Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 2, 2010
8:57:55 AM
View profile
deleting email on captivate on handheld only

I just switched from a blackberry to the captivate phone.  Unlike my blackberry there is not a delete on handheld only button for the email.  When I delete a message, it puts it all in the deleted message folder on my email account within our exchange server.  If I send the email back to my inbox on my laptop, it sends it back to the phone.  Is there a delete on handheld only feature that I am missing or another way this is handled on the captivate?  Thanks for your assistance.

I just switched from a blackberry to the captivate phone.  Unlike my blackberry there is not a delete on handheld only button for the email.  When I delete a message, it puts it all in the deleted message folder on my email account within our exchange server.  If I send the email back to my inbox on my laptop, it sends it back to the phone.  Is there a delete on handheld only feature that I am missing or another way this is handled on the captivate?  Thanks for your assistance.

deleting email on captivate on handheld only

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2010 11:18:11 AM
(0)
Professor

Open your Exchange mailbox on the phone, press the menu button and select Account settings. At the bottom of the list under Server settings, uncheck Delete from Phone and Server.

Open your Exchange mailbox on the phone, press the menu button and select Account settings. At the bottom of the list under Server settings, uncheck Delete from Phone and Server.

Re: deleting email on captivate on handheld only

2 of 5 (1,910 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2010 11:39:26 AM
(0)
Contributor

Max,

When I change the setting as you suggested, when the email is deleted on the handheld, it is also deleted from the inbox on the laptop.  With the other setting, at least it goes back to the deleted items mailbox.

Max,

When I change the setting as you suggested, when the email is deleted on the handheld, it is also deleted from the inbox on the laptop.  With the other setting, at least it goes back to the deleted items mailbox.

3 of 5 (1,905 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2010 1:16:24 PM
(0)
Professor

Wow, that's not what I would have expected. Sorry for the misinformation!

Personally, I don't delete any messages from my phone unless it's garbage. I have the phone set to sync 3 days worth of email, and just let it take care of itself.

Wow, that's not what I would have expected. Sorry for the misinformation!

Personally, I don't delete any messages from my phone unless it's garbage. I have the phone set to sync 3 days worth of email, and just let it take care of itself.

4 of 5 (1,889 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2010 8:13:21 AM
(0)
Master

Exhange Sync is exactly as its name implies: sync. That is what you see on your phone is what you see on your desktop PC. If you want to hide old messages, you can change the sync settings to sync only x number of days of email. BlackBerry services (BES) add another layer on top of Exchange. Hence it can have some flexibility.

Exhange Sync is exactly as its name implies: sync. That is what you see on your phone is what you see on your desktop PC. If you want to hide old messages, you can change the sync settings to sync only x number of days of email. BlackBerry services (BES) add another layer on top of Exchange. Hence it can have some flexibility.

5 of 5 (1,837 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments