Explore & discover

Helpful Links

do I need to get a new battery for samsung skyrocket?

Scholar

do I need to get a new battery for samsung skyrocket?

I noticed during charging - battery charging even when I just let it sit there and charge through power cable/ cord the I have battery apps that shows it is about 50' c degrees and 120'f degrees and etc do I need a battery? it is hot to the touch when I leave it there to charge at night

Message 1 of 9
Professor

Re: do I need to get a new battery for samsung skyrocket?

Make sure the battery contacts have a good connection. A loose connection can cause the battery to heat up.

Also, are you using the charger that came with the phone? Using a charger designed for another device isn't always a good idea.

If the phone is new, within 30 days of purchase, take it back and have it replaced with a new unit.

Message 2 of 9
Scholar

stock samsung battery, with perfect contact

past 30 days so this is not normal?

Message 3 of 9
Master

What he meant is within 30 days, you can go to store to exchange for a new phone. Post 30 days, you will have to deal with AT&T warranty service and can only exchange for refurbished phones. If you believe your battery is bad, call AT&T warranty service and they will send you a free battery.

Message 4 of 9
Scholar

do I need an insurance plan with att? after 30 days

Message 5 of 9
Professor

If its after 30 days you can't add insurance
Message 6 of 9
Highlighted
Master

AT&T offers standard one-year warranty on all its phones. You don't need insurance for this. Insurance is only needed for accidental damage or loss that are not coverted by warranty.

Message 7 of 9
Scholar

I actually did not know that

I thought only the maker of the phone offer the standard warranty

great to know att gives warranty

Message 8 of 9
Mentor

$84@yr, a $199 deductible and it might be refurbished,a different color or even a different model. It's not ATT but an after market insurer. Read the fine print.
Message 9 of 9
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you Missing Your BOGO Credits? If so, QuarryRye can you help figure out what happened and what to do about it!

Additional Support