

start camera app by pusing camera button on the side of the phone

camera app opens and by default to the rear facing camera and image is displayed

I hit the camera/person icon directly to the right of the zoom in button

the screen goes black and does not display an image

the zoom in/out buttons and video camera buttons can be pushed but nothing happens what they are selected.

selecting the camera/person icon to the right of the zoom button again changes the camera to the rear camera and all is working again.

Also of note is that when the front facing camera is activated and I push the physical camera button on the side of the phone to take a picture, the camera app closes and goes back to the main screen with all my live tiles - as if the app is crashing.

Message 3 of 5 (2,756 Views)
Professor

That sounds like a defect and a replacement phone may be the only option.

Message 4 of 5 (2,751 Views)
Contributor

I never had front facing camera problem .

i updated yesterday with new update,  Post that i am having issues with my front facing camera.  initailly purple screen then totally stopped working.

i am thinking its software issue,  can any one help on this?

Message 5 of 5 (2,539 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.