Ask a question

Posted Aug 7, 2011
    5:37:58 PM
    View profile
    data package

i have an iphone 4 i am using as a go phone and have ordered a data package.  i was billed for this data package and have yet to recieve it.  has anyone ran into this problem before?  AT&T's site shows this is possible and i have tried this before and AT&T refunded the money to my account.  Just doesn't make sense that i can't order a data package for this phone.  I'm looking for anyone who may have a solution to this.........

data package

6 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (6)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Aug 7, 2011 6:07:35 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Professor

at&t doesn't support the iPhone 4 as a GoPhone.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: data package

2 of 7 (275 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Aug 7, 2011 9:10:19 PM
    (0)
    Master

As stated, the iPhone must be used on a normal plan and not a go-phone.  Since you have your own hardware, you do not need to sign a contract but you will need to commit to a plan that is at least $39 for the voice and $15 or $25/month depending upon the amount of data you want to use.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
    Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
    https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
    Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

3 of 7 (259 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Aug 7, 2011 9:42:19 PM
    (0)
    Guru

AT&T does not support the iPhone 4 on a GoPhone pre-paid plan. You'll need to be on a mouth-to-month plan with a voice plan of at least $39 and a data plan of at least $15.

Experience the Underlyingsound.

4 of 7 (253 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Aug 8, 2011 7:52:40 AM
    (0)
    Guru

21stNow wrote:

youngjm wrote:

As stated, the iPhone must be used on a normal plan and not a go-phone.

sonic11900 wrote:

AT&T does not support the iPhone 4 on a GoPhone pre-paid plan.

LOL--the above reminds me of the question about how many engineers does it take to install a light bulb... Smiley Wink

5 of 7 (233 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Aug 8, 2011 9:51:16 AM
    (0)
    Expert
    Edited by wingrider01 on Aug 8, 2011 at 9:51:45 AM

tonester wrote:

21stNow wrote:

youngjm wrote:

As stated, the iPhone must be used on a normal plan and not a go-phone.

sonic11900 wrote:

AT&T does not support the iPhone 4 on a GoPhone pre-paid plan.

LOL--the above reminds me of the question about how many engineers does it take to install a light bulb... Smiley Wink

None - engineers don;t do hardware maintenance, they just design it

[ Edited ]
    6 of 7 (225 Views)
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Aug 8, 2011 9:02:55 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

daironman wrote:

i have an iphone 4 i am using as a go phone and have ordered a data package.  i was billed for this data package and have yet to recieve it.  has anyone ran into this problem before?  AT&T's site shows this is possible and i have tried this before and AT&T refunded the money to my account.  Just doesn't make sense that i can't order a data package for this phone.  I'm looking for anyone who may have a solution to this.........

Have you ever been able to use data on it before? To set up mobile data on prepaid iPhones, you have to go through a separate step to enable it. Otherwise, it will not work unless you want to use Wi-Fi instead.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
    *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 7 (193 Views)