Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 25, 2012
9:27:27 PM
View profile
exchange numbers between two phones?

I have two phones on my ATT account (one is used by my partner) - an iPhone3g (mine) and an iPhone 4 (his). I would like to exchange the numbers between the two phones, such that I get the iPhone4 and he has the 3G (he hardly uses his).. I would think this could be accomplished by simply exchanging the SIM cards between the two instruments, but I'm sure there is more to it than that (plus I can't get into an iPhone to do anything anyway). I would appreciate any guidance that you all can give me as to how this apparently simple process might actually be accomplished.

Thanks!

Smiley Frustrated    JD

I have two phones on my ATT account (one is used by my partner) - an iPhone3g (mine) and an iPhone 4 (his). I would like to exchange the numbers between the two phones, such that I get the iPhone4 and he has the 3G (he hardly uses his).. I would think this could be accomplished by simply exchanging the SIM cards between the two instruments, but I'm sure there is more to it than that (plus I can't get into an iPhone to do anything anyway). I would appreciate any guidance that you all can give me as to how this apparently simple process might actually be accomplished.

Thanks!

Smiley Frustrated    JD

exchange numbers between two phones?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 26, 2012 5:48:02 AM
(0)
Professor

The easiest thing to do would be to go to an AT&T store and have two new SIM cards configured. The iPone 3G uses a full size SIM, and the 4 uses the newer micro SIM, so it's a little more involved than just swapping the SIMs. There may be a small charge for the new SIM cards, but usually not.

The easiest thing to do would be to go to an AT&T store and have two new SIM cards configured. The iPone 3G uses a full size SIM, and the 4 uses the newer micro SIM, so it's a little more involved than just swapping the SIMs. There may be a small charge for the new SIM cards, but usually not.

Re: exchange numbers between two phones?

2 of 4 (871 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 26, 2012 9:17:14 AM
(0)
Master

There should not be a charge for the new SIMS.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

There should not be a charge for the new SIMS.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

3 of 4 (860 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2012 9:17:50 AM
(0)
Former Employee

Yes, it is as simple as swapping sim's but as the two previous posters have pointed out, that is not quite as simple with your iphones because they use different size sims. You could use the existing sims and swap  them by a) cut the iphone 3g full size sim down to micro-sim size and b) use a sim adapator to fit the iphone 4 micro-sim into the 3g iphone, but the best alternative is to get new sims as the previous posters suggest.

Yes, it is as simple as swapping sim's but as the two previous posters have pointed out, that is not quite as simple with your iphones because they use different size sims. You could use the existing sims and swap  them by a) cut the iphone 3g full size sim down to micro-sim size and b) use a sim adapator to fit the iphone 4 micro-sim into the 3g iphone, but the best alternative is to get new sims as the previous posters suggest.

4 of 4 (815 Views)