Helpful Links

echo on samsung solstice

Tutor

echo on samsung solstice

Anybody have problem echo voice on solstice? I can hear my voice sometime and people I called other site can hear their voice echoing too. It is getting more and more after 2 weeks using it. And how to fix this problem? Thank advance for any reply and suggest.
Message 1 of 32
Contributor

Re: echo on samsung solstice

I have had this phone for almost a month and this is my third one.  I not only have the problem when using voice dialing, but also have had the echo problem if I"m using my bluetooth headset.  Anyone else had that problem?  and is there a fix?  I think today is my 30 day satisfaction deadline and I may go back and tell them I want a totally different brand.  This is driving me nuts!  Any ideas on fixing this for good, let me know.
Message 16 of 32
Contributor

I purchased the samsung phone and had echo problems. I followed the steps described by Sky123Blue (resetting the phone) and the problem disappeared. Thank you for your help!
Message Edited by denicea23 on 01-11-2010 01:17:54 PM
Message 17 of 32
Contributor

I had echo problem with the speaker phone on my Samsung Solstice.I tried using speaker a few days into having the phone.So I called AT&T the rep that I worked with had me leave the phone powered ON and take out the battery.Then put the battery back in and repower up the phone.He then called me on the cell phone and he said it sounded fine.But he let me put him on hold while I called one of my friends who told me my phone echoes and he also said it sounded good. So it seems problem solved.Hopefully It stays that way.
Message 18 of 32
Contributor

This is a problem on the samsung solstice. I just spent an hour on the phone with the local store where I got two of these phones on 12/29/2009. Within a few days my husband and I both had echoing occuring on the phones when we used the speakerphone. We also had problems with people we called using the speakerphone on, they heard themselves too and we wouldn't hear our echo. I called my office this morning and was using my speakerphone on the soltice. The person at my office was using a desk phone. I could hear no echoing and she could hear herself echoing. The local store gave me the technical team number 800-892-9760 option 1. I spoke with them and they did not know what could be causing the problem so they directed me to the Samsung  Mobile Help Line 800-987-4357. They told me that the voice recognition software is a third party product and unfortunately any phone that this software is on can have echoing problems. There is no way to take if off the phone nor is there anyway to turn it off. So, basically you have to take the phone back and hopefully it's within your 30 days return time or file a claim under warranty after 30 days and up to 365 days. I told Samsung they should consider not using the voice recognition software from this third party company if it does not allow you to use a feature (speakerphone) that comes in very handy when driving a vehicle.
Message 19 of 32
Contributor

I had echo problem with the speaker phone on my Samsung Solstice.I tried using speaker a few days into having the phone.So I called AT&T the rep that I worked with had me leave the phone powered ON and take out the battery.Then put the battery back in and repower up the phone.He then called me on the cell phone and he said it sounded fine.But he let me put him on hold while I called one of my friends who told me my phone echoes and he also said it sounded good. So it seems problem solved.Hopefully It stays that way.  

As of  today 1/21/10 still no problems with "echo".Would be interesting to know if this helps you too.

Message 20 of 32
Contributor

I did this (what someone else posted earlier) just now on both my phone and my husband's phone and there is no problem now.You would think that AT&T or Samsung would have this information and tell you this too.

I had the echo problem when using the speaker phone. After resetting the phone, it works fine now. It is caused by using Voice Recognition tool.

Workaround Steps:

1)     Go to Settings -> Phone - Reset Phone.

2)     A warning message shows up, Select Yes.

3)     It asks for new password, I type “0000”

4)     Confirm the password by typing “0000” again.

5)     Wait until it finishes.

6)     Go to Settings -> Display and Light Widget, uncheck Voice Recognition to avoid using it by accident.

Message 21 of 32
Contributor

Well folks, I tried the suggestions on this thread several times and every time the echo came back.  After three phones I tossed in the towel and got a differnt phone all together.  I got the Samsung Impression.  I have been very happy with it and actually like the slide out keyboard much better than the touch screen keyboard.  I am just glad that I was able to get in on my 30 day satisfaction guaranty and get a different phone. I couldn't use my bluetooth headset either without the echo problem and that is a non-negotiable.  Sorry, but the Solstice has way too much wrong with it for me to be able to deal with it.Much happier with the Impression.
Message 22 of 32
Contributor

I just got my Solstice 3 days ago.  After reading all these messages I called Samsung.  The fix on this is a Full Reset. It worked for my phone immediately.  Try the following: 

Turn off your phone. 

Remove the battery and the sim card. 

Replace battery but not the sim card.

Type in *2767*3855#  The phone will shut off and reboot. 

A message "No sim card or no sim mode" appears. 

Turn phone off for 1 minute. 

Re-insert the sim and turn the phone on. 

Good Luck to all of you.  

Message 23 of 32
Tutor

We can fix the echo by the reset option in the setting. The question is after the reset (or your full reset procedure) can you still use the voice command and don't get the echo problem back from the speakerphone.

Message 24 of 32
Contributor

Samsung told me that the voice recognition tool once used is what can cause the echoing. I doubt if you had echoing you won't have echoing again if you try to use the voice recognition.

Message 25 of 32
Contributor

Once I used the VR again the echoing came back immediately.  I just took the phone back today and chose another device.

Message 26 of 32
Contributor

Re: echo on Samsung solstice

I too have the echo problem with my solstice on the receivers end.   I will try to take it to the local factory repair to see what they say.  But thanks all for the troubleshooting about the Voice recognition.  ATT customer support just told me to turn off the phone, wait 30 seconds and turn on phone.  I think we should all call Samsung to file a complaint, so they see the huge impact of the problem.  Smiley Sad
Message 27 of 32
Contributor

Trying this one.  Sounds like the the best to full reset.  Fingers crossed,, thanksSmiley Happy
Message 28 of 32
Contributor

Just got off the phone with Samsung support and apparently to them there is no known issue with the phone or the VR software. Even after explaining to them this is my 3rd Solstice through warranty exchange. They also apparently have no internet access including ATT when pointing out there is a problem. Was escalated to another tech and same response, "no known issue" with either the phone hardware or VR software. Only option with Samsung is to send the phone in so they can "investigate the issue." I told them they had two other phones they could "investigate" from me and I could not go without a phone for up to 21 days. So Samsung tech support is useless. Very funny how some callers to tech support are actually being told there is an issue when 2 different techs told me there was NO KNOWN issues in database.

Again this is on 3rd phone not using VR and not accidently bumping VR, tested at warranty center then all of a sudden echoing starts.

Message 29 of 32
Contributor

Thats funny they say there are no known issues reported.I know for a fact that the person I talked to said they are going to put a problem report in.Apparently they only say they will make a report then dont do anything.But he did help me with the echo problems on speaker and volume issues.
Message 30 of 32
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?
Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

AT&T Locker is being discontinued on August 3rd. Find out what you need to do.

Additional Support