email outgoing settings

Contributor

email outgoing settings

I found one posting on this but its a yearish old.

Does anyone have a solution for sending email problems with bellsouth.net accounts.

I have cwmx.com as the outgoing server which was working until 2-3 weeks ago.

AT&T solution is to change email address to a yahoo account, but we all know what a pain it is to do that when you have been using bellsouth for many years. My emails work fine on the computer but I need to get the iphone working too.

Anyone have any advise?

Message 1 of 5 (644 Views)
Scholar

Re: email outgoing settings

Have you tried contacting BellSouth?  Or checking on their website for settings?

Japessebas wrote:

I found one posting on this but its a yearish old.

Does anyone have a solution for sending email problems with bellsouth.net accounts.

I have cwmx.com as the outgoing server which was working until 2-3 weeks ago.

AT&T solution is to change email address to a yahoo account, but we all know what a pain it is to do that when you have been using bellsouth for many years. My emails work fine on the computer but I need to get the iphone working too.

Anyone have any advise?

Message 2 of 5 (623 Views)
Professor

I have Bellsouth and cwmx.com works just fine on my phone. I just sent out an email from my phone and it went through.

Anytime you talk to Bellsouth, they tell you to swap to the yahoo settings. I've never done that. I'm still using the Bellsouth POP servers for email on my computers and incoming on the phone.
Message 3 of 5 (612 Views)
Guru

i use the yahoo presets for Bellsouth.net email

i do know that sometimes however, it tends to lose the password and you may have to retype the password back in. 

Message 4 of 5 (543 Views)
Contributor

Can you tell me what the yahoo presets are, maybe I'll try that

Message 5 of 5 (534 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.