Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 15, 2011
11:46:32 AM
data required on neon 2?

I can buy one from a friend for cheap. It would primarily be for texting so wasnt sure if data is required. I assume it isnt required but wanted to check.

I can buy one from a friend for cheap. It would primarily be for texting so wasnt sure if data is required. I assume it isnt required but wanted to check.

data required on neon 2?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 19, 2011 9:58:03 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

mikewho wrote:

Nope, neither a data or messaging plan would be required for the LG Neon II. It is classified as a quick messaging device, or otherwise a feature phone - so no data plan.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

mikewho wrote:

Nope, neither a data or messaging plan would be required for the LG Neon II. It is classified as a quick messaging device, or otherwise a feature phone - so no data plan.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: data required on neon 2?

2 of 4 (458 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 24, 2011 7:45:40 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by ausgewandert on Jul 24, 2011 at 7:48:13 PM

my daughter has a Neon 2. I would not get her one again. Even I have huge problems not to enter into the ATT Medianet by mistake. The main button on the phone gets you right there, next to other things on the touch screen under apps. The center main button is used to turn the phone on and off or to scroll through lists, icons.

if you don't get a data plan you will get hit with a $2 Medianet usage fee every month because it's incredibly tricky NOT to hit the Medianet button (and even if you think you cancelled in time there is 1-2Kb data transferred). Read other messages in this very forum on that (Medianet related).

don't get me wrong, the phone is otherwise a great non-smartphone for texting.

my daughter has a Neon 2. I would not get her one again. Even I have huge problems not to enter into the ATT Medianet by mistake. The main button on the phone gets you right there, next to other things on the touch screen under apps. The center main button is used to turn the phone on and off or to scroll through lists, icons.

if you don't get a data plan you will get hit with a $2 Medianet usage fee every month because it's incredibly tricky NOT to hit the Medianet button (and even if you think you cancelled in time there is 1-2Kb data transferred). Read other messages in this very forum on that (Medianet related).

don't get me wrong, the phone is otherwise a great non-smartphone for texting.

[ Edited ]
3 of 4 (423 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 3, 2011 6:24:00 PM
(0)
Guru

thanks for the replies. yeah i learned the hard way about the data after i accidentally hit the button. I do use a little bit of data so usually its not an issue but if i had a month where i planned to not use any data, it would be hard not to hit the button by mistake.

thanks for the replies. yeah i learned the hard way about the data after i accidentally hit the button. I do use a little bit of data so usually its not an issue but if i had a month where i planned to not use any data, it would be hard not to hit the button by mistake.

4 of 4 (355 Views)