Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 31, 2011
6:31:09 PM
View profile
early termation fee question

I have had 3 lines on my family plan for years now  and my oldest just got her own account with At&t, Will i be able to remove her line from my account without   the termation fee? we did do an upgrade last year, would   they be willing to wave the fee or am i stuck with the line  also is it possible to port her old  number to her new account?

I have had 3 lines on my family plan for years now  and my oldest just got her own account with At&t, Will i be able to remove her line from my account without   the termation fee? we did do an upgrade last year, would   they be willing to wave the fee or am i stuck with the line  also is it possible to port her old  number to her new account?

early termation fee question

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 31, 2011 8:50:41 PM
(0)
Mentor

Smiley Sad You're still stuck with the ETF if you disconnect that line in your family plan. If you're son's new account is still under 30 days, I recommend cancelling that instead under buyer's remorse. No ETF, just pay for the time phone was used. After that, process a transfer of billing responsibility for the 3rd line to your son's name. Either that or wait the contract out for a year.

Smiley Sad You're still stuck with the ETF if you disconnect that line in your family plan. If you're son's new account is still under 30 days, I recommend cancelling that instead under buyer's remorse. No ETF, just pay for the time phone was used. After that, process a transfer of billing responsibility for the 3rd line to your son's name. Either that or wait the contract out for a year.

Re: early termation fee question

2 of 3 (315 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 1, 2011 3:15:18 AM
(0)
Expert

the etf will not be waived, what you should have done was a transfer of billing responsiblity and split her current number and line off to her own account, porting of numbers within a carrier is not normally done.

the etf will not be waived, what you should have done was a transfer of billing responsiblity and split her current number and line off to her own account, porting of numbers within a carrier is not normally done.

Re: early termation fee question

3 of 3 (284 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments