Explore & discover

Helpful Links

do I need to get a new battery for samsung skyrocket?

Scholar

do I need to get a new battery for samsung skyrocket?

I noticed during charging - battery charging even when I just let it sit there and charge through power cable/ cord the I have battery apps that shows it is about 50' c degrees and 120'f degrees and etc do I need a battery? it is hot to the touch when I leave it there to charge at night

Message 1 of 9
Professor

Re: do I need to get a new battery for samsung skyrocket?

Make sure the battery contacts have a good connection. A loose connection can cause the battery to heat up.

Also, are you using the charger that came with the phone? Using a charger designed for another device isn't always a good idea.

If the phone is new, within 30 days of purchase, take it back and have it replaced with a new unit.

Message 2 of 9
Scholar

stock samsung battery, with perfect contact

past 30 days so this is not normal?

Message 3 of 9
Master

What he meant is within 30 days, you can go to store to exchange for a new phone. Post 30 days, you will have to deal with AT&T warranty service and can only exchange for refurbished phones. If you believe your battery is bad, call AT&T warranty service and they will send you a free battery.

Message 4 of 9
Scholar

do I need an insurance plan with att? after 30 days

Message 5 of 9
Professor

If its after 30 days you can't add insurance
Message 6 of 9
Highlighted
Master

AT&T offers standard one-year warranty on all its phones. You don't need insurance for this. Insurance is only needed for accidental damage or loss that are not coverted by warranty.

Message 7 of 9
Scholar

I actually did not know that

I thought only the maker of the phone offer the standard warranty

great to know att gives warranty

Message 8 of 9
Mentor

$84@yr, a $199 deductible and it might be refurbished,a different color or even a different model. It's not ATT but an after market insurer. Read the fine print.
Message 9 of 9
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support