data "weight" (use) of a message sent through beejive, ebuddy or similar

Teacher

data "weight" (use) of a message sent through beejive, ebuddy or similar

Hello,

I'm considering getting an iphone 4 but wan't to bypass paying for a messaging plan (if possible.) I want to get a data plan only (the 200 MB one.)

My question is....if I don't have a text mesaging plan, but send messages through something like beejive or ebuddy, does anyone know approximately how much data is used per message sent? And by message i mean a short message without pics or anything "heavy." Just your typical "hey man what are you up to?"

I want to make sure if i use the network and receive messages through the data plan, my data allowance is depleted fast.

I would actually ask att to make sure i can't receive text messages because i don't want to pay 20 cents per message if i get them without a plan.

Apart form beejive and ebuddy, how else can i send messages as data? I use AOL IM, ichat and MSM. 

Thanks guys

Message 1 of 2
ACE - Expert

Re: data "weight" (use) of a message sent through beejive, ebuddy or similar

For iPhone Beejive is probably better than eBuddy. Either way, the overhead can't be huge — while I don't know for sure, I'd be surprised if it were more than a few hundred bytes, giving you a couple of thousand messages per megabyte of data.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support