Helpful Links

echo on samsung solstice

Tutor

echo on samsung solstice

Anybody have problem echo voice on solstice? I can hear my voice sometime and people I called other site can hear their voice echoing too. It is getting more and more after 2 weeks using it. And how to fix this problem? Thank advance for any reply and suggest.
Message 1 of 32
Mentor

Re: echo on samsung solstice

I only have this problem with the speaker phone. I have seen other people comment the same.
Message 2 of 32
Expert

mielowes wrote:
     Anybody have problem echo voice on solstice? I can hear my voice sometime and people I called other site can hear their voice echoing too. It is getting more and more after 2 weeks using it. And how to fix this problem? Thank advance for any reply and suggest.

I would not play around with it, if you have had it less than 30 days, take it be to the original place of purchase and exchange it (If bought over the phone or through ATT.com then a corporate owned ATTM store can process the exchange and or return), if you have had it longer than 30 days but less than 365 (1 year) file a warranty claim for it as per the owners manual or contact AT&T's warranty department at 1-800-801-1101, if you have had the device for more than 365 days (1 year), then file a insurance claim for it if you have been paying monthly for insurance, if you have insurance you can call 1-877-405-2418

Message 3 of 32
Voyager

I agree with wilcre about exchanging the phone.  My son got one and his is working fine.  I got one, and it had the horrible echo.  I immediately exchanged it and the new one works fine.  Yes, it seems to be a common problem with the phone, but there are some that work fine.  Just return the phone right away if it doesn't work right.  ATT have always been really good about sending me a new headset if I had problems.  They have done so in the past several times.  Great customer service.
Message 4 of 32
Contributor

I had the echo problem when using the speaker phone. After resetting the phone, it works fine now. It is caused by using Voice Recognition tool.

Workaround Steps:

1)     Go to Settings -> Phone - Reset Phone.

2)     A warning message shows up, Select Yes.

3)     It asks for new password, I type “0000”

4)     Confirm the password by typing “0000” again.

5)     Wait until it finishes.

6)     Go to Settings -> Display and Light Widget, uncheck Voice Recognition to avoid using it by accident.

Message 5 of 32
Tutor

I just bought a new Samsung Solstice. I loved the phone but found the annoying echo speakerphone problem once I used the voice recognition command. If I follow your instruction to reset the phone, then the echo problem went away. However, as soon as I used the voice command again, the echo problem came back. Therefore, it's the voice recognition tool that must have changed something to make the speakerphone echo.  I love both using voice command and talking on speakerphone. Does it mean I need to give up one of these features on this phone?

I've read on the web that some said after they could get away with echo problem after they went to exchange to another one. So does it mean not all Solstice phones have this problem?

Message 6 of 32
Contributor

You are right, there is a problem with voice recognition tool. It causes speaker phone echo.

I exchanged a phone before I figured it out. The new phone didn't have any echo when I tried it in the store, but as soon as I used the voice recognition tool at home, the echo came back.You can still exchange it, try the voice recognition tool there, and please let us know if some of them works.

I found that speed dial is a good option too.

Message 7 of 32
Tutor

I just exhanged another new Samsung solstice and tested in the store. Not surprisingly, it has the same echo problem after the voice command was used. Sad.
Message 8 of 32
Contributor

I too have the speakerphone echo problem after the voice dialing is used once.  I upgraded to the Solstice a couple of weeks ago and have returned the phone twice until I figured out how to get the echo to return.  Both ATT and Samsung customer service were no help, saying that this issue had not been previously reported.  ATT says to exchange the phone and Samsung says return it for repair.

I feel that this is a software problem with the voice dialing software leaving the speakerphone in a state where the echo is heard.  I don't believe it's the hardware as there is no echo on the speakerphone after it is powered on and voice dialing is never used.

Still, it could be a bad batch of hardware.  Does anyone have s Solstice that does not have echo to the called party when using speakerphone and voice dialing was previously used?  Chime in here if you have a phone that does not have this problem.  That would give hope that another phone exchange might cure this issue!

Message 9 of 32
Tutor

I called Samsung today and a log is created to report the problem. Maybe more people should call Samsung about the issues so that it will be escalated for them to find a software fix and make a software patch available to download.
Message 10 of 32
Mentor

I have had my Solstice for about 3 weeks now and have also experienced the exact same issue with echoing. However, I can go one step further. Not only is the echo present with the speakerphone, but it is also present when I talk to someone without the speakerphone on the regular handset The people I speak to report hearing an echo on their side. I have returned the phone twice and still have the same problem so I know I didn't get a bad phone. Its a bad design!  I also reported the issue directly to Samsung who like a previous poster said, had no record of any issues with echoing.

One thing I uncovered that may help is that if you turn down the speaker volume on the handset (like move it to about 3 or 4), the echo reduces or even goes away. The downside is you have to struggle to hear the person on the other end because the speaker volume is too low on the handset (once again another design flaw). If there will be a software fix I'd love to know about it as well. Its a shame because I like the small size of the phone and the features.

Message 11 of 32
Contributor

I have had the Solstice for two weeks. I took it in last week because it was echoing.  But...so was my husbands and my sons phone.  Which was not a solstice.  They immediately wanted to exchange all our phones.  Another customer overheard me and told me hers did that but she fixed it.......   when you connect with a call..... turn down the volume.  This is different than the volume when a call is not connected....you have to be connected (with someone on the other end of your phone) and push the down volume button.   My was turned up as high as it could go as was my husbands and sons phones.   That fixed the problem.  AND we use voice recognition and speaker without the echoing. 

Good luck!  

Message 12 of 32
Mentor

Hi - your post basically repeats what I said in my post. Same solution! But one thing that you did not mention that I have to know... When you turn down the volume after you connect, are you having trouble hearing the person on the other end? I struggle to make out what the person is saying - which is exactly why the volume was turned up to "6" or "7" in the first place. How do we get the best of both worlds? 
Message 13 of 32
Contributor

No trouble hearing the person on the other end for me.  Fine and clear.

And sorry about repeating what you said..... I read over it and I misread it.  Thought you were saying the volume on the phone.  Sorry!  Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 32
Tutor

yes my solstice have same problem. after reading this thread i powered off and on, and then the problem went away. i mistakenly clicked and started the voice dialing thing and that caused the prob i guess.. sometimes when in speakerphone the other party's voice used to come in broken manner, not clearly (usually when i call some customer support) .. donno that problem will go away now or not.. does others also hear unclear voice in speakerphone sometimes?
Message 15 of 32
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support