Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 23, 2011
4:49:13 PM
family plan question

Im the 5th line on a family plan.  The family is moving so they plan to get new numbers once they move. I would like to keep my number so i plan to put number and line in my name with att. Will i run into issues when i try to put it in my name since i live in another state that doesnt match the area code? I know talking and using phone wont be an issue but im mainly wondering about having a billing address that doesnt match area code of my phone number.

Im the 5th line on a family plan.  The family is moving so they plan to get new numbers once they move. I would like to keep my number so i plan to put number and line in my name with att. Will i run into issues when i try to put it in my name since i live in another state that doesnt match the area code? I know talking and using phone wont be an issue but im mainly wondering about having a billing address that doesnt match area code of my phone number.

family plan question

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 25, 2011 9:07:20 PM
(0)
Teacher

this would be considered a transfer of billing responsibility, i believe that you could proccess this transfer not a problem, but your new account would have to be in the same "market" so the primary place of use may have to stay the same. I believe we could proccess that for you not a problem. over the phone tobr's are 18.00 for a proccessing fee but are free online!

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

this would be considered a transfer of billing responsibility, i believe that you could proccess this transfer not a problem, but your new account would have to be in the same "market" so the primary place of use may have to stay the same. I believe we could proccess that for you not a problem. over the phone tobr's are 18.00 for a proccessing fee but are free online!

Re: family plan question

2 of 2 (106 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments