Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Reply
Posted Dec 7, 2010
11:05:21 PM
View profile
customer satisfaction is not a priority of at&t

my samsung impression started messing up week before last so i called and got a replacement.  of course they didnt have any impressions so they sent me a LG vu plus (i think thats the name of this piece of crap). anyway i actually tried to get used to the phone and work with it before i got totally frustrated with it. so i called them back last week and told them i wasnt satisfied with the phone. the guy told me that since they didnt have the impression, they sent me a phone with the same features such as the sliding keyboard and touch screen. i told the guy that the phone may "look" similar to the impression but its nothing like it internally...its too light, the screen is smaller, the touch screen sucks and there is no calibration for it, the internet is uber slow amongst other things. i asked him was there somthing that they could do such as send me a better phone. he said no. i asked him "so u all dont care if this phone is nothing like my old one...u just pick a phone because it slides and i have to be satisfied with it?" he said some hooplah about sumthing...i dont remember because i was highly upset (they made me change the word that was originaly here. u know wat it was.)  they they wouldnt take this phone back. what i got from the conversation was [u are stuck with that piece of crap phone wether u like it or not]

 

this is rediculous. they basically forced me to downgrade my phone. i hate this phone more than anyone could imagine. and they dont care. so when this contract is up i will not b renewing it...i think cricket treats their customers better. if not them i will surely find another carrier. i have been with at&t over 5 years and my bill has never been less than $100 and they do it like this???? ok...thats fine.....peace out at&t Smiley Mad

 

my samsung impression started messing up week before last so i called and got a replacement.  of course they didnt have any impressions so they sent me a LG vu plus (i think thats the name of this piece of crap). anyway i actually tried to get used to the phone and work with it before i got totally frustrated with it. so i called them back last week and told them i wasnt satisfied with the phone. the guy told me that since they didnt have the impression, they sent me a phone with the same features such as the sliding keyboard and touch screen. i told the guy that the phone may "look" similar to the impression but its nothing like it internally...its too light, the screen is smaller, the touch screen sucks and there is no calibration for it, the internet is uber slow amongst other things. i asked him was there somthing that they could do such as send me a better phone. he said no. i asked him "so u all dont care if this phone is nothing like my old one...u just pick a phone because it slides and i have to be satisfied with it?" he said some hooplah about sumthing...i dont remember because i was highly upset (they made me change the word that was originaly here. u know wat it was.)  they they wouldnt take this phone back. what i got from the conversation was [u are stuck with that piece of crap phone wether u like it or not]

 

this is rediculous. they basically forced me to downgrade my phone. i hate this phone more than anyone could imagine. and they dont care. so when this contract is up i will not b renewing it...i think cricket treats their customers better. if not them i will surely find another carrier. i have been with at&t over 5 years and my bill has never been less than $100 and they do it like this???? ok...thats fine.....peace out at&t Smiley Mad

 

customer satisfaction is not a priority of at&t

606 views
59 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Reply
View all replies
(59)
Highlighted
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2010 1:11:26 AM
0
(0)
Expert

So they forced you to take the replacement Vu Plus LG GR700 phone, I doubt that, they gave you the option and you took it, unfortunately it turned out it did not meet your requirements, The thing I would like to know is why did you take instead of going through the maker of the phone as per the owners manual for a replacement of the phone as per the owners manual on page 3 LINK.

 

LIMITED WARRANTY STATEMENT

 

     WHAT THIS WARRANTY COVERS: LG offers you a limited warranty that the enclosed subscriber unit and its enclosed accessories will be free from defects in material and workmanship, according to the following terms and conditions:

  1. The limited warranty for the product extends for TWELVE (12) MONTHS beginning on the date of purchase of the product with valid proof of purchase, or absent valid proof of purchase, FIFTEEN (15) MONTHS from date of manufacture as determined by the unit’s manufacture date code.
  2. The limited warranty extends only to the original purchaser of the product and is not assignable or transferable to any subsequent purchaser/end user.
  3. This warranty is good only to the original purchaser of the product during the warranty period as long as it is in the U.S, including Alaska, Hawaii, U.S. Territories and Canada.
  4. The external housing and cosmetic parts shall be free of defects at the time of shipment and, therefore, shall not be covered under these limited warranty terms.
  5. Upon request from LG, the consumer must provide information to reasonably prove the date of purchase.
  6. The customer shall bear the cost of shipping the product to the Customer Service Department of LG. LG shall bear the cost of shipping the product back to the consumer after the completion of service under this limited warranty.


WHAT THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:

  1. Defects or damages resulting from use of the product in other than its normal and customary manner.
  2. Defects or damages from abnormal use, abnormal conditions, improper storage, exposure to moisture or dampness, unauthorized modifications, unauthorized connections, unauthorized repair, misuse, neglect, abuse, accident, alteration, improper installation, or other acts which are not the fault of LG, including damage caused by shipping, blown fuses, spills of food or liquid.
  3. Breakage or damage to antennas unless caused directly by defects in material or workmanship.
  4. That the Customer Service Department at LG was not notified by consumer of the alleged defect or malfunction of the product during the applicable limited warranty period.
  5. Products which have had the serial number removed or made illegible.
  6. This limited warranty is in lieu of all other warranties, express or implied either in fact or by operations of law, statutory or otherwise, including, but not limited to any implied warranty of marketability or fitness for a particular use.
  7. Damage resulting from use of non-LG approved accessories.
  8. All plastic surfaces and all other externally exposed parts that are scratched
  9. Products operated outside published maximum ratings.
  10. Products used or obtained in a rental program.
  11. Consumables (such as fuses).

WHAT LG WILL DO:

     LG will, at its sole option, either repair, replace or refund the purchase price of any unit that does not conform to this limited warranty. LG may choose at its option to use functionally equivalent reconditioned, refurbished or new units or parts or any units. In addition, LG will not re-install or back-up any data, applications or software that you have added to your phone. It is therefore recommended that you back-up any such data or information prior to sending the unit to LG to avoid the permanent loss of such information.
STATE LAW RIGHTS:

     No other express warranty is applicable to this product. THE DURATION OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MARKETABILITY, IS LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THE EXPRESS WARRANTY HEREIN. LG INFOCOMM INC. SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE LOSS OF THE USE OF THE PRODUCT, INCONVENIENCE, LOSS OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, DIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THIS PRODUCT OR FOR ANY BREACH OF ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MARKETABILITY APPLICABLE TO THIS PRODUCT.
Some states do not allow the exclusive of limitation of incidental or consequential damages or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts; so these limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.

 

HOW TO GET WARRANTY SERVICE:
     To obtain warranty service, please call or fax to the following telephone numbers from anywhere in the continental United States: Tel. 1-800-793-8896 or Fax. 1-800-448-4026 Or visit www.lgeservice.com. Correspondence may also be mailed to: LG Electronics MobileComm U.S.A., Inc. 201 James Record Road Huntsville, AL 35824 DO NOT RETURN YOUR PRODUCT TO THE ABOVE ADDRESS. Please call or write for the location of the LG authorized service center nearest you and for the procedures for obtaining warranty claims.

So they forced you to take the replacement Vu Plus LG GR700 phone, I doubt that, they gave you the option and you took it, unfortunately it turned out it did not meet your requirements, The thing I would like to know is why did you take instead of going through the maker of the phone as per the owners manual for a replacement of the phone as per the owners manual on page 3 LINK.

 

LIMITED WARRANTY STATEMENT

 

     WHAT THIS WARRANTY COVERS: LG offers you a limited warranty that the enclosed subscriber unit and its enclosed accessories will be free from defects in material and workmanship, according to the following terms and conditions:

  1. The limited warranty for the product extends for TWELVE (12) MONTHS beginning on the date of purchase of the product with valid proof of purchase, or absent valid proof of purchase, FIFTEEN (15) MONTHS from date of manufacture as determined by the unit’s manufacture date code.
  2. The limited warranty extends only to the original purchaser of the product and is not assignable or transferable to any subsequent purchaser/end user.
  3. This warranty is good only to the original purchaser of the product during the warranty period as long as it is in the U.S, including Alaska, Hawaii, U.S. Territories and Canada.
  4. The external housing and cosmetic parts shall be free of defects at the time of shipment and, therefore, shall not be covered under these limited warranty terms.
  5. Upon request from LG, the consumer must provide information to reasonably prove the date of purchase.
  6. The customer shall bear the cost of shipping the product to the Customer Service Department of LG. LG shall bear the cost of shipping the product back to the consumer after the completion of service under this limited warranty.


WHAT THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:

  1. Defects or damages resulting from use of the product in other than its normal and customary manner.
  2. Defects or damages from abnormal use, abnormal conditions, improper storage, exposure to moisture or dampness, unauthorized modifications, unauthorized connections, unauthorized repair, misuse, neglect, abuse, accident, alteration, improper installation, or other acts which are not the fault of LG, including damage caused by shipping, blown fuses, spills of food or liquid.
  3. Breakage or damage to antennas unless caused directly by defects in material or workmanship.
  4. That the Customer Service Department at LG was not notified by consumer of the alleged defect or malfunction of the product during the applicable limited warranty period.
  5. Products which have had the serial number removed or made illegible.
  6. This limited warranty is in lieu of all other warranties, express or implied either in fact or by operations of law, statutory or otherwise, including, but not limited to any implied warranty of marketability or fitness for a particular use.
  7. Damage resulting from use of non-LG approved accessories.
  8. All plastic surfaces and all other externally exposed parts that are scratched
  9. Products operated outside published maximum ratings.
  10. Products used or obtained in a rental program.
  11. Consumables (such as fuses).

WHAT LG WILL DO:

     LG will, at its sole option, either repair, replace or refund the purchase price of any unit that does not conform to this limited warranty. LG may choose at its option to use functionally equivalent reconditioned, refurbished or new units or parts or any units. In addition, LG will not re-install or back-up any data, applications or software that you have added to your phone. It is therefore recommended that you back-up any such data or information prior to sending the unit to LG to avoid the permanent loss of such information.
STATE LAW RIGHTS:

     No other express warranty is applicable to this product. THE DURATION OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MARKETABILITY, IS LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THE EXPRESS WARRANTY HEREIN. LG INFOCOMM INC. SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE LOSS OF THE USE OF THE PRODUCT, INCONVENIENCE, LOSS OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, DIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THIS PRODUCT OR FOR ANY BREACH OF ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MARKETABILITY APPLICABLE TO THIS PRODUCT.
Some states do not allow the exclusive of limitation of incidental or consequential damages or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts; so these limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.

 

HOW TO GET WARRANTY SERVICE:
     To obtain warranty service, please call or fax to the following telephone numbers from anywhere in the continental United States: Tel. 1-800-793-8896 or Fax. 1-800-448-4026 Or visit www.lgeservice.com. Correspondence may also be mailed to: LG Electronics MobileComm U.S.A., Inc. 201 James Record Road Huntsville, AL 35824 DO NOT RETURN YOUR PRODUCT TO THE ABOVE ADDRESS. Please call or write for the location of the LG authorized service center nearest you and for the procedures for obtaining warranty claims.

Re: customer satisfaction is not a priority of at&t

2 of 60 (600 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2010 6:55:57 AM
0
(0)
Guru

If the model was changed due to the phone being out of stock, I highly doubt that this was from warranty.  To my knowledge, warranty has never yet run out of the Impression.  This would have been through insurance, which is Asurion and not AT&T.

 

Still, if warranty were changing from the Impression to something else for some reason, the Vu Plus and (despite the lack of hardware keypad) Solstice would be the closest equivalents available.

 


I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

If the model was changed due to the phone being out of stock, I highly doubt that this was from warranty.  To my knowledge, warranty has never yet run out of the Impression.  This would have been through insurance, which is Asurion and not AT&T.

 

Still, if warranty were changing from the Impression to something else for some reason, the Vu Plus and (despite the lack of hardware keypad) Solstice would be the closest equivalents available.

Re: customer satisfaction is not a priority of at&t

3 of 60 (589 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2010 11:53:46 AM
0
(0)
Professor

Warranty does send different models in 2 different situations, 1. being multiple exchanges for the same device, or 2. if they do not have it in stock...


It is definetly unfortunate that you recieved a phone that did not meet your expectations or standards, i  understand recieving a phone that is a downgrade compared to your original phone is never a fun situation to go through, however, getting a FREE device is better than paying for a replacement, also, i would ask to be transfered to the warranty department, maybe they will exchange you, did t

 


I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Warranty does send different models in 2 different situations, 1. being multiple exchanges for the same device, or 2. if they do not have it in stock...


