Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 11, 2011
1:55:04 PM
divorce and kids phones

We have a family plan with four phones... mine, my husband's, and two kids phones.  We are getting a divorce.  The plan is under my husband's name, but as I am getting full custody, I will be taking over responsibility for paying for the kids' phones. 

Is there a way to make me primary on the account and let him move his phone elsewhere?  He does not plan on staying with AT&T but I do. 

We have a family plan with four phones... mine, my husband's, and two kids phones.  We are getting a divorce.  The plan is under my husband's name, but as I am getting full custody, I will be taking over responsibility for paying for the kids' phones. 

Is there a way to make me primary on the account and let him move his phone elsewhere?  He does not plan on staying with AT&T but I do. 

divorce and kids phones

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2011 2:04:16 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Do a transfer of financial responsibility for your line and the kid's lines from your husband's account, setting up your own account. That way he is still financially responsible for any early termination fees on his phone line.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.

Do a transfer of financial responsibility for your line and the kid's lines from your husband's account, setting up your own account. That way he is still financially responsible for any early termination fees on his phone line.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: divorce and kids phones

2 of 4 (711 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2011 2:07:48 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thank you.  Our credit is not as good now as when we opened the account due to various circumstances.  Is that likely to get in the way of transferring responsiblities?

Thank you.  Our credit is not as good now as when we opened the account due to various circumstances.  Is that likely to get in the way of transferring responsiblities?

3 of 4 (708 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2011 2:07:59 PM
(0)
Professor

aesposito wrote:

Yes, if you have setup an online account management account, he can log on and look for "my profile" just right of center, under the orange bar. Click there and on teh next page at the bottom you will see:

AUTHORIZED USERS - RETAIL STORE

Please enter the first and last name of the user you want to authorize to make changes on this account in an AT&T retail store. Select 'Save' to add this authorized user.

Here he can enter your name and you can then change account information at an corporate store (one that sells nothing but AT&T devices). this way, you can change the primary account owner information.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

aesposito wrote:

Yes, if you have setup an online account management account, he can log on and look for "my profile" just right of center, under the orange bar. Click there and on teh next page at the bottom you will see:

AUTHORIZED USERS - RETAIL STORE

Please enter the first and last name of the user you want to authorize to make changes on this account in an AT&T retail store. Select 'Save' to add this authorized user.

Here he can enter your name and you can then change account information at an corporate store (one that sells nothing but AT&T devices). this way, you can change the primary account owner information.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

4 of 4 (707 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments