data package

Contributor

data package

i have an iphone 4 i am using as a go phone and have ordered a data package.  i was billed for this data package and have yet to recieve it.  has anyone ran into this problem before?  AT&T's site shows this is possible and i have tried this before and AT&T refunded the money to my account.  Just doesn't make sense that i can't order a data package for this phone.  I'm looking for anyone who may have a solution to this.........

Message 1 of 7 (299 Views)
Professor

Re: data package

at&t doesn't support the iPhone 4 as a GoPhone.

Message 2 of 7 (296 Views)
Master

As stated, the iPhone must be used on a normal plan and not a go-phone.  Since you have your own hardware, you do not need to sign a contract but you will need to commit to a plan that is at least $39 for the voice and $15 or $25/month depending upon the amount of data you want to use.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 3 of 7 (280 Views)

AT&T does not support the iPhone 4 on a GoPhone pre-paid plan. You'll need to be on a mouth-to-month plan with a voice plan of at least $39 and a data plan of at least $15.

Message 4 of 7 (274 Views)
Guru

21stNow wrote:

youngjm wrote:

As stated, the iPhone must be used on a normal plan and not a go-phone.

sonic11900 wrote:

AT&T does not support the iPhone 4 on a GoPhone pre-paid plan.

LOL--the above reminds me of the question about how many engineers does it take to install a light bulb... Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 7 (254 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

tonester wrote:

21stNow wrote:

youngjm wrote:

As stated, the iPhone must be used on a normal plan and not a go-phone.

sonic11900 wrote:

AT&T does not support the iPhone 4 on a GoPhone pre-paid plan.

LOL--the above reminds me of the question about how many engineers does it take to install a light bulb... Smiley Wink

None - engineers don;t do hardware maintenance, they just design it

Message 6 of 7 (246 Views)
Master

daironman wrote:

i have an iphone 4 i am using as a go phone and have ordered a data package.  i was billed for this data package and have yet to recieve it.  has anyone ran into this problem before?  AT&T's site shows this is possible and i have tried this before and AT&T refunded the money to my account.  Just doesn't make sense that i can't order a data package for this phone.  I'm looking for anyone who may have a solution to this.........

Have you ever been able to use data on it before? To set up mobile data on prepaid iPhones, you have to go through a separate step to enable it. Otherwise, it will not work unless you want to use Wi-Fi instead.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 7 of 7 (214 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.