It is definetly unfortunate that you recieved a phone that did not meet your expectations or standards, i  understand recieving a phone that is a downgrade compared to your original phone is never a fun situation to go through, however, getting a FREE device is better than paying for a replacement, also, i would ask to be transfered to the warranty department, maybe they will exchange you, did t

 


I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Re: customer satisfaction is not a priority of at&t

4 of 60 (571 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2010 9:37:57 PM
0
(0)
Guru

 


MrKroppcircles wrote:

Warranty does send different models in 2 different situations, 1. being multiple exchanges for the same device, or 2. if they do not have it in stock...

 


The OP specifically stated it was for out of stock.  "of course they didnt have any impressions so they sent me a LG vu plus... the guy told me that since they didnt have the impression, they sent me a phone with the same features..."  Warranty has never recently run out of stock of the Impression.  Either the OP was mistaken about the reason for the change, or this was not through warranty.

 

 


I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

 


MrKroppcircles wrote:

Warranty does send different models in 2 different situations, 1. being multiple exchanges for the same device, or 2. if they do not have it in stock...

 


The OP specifically stated it was for out of stock.  "of course they didnt have any impressions so they sent me a LG vu plus... the guy told me that since they didnt have the impression, they sent me a phone with the same features..."  Warranty has never recently run out of stock of the Impression.  Either the OP was mistaken about the reason for the change, or this was not through warranty.

 

Re: customer satisfaction is not a priority of at&t

5 of 60 (555 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2010 12:00:53 AM
0
(0)
Expert

 


erichamion wrote:

 


MrKroppcircles wrote:

     Warranty does send different models in 2 different situations, 1. being multiple exchanges for the same device, or 2. if they do not have it in stock...


    The OP specifically stated it was for out of stock.  "of course they didnt have any impressions so they sent me a LG vu plus... the guy told me that since they didnt have the impression, they sent me a phone with the same features..."  Warranty has never recently run out of stock of the Impression.  Either the OP was mistaken about the reason for the change, or this was not through warranty.


    Which would be verified with the next invoice printing, if it shows the insurance deductable or not. But that will be another rant if it does show up....... any guess's as to why........

 

 


erichamion wrote:

 


MrKroppcircles wrote:

     Warranty does send different models in 2 different situations, 1. being multiple exchanges for the same device, or 2. if they do not have it in stock...


    The OP specifically stated it was for out of stock.  "of course they didnt have any impressions so they sent me a LG vu plus... the guy told me that since they didnt have the impression, they sent me a phone with the same features..."  Warranty has never recently run out of stock of the Impression.  Either the OP was mistaken about the reason for the change, or this was not through warranty.


    Which would be verified with the next invoice printing, if it shows the insurance deductable or not. But that will be another rant if it does show up....... any guess's as to why........

 

Re: customer satisfaction is not a priority of at&t

6 of 60 (561 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2010 10:55:21 AM
0
(0)
Professor

erichamion wrote:

 


MrKroppcircles wrote:

Warranty does send different models in 2 different situations, 1. being multiple exchanges for the same device, or 2. if they do not have it in stock...

 


The OP specifically stated it was for out of stock.  "of course they didnt have any impressions so they sent me a LG vu plus... the guy told me that since they didnt have the impression, they sent me a phone with the same features..."  Warranty has never recently run out of stock of the Impression.  Either the OP was mistaken about the reason for the change, or this was not through warranty.

 


Do you work for XBM/WARRANTY?

 


I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

erichamion wrote:

 


MrKroppcircles wrote:

Warranty does send different models in 2 different situations, 1. being multiple exchanges for the same device, or 2. if they do not have it in stock...

 


The OP specifically stated it was for out of stock.  "of course they didnt have any impressions so they sent me a LG vu plus... the guy told me that since they didnt have the impression, they sent me a phone with the same features..."  Warranty has never recently run out of stock of the Impression.  Either the OP was mistaken about the reason for the change, or this was not through warranty.

 


Do you work for XBM/WARRANTY?

 


I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Re: customer satisfaction is not a priority of at&t

7 of 60 (542 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2010 12:42:33 PM
0
(0)
Guru

Yes.

 


I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

Yes.

Re: customer satisfaction is not a priority of at&t

8 of 60 (535 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2010 7:22:14 PM
0
(0)
Tutor

Been with ATT for ten years, was very happy until now , they want more and more money from their custumers, but they are in for a suprize, most people are switching over to Verizion , to get away from their so called smart phone, witch they want an extra $20.00 a month for, I have one , but, got it before they set this up to charge the custumers that are up for renewal the extra per month, CRAZY , aren't they, well they are not the only phone company around !!!!!!!!!

Been with ATT for ten years, was very happy until now , they want more and more money from their custumers, but they are in for a suprize, most people are switching over to Verizion , to get away from their so called smart phone, witch they want an extra $20.00 a month for, I have one , but, got it before they set this up to charge the custumers that are up for renewal the extra per month, CRAZY , aren't they, well they are not the only phone company around !!!!!!!!!

Re: customer satisfaction is not a priority of at&t

9 of 60 (526 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 10, 2010 6:31:13 AM
0
(0)
Guru

got hooked wrote:

Been with ATT for ten years, was very happy until now , they want more and more money from their custumers, but they are in for a suprize, most people are switching over to Verizion , to get away from their so called smart phone, witch they want an extra $20.00 a month for, I have one , but, got it before they set this up to charge the custumers that are up for renewal the extra per month, CRAZY , aren't they, well they are not the only phone company around !!!!!!!!!


Funny, because the statistics show that more people are moving TO smartphones, not away from them. And, in addition, Verizon requires the data package for smartphones as well, and required it LONG before AT&T made it a requirement. AT&T was actually the last of the major cell providers to require the data package.

 


As an AT&T employee, the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinion.

got hooked wrote:

Been with ATT for ten years, was very happy until now , they want more and more money from their custumers, but they are in for a suprize, most people are switching over to Verizion , to get away from their so called smart phone, witch they want an extra $20.00 a month for, I have one , but, got it before they set this up to charge the custumers that are up for renewal the extra per month, CRAZY , aren't they, well they are not the only phone company around !!!!!!!!!


