downloading ringtones...

Contributor

downloading ringtones...

i was on the phone for over an hour with a customer service rep last night trying to download ringtones to my razr....after forever the rep told me they had to make a "case" because the previous owner of my number exceeded their ringtone spending limit and she could not override it. she then suggested to try to change my number, which we did and no luck with that either. i tried to call back today to make a case or whatever but the center was closed. am i ever going to be able to download ringtones to my phone? i DO NOT want to change my number...anyone else have similar problems? please HELP ME! lolSmiley Sad 
Message 1 of 4 (2,649 Views)
Contributor

Re: downloading ringtones...

I had problems trying to connect to the net to download a ringtone I purchased and nobody could tell me why I couldn't d/l until 1 support person told me to turn phone completely off, remove battery, then replace it turn phone back on and try d/ling... and it worked, not sure if situations are the same but if you hadn't turned ur phone completely off before, try it and see if it'll work for u.

Message 2 of 4 (2,629 Views)
Expert

AngeliaMarie02 wrote:
     i was on the phone for over an hour with a customer service rep last night trying to download ringtones to my razr....after forever the rep told me they had to make a "case" because the previous owner of my number exceeded their ringtone spending limit and she could not override it. she then suggested to try to change my number, which we did and no luck with that either. i tried to call back today to make a case or whatever but the center was closed. am i ever going to be able to download ringtones to my phone? i DO NOT want to change my number...anyone else have similar problems? please HELP ME! lolSmiley Sad 

Can you walk us through the step by step process you did to download the ringtone and the error code and or message you got when it failed.
Message 3 of 4 (2,616 Views)

As long as you can receive text messages and get online, you could make your own ringtones at Mobile17 in the meantime....
Message 4 of 4 (2,256 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.