Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us NOW for a live “Ask an Expert” event!

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 27, 2011
7:03:58 AM
View profile
downgrading?

i currently have a blackberry but really need to downgrade to something that does not require having a data plan...How can i go about doing this??

Can i just buy any cell phone and put my sim from my bb in it??

i currently have a blackberry but really need to downgrade to something that does not require having a data plan...How can i go about doing this??

Can i just buy any cell phone and put my sim from my bb in it??

downgrading?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2011 7:11:04 AM
(0)
Master

Yeah...you might have to call Customer Care and provide them with the updated phone's IMEI to remove the data plan.  And if you give up an unlimited data plan you probably can't get it back...you'll have to go with one of the tiered plans.

Yeah...you might have to call Customer Care and provide them with the updated phone's IMEI to remove the data plan.  And if you give up an unlimited data plan you probably can't get it back...you'll have to go with one of the tiered plans.

Re: downgrading?

2 of 3 (1,030 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2011 1:24:42 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Yep, that's basically it, but as BrianfromNO already stated, you will have to remove the data plan from your account if you want to discontinue your use with it. Be aware that QMD (Quick Messaging) devices may also have to have a mandatory messaging plan added to it if you were to get a QMD feature phone. If you're just going to stay with a basic phone, then you should not have any add-ons to your account.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Yep, that's basically it, but as BrianfromNO already stated, you will have to remove the data plan from your account if you want to discontinue your use with it. Be aware that QMD (Quick Messaging) devices may also have to have a mandatory messaging plan added to it if you were to get a QMD feature phone. If you're just going to stay with a basic phone, then you should not have any add-ons to your account.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: downgrading?

3 of 3 (996 Views)