Helpful Links

dumb question on iphone 4s upgrade eligibility

Teacher

dumb question on iphone 4s upgrade eligibility

I just realized this, so in the past with all my other phones and upgrades i have been on a 12mo-16mo upgrade cycle for 10 years now.  When i upgraded from 3g to iphone 4 i was eligible before AT&T made the early upgrade announcement.  so shouldn't i techincally have be upgradable with in 16 months from the day the iphone 4 was launched? instead im like 20 months now (feb 26, 2012). i guess that's my only confusion with the upgrade policy, i guess i shouldn't have assumed AT&T would keep me on that cycle? if i was at the later the 16mo i should be eligible the end of october. Anyone else have this happen? I seem to be the only one on our family plan too that got bumped up to the 20month cycle.

Message 1 of 4
Scholar

Re: dumb question on iphone 4s upgrade eligibility

AT&T offered early upgrades on iPhone 4's in order to lock customers who would otherwise have had expiring contracts around the time that the Verizon iPhone became available. It was a one time deal that they are not doing again.

You do have the opportunity to do an early upgrade for an additional +$250 fee this time around, otherwise you'll just have to either wait until you are eligible on the date they gave you or open another line of new service.

Message 2 of 4
Teacher

thank you but that wasn't the question.  I was just wondering why i have gone from my usual 12mo-16mo upgrade cycle (which i have had for over 10 years now with at&T) to 20months  now. I get i can upgrade for +$250 but that wasn't the question. 

Message 3 of 4
Professor

No one knows, the same as no one really knows why AT&T choose to not offer early upgrades. They seem to have set the "normal"" upgrades to 20 months into a 24 month contract, but haven't said why. They just did.
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support