Funny, because the statistics show that more people are moving TO smartphones, not away from them. And, in addition, Verizon requires the data package for smartphones as well, and required it LONG before AT&T made it a requirement. AT&T was actually the last of the major cell providers to require the data package.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

Re: customer satisfaction is not a priority of at&t

10 of 60 (515 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 10, 2010 10:10:19 AM
0
(0)
Master

Do you think you could just "opt out" of the data plan at Verizon?  As has been stated, ALL the major carriers now require data plans with their smartphones.  And the numbers prove you wrong...AT&T is #1 in attracting new customers, beating our Verizon as well as Sprint & T-Mobile.  Your grasp of the facts is tenuous, at best.

 

 


got hooked wrote:

Been with ATT for ten years, was very happy until now , they want more and more money from their custumers, but they are in for a suprize, most people are switching over to Verizion , to get away from their so called smart phone, witch they want an extra $20.00 a month for, I have one , but, got it before they set this up to charge the custumers that are up for renewal the extra per month, CRAZY , aren't they, well they are not the only phone company around !!!!!!!!!


 

Do you think you could just "opt out" of the data plan at Verizon?  As has been stated, ALL the major carriers now require data plans with their smartphones.  And the numbers prove you wrong...AT&T is #1 in attracting new customers, beating our Verizon as well as Sprint & T-Mobile.  Your grasp of the facts is tenuous, at best.

 

 


got hooked wrote:

Been with ATT for ten years, was very happy until now , they want more and more money from their custumers, but they are in for a suprize, most people are switching over to Verizion , to get away from their so called smart phone, witch they want an extra $20.00 a month for, I have one , but, got it before they set this up to charge the custumers that are up for renewal the extra per month, CRAZY , aren't they, well they are not the only phone company around !!!!!!!!!


 

Re: customer satisfaction is not a priority of at&t

11 of 60 (414 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 11, 2010 8:09:21 AM
0
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by hme83 on Dec 11, 2010 at 8:09:46 AM

MrKroppcircles wrote:

Warranty does send different models in 2 different situations, 1. being multiple exchanges for the same device, or 2. if they do not have it in stock...


It is definetly unfortunate that you recieved a phone that did not meet your expectations or standards, i  understand recieving a phone that is a downgrade compared to your original phone is never a fun situation to go through, however, getting a FREE device is better than paying for a replacement, also, i would ask to be transfered to the warranty department, maybe they will exchange you, did t


Considering that the manufacturer's warranty coverage is part of the original pricing for any piece of equipment, you are entitled to receive a replacement of at least equal quality and features during the warranty coverage period.  I don't consider the fact that the user doesn't have to pay for a lesser "replacement" device to be any justification for it whatsoever. Smiley Wink

 

Personally, I would recommend dealing directly with the manufacturer on warranty coverage issues - it's their warranty.  The manufacturer cares whether you continue to choose their devices or not; not at&t - they are just a middleman re: the equipment, and one where you are presumably already committed to using their product - the cellular service.

 

                                                                                                                         =^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

     - Doug Larson


MrKroppcircles wrote:

Warranty does send different models in 2 different situations, 1. being multiple exchanges for the same device, or 2. if they do not have it in stock...


It is definetly unfortunate that you recieved a phone that did not meet your expectations or standards, i  understand recieving a phone that is a downgrade compared to your original phone is never a fun situation to go through, however, getting a FREE device is better than paying for a replacement, also, i would ask to be transfered to the warranty department, maybe they will exchange you, did t


Considering that the manufacturer's warranty coverage is part of the original pricing for any piece of equipment, you are entitled to receive a replacement of at least equal quality and features during the warranty coverage period.  I don't consider the fact that the user doesn't have to pay for a lesser "replacement" device to be any justification for it whatsoever. Smiley Wink

 

Personally, I would recommend dealing directly with the manufacturer on warranty coverage issues - it's their warranty.  The manufacturer cares whether you continue to choose their devices or not; not at&t - they are just a middleman re: the equipment, and one where you are presumably already committed to using their product - the cellular service.

 

                                                                                                                         =^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

     - Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: customer satisfaction is not a priority of at&t

[ Edited ]
12 of 60 (403 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 24, 2010 12:09:07 PM
0
(0)
Professor

More often then not, the manufacturer will tell you to call the carrier, you can try tho, and i dont believe in recieving downgrades either, but it is what it is and if you are offered a similar device it is still better than paying for another phone.

 


I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

More often then not, the manufacturer will tell you to call the carrier, you can try tho, and i dont believe in recieving downgrades either, but it is what it is and if you are offered a similar device it is still better than paying for another phone.

 


I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Re: customer satisfaction is not a priority of at&t

13 of 60 (384 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 24, 2010 3:49:07 PM
0
(0)
Guru
Edited by aristizzle on Dec 24, 2010 at 3:50:07 PM

ROFL I was about to say, I have Verizon and the whole reason I don't have a smartphone with Verizon is because they told me the data plan was required. I made the decision that I don't want the smartphone because I dont want the extra monthly charge, so I'm not going to buy a smartphone, problem solved. No monthly charge for data. Move to Verizon if you'd like but your not alleviating the problem, your really just making it more difficult for yourself. AT&T isn't the only carrier that has smartphones, and AT&T isn't the only carrier that has a data plan requirement for them.

ROFL I was about to say, I have Verizon and the whole reason I don't have a smartphone with Verizon is because they told me the data plan was required. I made the decision that I don't want the smartphone because I dont want the extra monthly charge, so I'm not going to buy a smartphone, problem solved. No monthly charge for data. Move to Verizon if you'd like but your not alleviating the problem, your really just making it more difficult for yourself. AT&T isn't the only carrier that has smartphones, and AT&T isn't the only carrier that has a data plan requirement for them.

http://forums.att.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/5647i42265AB3AEBCB54D/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

Re: customer satisfaction is not a priority of at&t

[ Edited ]
14 of 60 (377 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 27, 2010 10:19:16 PM
0
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Shane Young on Dec 27, 2010 at 10:39:46 PM

"Consumer Reports, the influential product review publication, says AT&T Inc. is again the worst-rated cellular service provider in the U.S., a blow to the carrier's effort to rehabilitate its network and reputation."

"iPhone owners were, by far, the least satisfied with their carrier."

"The efforts didn't register with the readers Consumer Reports surveyed. AT&T got the lowest ranking on eight of nine measures of customer support, service and value." --Wallstreet Journal 

 

If at&t is number at attracting new customers, it won't be fro much longer.

BTW Virgin Mobile and Metro PCS = No Data Plan

Read more: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704156304576003423395003238.html#ixzz19NwvqZuG

Im sure AT&T is also #1 in loosing customers =)

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Do you think you could just "opt out" of the data plan at Verizon?  As has been stated, ALL the major carriers now require data plans with their smartphones.  And the numbers prove you wrong...AT&T is #1 in attracting new customers, beating our Verizon as well as Sprint & T-Mobile.  Your grasp of the facts is tenuous, at best.

____________________________________________________________________________________________



"Consumer Reports, the influential product review publication, says AT&T Inc. is again the worst-rated cellular service provider in the U.S., a blow to the carrier's effort to rehabilitate its network and reputation."

"iPhone owners were, by far, the least satisfied with their carrier."

"The efforts didn't register with the readers Consumer Reports surveyed. AT&T got the lowest ranking on eight of nine measures of customer support, service and value." --Wallstreet Journal 

 

If at&t is number at attracting new customers, it won't be fro much longer.

BTW Virgin Mobile and Metro PCS = No Data Plan

Read more: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704156304576003423395003238.html#ixzz19NwvqZuG

Im sure AT&T is also #1 in loosing customers =)

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Do you think you could just "opt out" of the data plan at Verizon?  As has been stated, ALL the major carriers now require data plans with their smartphones.  And the numbers prove you wrong...AT&T is #1 in attracting new customers, beating our Verizon as well as Sprint & T-Mobile.  Your grasp of the facts is tenuous, at best.

____________________________________________________________________________________________



Re: customer satisfaction is not a priority of at&t

[ Edited ]
15 of 60 (361 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 28, 2010 3:48:02 AM
0
(0)
Expert

Shane Young wrote:

"Consumer Reports, the influential product review publication, says AT&T Inc. is again the worst-rated cellular service provider in the U.S., a blow to the carrier's effort to rehabilitate its network and reputation."

"iPhone owners were, by far, the least satisfied with their carrier."

"The efforts didn't register with the readers Consumer Reports surveyed. AT&T got the lowest ranking on eight of nine measures of customer support, service and value." --Wallstreet Journal 

 

If at&t is number at attracting new customers, it won't be fro much longer.

BTW Virgin Mobile and Metro PCS = No Data Plan

Read more: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704156304576003423395003238.html#ixzz19NwvqZuG

Im sure AT&T is also #1 in loosing customers =)

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Do you think you could just "opt out" of the data plan at Verizon?  As has been stated, ALL the major carriers now require data plans with their smartphones.  And the numbers prove you wrong...AT&T is #1 in attracting new customers, beating our Verizon as well as Sprint & T-Mobile.  Your grasp of the facts is tenuous, at best.

____________________________________________________________________________________________




/rofl the report from cr rag mentioned again. Trust those about as much as you can trust the "unbiased" reports from the BBB - if you don;t understand the comment, do some research on them

 

As far as "#1 in losing customers" you may be sure you are wrong, try reviewing the quarterly and yearly statements - their churn rate is fairly low as compared to the industry.


Shane Young wrote:

"Consumer Reports, the influential product review publication, says AT&T Inc. is again the worst-rated cellular service provider in the U.S., a blow to the carrier's effort to rehabilitate its network and reputation."

"iPhone owners were, by far, the least satisfied with their carrier."

"The efforts didn't register with the readers Consumer Reports surveyed. AT&T got the lowest ranking on eight of nine measures of customer support, service and value." --Wallstreet Journal 

 

If at&t is number at attracting new customers, it won't be fro much longer.

BTW Virgin Mobile and Metro PCS = No Data Plan

Read more: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704156304576003423395003238.html#ixzz19NwvqZuG

Im sure AT&T is also #1 in loosing customers =)

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Do you think you could just "opt out" of the data plan at Verizon?  As has been stated, ALL the major carriers now require data plans with their smartphones.  And the numbers prove you wrong...AT&T is #1 in attracting new customers, beating our Verizon as well as Sprint & T-Mobile.  Your grasp of the facts is tenuous, at best.

____________________________________________________________________________________________




/rofl the report from cr rag mentioned again. Trust those about as much as you can trust the "unbiased" reports from the BBB - if you don;t understand the comment, do some research on them

 

As far as "#1 in losing customers" you may be sure you are wrong, try reviewing the quarterly and yearly statements - their churn rate is fairly low as compared to the industry.

Re: customer satisfaction is not a priority of at&t

16 of 60 (344 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 28, 2010 7:45:43 AM
0
(0)
Professor

Shane Young wrote:

"Consumer Reports, the influential product review publication, says AT&T Inc. is again the worst-rated cellular service provider in the U.S., a blow to the carrier's effort to rehabilitate its network and reputation."

"iPhone owners were, by far, the least satisfied with their carrier."

"The efforts didn't register with the readers Consumer Reports surveyed. AT&T got the lowest ranking on eight of nine measures of customer support, service and value." --Wallstreet Journal 

 

If at&t is number at attracting new customers, it won't be fro much longer.

BTW Virgin Mobile and Metro PCS = No Data Plan

Read more: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704156304576003423395003238.html#ixzz19NwvqZuG

Im sure AT&T is also #1 in loosing customers =)


Don't flame the AT&T fanboys. LOL. They think AT&T is the perfect company and people are just biased, just like Apple fanboys think the iPhone is a gift from God. LOL.


Shane Young wrote:

"Consumer Reports, the influential product review publication, says AT&T Inc. is again the worst-rated cellular service provider in the U.S., a blow to the carrier's effort to rehabilitate its network and reputation."

"iPhone owners were, by far, the least satisfied with their carrier."

"The efforts didn't register with the readers Consumer Reports surveyed. AT&T got the lowest ranking on eight of nine measures of customer support, service and value." --Wallstreet Journal 

 

If at&t is number at attracting new customers, it won't be fro much longer.

BTW Virgin Mobile and Metro PCS = No Data Plan

Read more: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704156304576003423395003238.html#ixzz19NwvqZuG

Im sure AT&T is also #1 in loosing customers =)


Don't flame the AT&T fanboys. LOL. They think AT&T is the perfect company and people are just biased, just like Apple fanboys think the iPhone is a gift from God. LOL.

