Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 17, 2012
5:02:44 AM
View profile
dumb question

Just added 4 lines in the last 2 weeks and want to return one phone but she wants to keep the number how can this be done? I know when I was on Verizon and sprint they could swap the numbers around but first time on GSM so not sure how it works. If anyone is curious added 2 skyrockets a vivid and an infuse want to return the vivid and keep the number.

Just added 4 lines in the last 2 weeks and want to return one phone but she wants to keep the number how can this be done? I know when I was on Verizon and sprint they could swap the numbers around but first time on GSM so not sure how it works. If anyone is curious added 2 skyrockets a vivid and an infuse want to return the vivid and keep the number.

dumb question

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 17, 2012 7:30:01 AM
(0)
Expert

ajac wrote:

what are you going to put in place of the phone that you are taking back? If you just want to move the number from the phone being returned to one of the other 3 that you are keeping that can be done, it would be a lot faster to take the phones to a retail outlet and have the person there do it for you.

ajac wrote:

what are you going to put in place of the phone that you are taking back? If you just want to move the number from the phone being returned to one of the other 3 that you are keeping that can be done, it would be a lot faster to take the phones to a retail outlet and have the person there do it for you.

Re: dumb question

2 of 6 (488 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 17, 2012 8:19:30 AM
(0)
Tutor

the number for the phone we just ordered all ordered withen the 30 day window still and the phone we are returning is to a walmart so no 35 dollar fee woot!

the number for the phone we just ordered all ordered withen the 30 day window still and the phone we are returning is to a walmart so no 35 dollar fee woot!

3 of 6 (485 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 17, 2012 8:28:14 AM
(0)
Tutor

so what i want to do basically is:

keep number from phone  1

keep phone of  phone 2

return phone 1 (bought a week ago ) and turn off number that was just purchased

keep phone of  phone 2

4 of 6 (482 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 17, 2012 10:22:31 AM
(0)
Expert

ajac wrote:

Never dealt with wally world for a phone purchase, verify that the people there can actually do what you want and move the numbers around

ajac wrote:

Never dealt with wally world for a phone purchase, verify that the people there can actually do what you want and move the numbers around

5 of 6 (470 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 17, 2012 10:34:43 AM
(0)
Master

ajac wrote:

keep phone of  phone 2

I would talk directly with them as what you wan to do is complicated and could trigger fees and/or contract obligations that you want to avoid.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

ajac wrote:

keep phone of  phone 2

I would talk directly with them as what you wan to do is complicated and could trigger fees and/or contract obligations that you want to avoid.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

6 of 6 (468 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments