data usage for Samsung Infuse

Tutor

data usage for Samsung Infuse

This is my first smart phone and I have no idea what eats up my data on my Samsung Infuse.  I have wireless internet at home so I try to keep my data packet turned off but when I do turn it on and forget to turn it off when I leave home I somehow manage to use lots of data.  Can anyone enlighten me about what uses up data? and also why does my data have to be turned on to send or receive a picture message? 

Message 1 of 3 (1,047 Views)

Re: data usage for Samsung Infuse

byrdnest wrote:

This is my first smart phone and I have no idea what eats up my data on my Samsung Infuse.  I have wireless internet at home so I try to keep my data packet turned off but when I do turn it on and forget to turn it off when I leave home I somehow manage to use lots of data.  Can anyone enlighten me about what uses up data? and also why does my data have to be turned on to send or receive a picture message? 

MMS uses data to transfer the picture.  It's always been this way since the beginning of MMS.

As to what's using data - there are apps that can monitor what is using data, I don't remember their names.  You might want to look at some of the other "excessive data usage" threads here for suggestions.

Sometimes misconfigured Exchange servers can make the phone go nuts, but there are other possibilities.

Message 2 of 3 (1,015 Views)
Tutor

Re: data usage for Samsung Infuse

I didnt even have a data plan on my nokia att phone and sent picture messages all the time...why would I have to use data on my infuse to send pictures?

Message 3 of 3 (995 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.