Re: customer satisfaction is not a priority of at&t

17 of 60 (335 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 28, 2010 7:58:43 AM
0
(0)
ACE - Master
Well-stated, wingrider01. As much as I like Consumer Reports magazine, I always feel like they cut down even the most successful companies in the U.S. I think that their tests are inactivate for cell phone tests. Different devices get different signal strengths, even if they're on the same carrier.

In order for their tests to be completely accurate, they should be in the same area with same-branded devices. (Example; all HTC's). That's the way I think their tests would be completely true, and stop pointing fingers at successful companies.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy



Well-stated, wingrider01. As much as I like Consumer Reports magazine, I always feel like they cut down even the most successful companies in the U.S. I think that their tests are inactivate for cell phone tests. Different devices get different signal strengths, even if they're on the same carrier.

In order for their tests to be completely accurate, they should be in the same area with same-branded devices. (Example; all HTC's). That's the way I think their tests would be completely true, and stop pointing fingers at successful companies.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:



Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: customer satisfaction is not a priority of at&t

18 of 60 (336 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 28, 2010 8:09:08 AM
0
(0)
Professor

Wild Banchi wrote:
Well-stated, wingrider01. As much as I like Consumer Reports magazine, I always feel like they cut down even the most successful companies in the U.S. I think that their tests are inactivate for cell phone tests. Different devices get different signal strengths, even if they're on the same carrier.

In order for their tests to be completely accurate, they should be in the same area with same-branded devices. (Example; all HTC's). That's the way I think their tests would be completely true, and stop pointing fingers at successful companies.

This is because even the most successful companies in the world can make a faulty product and/or provide poor service. What you state about the different devices on the same carrier applies to Verizon and the other carriers as well. So why doesn't Verizon come out at the bottom of these surveys like AT&T consistently does?


Wild Banchi wrote:
Well-stated, wingrider01. As much as I like Consumer Reports magazine, I always feel like they cut down even the most successful companies in the U.S. I think that their tests are inactivate for cell phone tests. Different devices get different signal strengths, even if they're on the same carrier.

In order for their tests to be completely accurate, they should be in the same area with same-branded devices. (Example; all HTC's). That's the way I think their tests would be completely true, and stop pointing fingers at successful companies.

This is because even the most successful companies in the world can make a faulty product and/or provide poor service. What you state about the different devices on the same carrier applies to Verizon and the other carriers as well. So why doesn't Verizon come out at the bottom of these surveys like AT&T consistently does?

Re: customer satisfaction is not a priority of at&t

19 of 60 (333 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 28, 2010 12:20:52 PM
0
(0)
Tutor

hahahaha your right at&t fanboys too funny, because cr and the hundreds of people they surveyed  must be wrong. 

hahahaha your right at&t fanboys too funny, because cr and the hundreds of people they surveyed  must be wrong. 

Re: customer satisfaction is not a priority of at&t

20 of 60 (328 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 28, 2010 12:53:18 PM
0
(0)
ACE - Master
By "fanboy", I hope you're not referring to me. I don't like AT&T any more especially than you do.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy



By "fanboy", I hope you're not referring to me. I don't like AT&T any more especially than you do.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:



Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: customer satisfaction is not a priority of at&t

21 of 60 (413 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 28, 2010 8:53:56 PM
0
(0)
Tutor

no not you was talking to wingrider lol, got his undies all bunched up because Consumer Reports for some crazy reason is 'out to get at&t' and un-fairly ranked them last in everything from customer service to actual phone service. 

no not you was talking to wingrider lol, got his undies all bunched up because Consumer Reports for some crazy reason is 'out to get at&t' and un-fairly ranked them last in everything from customer service to actual phone service. 

Re: customer satisfaction is not a priority of at&t

22 of 60 (392 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 29, 2010 5:39:31 AM
0
(0)
Expert

Shane Young wrote:

no not you was talking to wingrider lol, got his undies all bunched up because Consumer Reports for some crazy reason is 'out to get at&t' and un-fairly ranked them last in everything from customer service to actual phone service. 


figures, someone disagrees with a "out to get at&T" survey becasue of the total lack of credibility of the survey - you did take the time to research how this "survey" was conducted did you not, or did you play follow the leader and just believe it because it was done by the infamous Consumer reports - and we all know just how accurate their reports are - evidence in the great car seat debacle by them around 2007. I believe this "report" was the results of 50,000 people surveyed - no matter what company they belonged to, ATT in self has millions of subscribers in just the wireless section of their business, so you are betting the farm on the reports of less then 1 as a guesstimate) percent of the total number of subscribers without know what percentage of those repressing actually where ATT subscribers. Man have I got a nice piece of beach front property in Arizona that I would love to sell you.

 

Sorry, but unlike numerous people I am skeptical of ANY poorly designed survey, as the infamous consumer reports one is. Again unlike a lot of reponders here I prefer going by personal experience over the years I have dealt with companies. Have personally been a customer of ATT in any of it's previous entities back to the first baby bell, which in my area was SBC, been dealing with them in with cell phones since the first phone drew dial tone, had to be mounted in the car and transmitted at 5 Watts, which probably puts it longer then you have been around.

 

 Have dealt with the business section cell phone division of Verizon, ATT, and Sprint since I started my company more years ago then I want to contemplate. Have had mixed response as far as customer service on all 3 of them. I don't count dropped calls because I don't believe the marketing hype of "coverage maps" I issue cell phones to my employee's depending on what their home location is and where they travel. It is not unusual for a employee to carry two corporate supplied phones. In addition we have very strict policies regarding cell phones - hack it and you are fired, no discussion.

 

Bottom line - don't make assumptions based on your personal opinion - 99.999999 (6-sigma) they are completely and totally wrong 


Shane Young wrote:

no not you was talking to wingrider lol, got his undies all bunched up because Consumer Reports for some crazy reason is 'out to get at&t' and un-fairly ranked them last in everything from customer service to actual phone service. 


figures, someone disagrees with a "out to get at&T" survey becasue of the total lack of credibility of the survey - you did take the time to research how this "survey" was conducted did you not, or did you play follow the leader and just believe it because it was done by the infamous Consumer reports - and we all know just how accurate their reports are - evidence in the great car seat debacle by them around 2007. I believe this "report" was the results of 50,000 people surveyed - no matter what company they belonged to, ATT in self has millions of subscribers in just the wireless section of their business, so you are betting the farm on the reports of less then 1 as a guesstimate) percent of the total number of subscribers without know what percentage of those repressing actually where ATT subscribers. Man have I got a nice piece of beach front property in Arizona that I would love to sell you.

 

Sorry, but unlike numerous people I am skeptical of ANY poorly designed survey, as the infamous consumer reports one is. Again unlike a lot of reponders here I prefer going by personal experience over the years I have dealt with companies. Have personally been a customer of ATT in any of it's previous entities back to the first baby bell, which in my area was SBC, been dealing with them in with cell phones since the first phone drew dial tone, had to be mounted in the car and transmitted at 5 Watts, which probably puts it longer then you have been around.

 

 Have dealt with the business section cell phone division of Verizon, ATT, and Sprint since I started my company more years ago then I want to contemplate. Have had mixed response as far as customer service on all 3 of them. I don't count dropped calls because I don't believe the marketing hype of "coverage maps" I issue cell phones to my employee's depending on what their home location is and where they travel. It is not unusual for a employee to carry two corporate supplied phones. In addition we have very strict policies regarding cell phones - hack it and you are fired, no discussion.

 

Bottom line - don't make assumptions based on your personal opinion - 99.999999 (6-sigma) they are completely and totally wrong 

Re: customer satisfaction is not a priority of at&t

23 of 60 (384 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 29, 2010 12:17:50 PM
0
(0)
Professor

Whats funny is that CR states they surveyed 58000 CR {READERS} not 58000 ATT CUSTOMERS, now if it was 58000 ATT CUSTOMERS, (FORMER OR CURRENT) which it isn't, that would still only total about 7-8% of the customers, so ranking low still wouldn't mean much unless it was a higher amount of customers took the survey...how do the other 92-93% of the customers feel about the service (if it was all att customers)?

 

 Yes AT&T has poor reports, YES there has been huge issues wether is coverage in some areas, data plans for customers, no free iphones (really get over yourself), or "poor" customer service (more often than not its following policies). Other companies have the same complaints, BUT you hear more of it because MORE people want the iphone. Go read the VERIZON/TMOBILE/SPRINT forums, there are just as many complaints about service (coverage/price/customer service) as you will find here...

 

NO CELL PHONE COMPANY IS PERFECT, no cell phone company can provided 100% coverage 100% of the time in 100% of the areas, not possible, and if the service doesn't work for you cancel it, You have 30 days to cancel it, or if you had the service and then it got worse over time, dont upgrade to another phone thinking thats going to fix it, call to troubleshoot, if it doesn't get fixed cancel, too often is it posted that "I UPGRADED TO FIX THE ISSUE BUT NOW IM STUCK WITH THE CONTRACT THAT ATT FORCED ME INTO", no you had a choice, you chose to upgrade... you know really its moot point to talk about it, ATT got the RANK CR decided to give it and thats were it stands, if you believe it then fine, go somewhere else for your service, but honestly be logical about it, take it with a grain of salt....

 

 

^^APPLE AND ATT FANBOY^^

 


I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Whats funny is that CR states they surveyed 58000 CR {READERS} not 58000 ATT CUSTOMERS, now if it was 58000 ATT CUSTOMERS, (FORMER OR CURRENT) which it isn't, that would still only total about 7-8% of the customers, so ranking low still wouldn't mean much unless it was a higher amount of customers took the survey...how do the other 92-93% of the customers feel about the service (if it was all att customers)?

 

 Yes AT&T has poor reports, YES there has been huge issues wether is coverage in some areas, data plans for customers, no free iphones (really get over yourself), or "poor" customer service (more often than not its following policies). Other companies have the same complaints, BUT you hear more of it because MORE people want the iphone. Go read the VERIZON/TMOBILE/SPRINT forums, there are just as many complaints about service (coverage/price/customer service) as you will find here...

 

NO CELL PHONE COMPANY IS PERFECT, no cell phone company can provided 100% coverage 100% of the time in 100% of the areas, not possible, and if the service doesn't work for you cancel it, You have 30 days to cancel it, or if you had the service and then it got worse over time, dont upgrade to another phone thinking thats going to fix it, call to troubleshoot, if it doesn't get fixed cancel, too often is it posted that "I UPGRADED TO FIX THE ISSUE BUT NOW IM STUCK WITH THE CONTRACT THAT ATT FORCED ME INTO", no you had a choice, you chose to upgrade... you know really its moot point to talk about it, ATT got the RANK CR decided to give it and thats were it stands, if you believe it then fine, go somewhere else for your service, but honestly be logical about it, take it with a grain of salt....

 

 

^^APPLE AND ATT FANBOY^^

 


I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Re: customer satisfaction is not a priority of at&t

24 of 60 (369 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 29, 2010 3:12:38 PM
0
(0)
Guru

^-^ FANBOYS FTW! Smiley Tongue

 

When I speak with customers that want to cancel and they bring up switching to Verizon, I kinda chuckle to myself, they make Verizon seem like the best company to be at, but the funny part is... I have Verizon rofl. Verizon has the same problems with dropped calls, they also have a required data package for smartphones, and their family plans are slightly more expensive then AT&T's plans. Doesn't sound better to me IMO. The only reason I have Verizon is because my family has it, and the unlimited mobile to mobile feature is what I was looking for mainly, to keep in contact with them. Don't believe everything you read in the magazines, haven't we all learned this already? I'd rather do my own research then believe someone Magazines research who has no credibility for their surveys whatsoever in the first place.

^-^ FANBOYS FTW! Smiley Tongue

 

When I speak with customers that want to cancel and they bring up switching to Verizon, I kinda chuckle to myself, they make Verizon seem like the best company to be at, but the funny part is... I have Verizon rofl. Verizon has the same problems with dropped calls, they also have a required data package for smartphones, and their family plans are slightly more expensive then AT&T's plans. Doesn't sound better to me IMO. The only reason I have Verizon is because my family has it, and the unlimited mobile to mobile feature is what I was looking for mainly, to keep in contact with them. Don't believe everything you read in the magazines, haven't we all learned this already? I'd rather do my own research then believe someone Magazines research who has no credibility for their surveys whatsoever in the first place.

http://forums.att.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/5647i42265AB3AEBCB54D/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

Re: customer satisfaction is not a priority of at&t

25 of 60 (362 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 29, 2010 4:46:37 PM
0
(0)
ACE - Master
I would quote, but I can't with this iPT.

Anyway, aristizzle, you have to give SOME credit to the authors of Consumer Reports/other research magazines. I'm sure they don't just throw out random numbers and words, they test and then analyze their data to put it in the final product state - the final copy of the magazine.

While I'm losing respect for CS (are always recommending foreign-based companies) I still pick up a copy when I can.

No "Ruling the Air" for me right now.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy



I would quote, but I can't with this iPT.

Anyway, aristizzle, you have to give SOME credit to the authors of Consumer Reports/other research magazines. I'm sure they don't just throw out random numbers and words, they test and then analyze their data to put it in the final product state - the final copy of the magazine.

While I'm losing respect for CS (are always recommending foreign-based companies) I still pick up a copy when I can.

No "Ruling the Air" for me right now.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:



Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: customer satisfaction is not a priority of at&t

26 of 60 (358 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 29, 2010 7:23:07 PM
0
(0)
Professor

aristizzle wrote:

^-^ FANBOYS FTW! Smiley Tongue

 

When I speak with customers that want to cancel and they bring up switching to Verizon, I kinda chuckle to myself, they make Verizon seem like the best company to be at, but the funny part is... I have Verizon rofl. Verizon has the same problems with dropped calls, they also have a required data package for smartphones, and their family plans are slightly more expensive then AT&T's plans. Doesn't sound better to me IMO. The only reason I have Verizon is because my family has it, and the unlimited mobile to mobile feature is what I was looking for mainly, to keep in contact with them. Don't believe everything you read in the magazines, haven't we all learned this already? I'd rather do my own research then believe someone Magazines research who has no credibility for their surveys whatsoever in the first place.


Same problems? AT&T has problems? I thought CR made those up. LOL.


aristizzle wrote:

^-^ FANBOYS FTW! Smiley Tongue

 

When I speak with customers that want to cancel and they bring up switching to Verizon, I kinda chuckle to myself, they make Verizon seem like the best company to be at, but the funny part is... I have Verizon rofl. Verizon has the same problems with dropped calls, they also have a required data package for smartphones, and their family plans are slightly more expensive then AT&T's plans. Doesn't sound better to me IMO. The only reason I have Verizon is because my family has it, and the unlimited mobile to mobile feature is what I was looking for mainly, to keep in contact with them. Don't believe everything you read in the magazines, haven't we all learned this already? I'd rather do my own research then believe someone Magazines research who has no credibility for their surveys whatsoever in the first place.


Same problems? AT&T has problems? I thought CR made those up. LOL.

Re: customer satisfaction is not a priority of at&t

27 of 60 (350 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 29, 2010 7:41:07 PM
0
(0)
Professor

wingrider01 wrote:

Shane Young wrote:

no not you was talking to wingrider lol, got his undies all bunched up because Consumer Reports for some crazy reason is 'out to get at&t' and un-fairly ranked them last in everything from customer service to actual phone service. 


figures, someone disagrees with a "out to get at&T" survey becasue of the total lack of credibility of the survey - you did take the time to research how this "survey" was conducted did you not, or did you play follow the leader and just believe it because it was done by the infamous Consumer reports - and we all know just how accurate their reports are - evidence in the great car seat debacle by them around 2007. I believe this "report" was the results of 50,000 people surveyed - no matter what company they belonged to, ATT in self has millions of subscribers in just the wireless section of their business, so you are betting the farm on the reports of less then 1 as a guesstimate) percent of the total number of subscribers without know what percentage of those repressing actually where ATT subscribers. Man have I got a nice piece of beach front property in Arizona that I would love to sell you.

 

Sorry, but unlike numerous people I am skeptical of ANY poorly designed survey, as the infamous consumer reports one is. Again unlike a lot of reponders here I prefer going by personal experience over the years I have dealt with companies. Have personally been a customer of ATT in any of it's previous entities back to the first baby bell, which in my area was SBC, been dealing with them in with cell phones since the first phone drew dial tone, had to be mounted in the car and transmitted at 5 Watts, which probably puts it longer then you have been around.

 

 Have dealt with the business section cell phone division of Verizon, ATT, and Sprint since I started my company more years ago then I want to contemplate. Have had mixed response as far as customer service on all 3 of them. I don't count dropped calls because I don't believe the marketing hype of "coverage maps" I issue cell phones to my employee's depending on what their home location is and where they travel. It is not unusual for a employee to carry two corporate supplied phones. In addition we have very strict policies regarding cell phones - hack it and you are fired, no discussion.

 

Bottom line - don't make assumptions based on your personal opinion - 99.999999 (6-sigma) they are completely and totally wrong 


Isn't this the pot calling the kettle black. At least CS surveyed 50,000. You have how many more coworkers and friends? LOL. What service level entities of AT&T provided many years ago really has squat to do with what AT&T offers today. And not counting dropped calls sure is convenient. I consider dropped calls as part of the service, the bad part. LOL.


wingrider01 wrote:

Shane Young wrote:

no not you was talking to wingrider lol, got his undies all bunched up because Consumer Reports for some crazy reason is 'out to get at&t' and un-fairly ranked them last in everything from customer service to actual phone service. 


figures, someone disagrees with a "out to get at&T" survey becasue of the total lack of credibility of the survey - you did take the time to research how this "survey" was conducted did you not, or did you play follow the leader and just believe it because it was done by the infamous Consumer reports - and we all know just how accurate their reports are - evidence in the great car seat debacle by them around 2007. I believe this "report" was the results of 50,000 people surveyed - no matter what company they belonged to, ATT in self has millions of subscribers in just the wireless section of their business, so you are betting the farm on the reports of less then 1 as a guesstimate) percent of the total number of subscribers without know what percentage of those repressing actually where ATT subscribers. Man have I got a nice piece of beach front property in Arizona that I would love to sell you.

 

Sorry, but unlike numerous people I am skeptical of ANY poorly designed survey, as the infamous consumer reports one is. Again unlike a lot of reponders here I prefer going by personal experience over the years I have dealt with companies. Have personally been a customer of ATT in any of it's previous entities back to the first baby bell, which in my area was SBC, been dealing with them in with cell phones since the first phone drew dial tone, had to be mounted in the car and transmitted at 5 Watts, which probably puts it longer then you have been around.

 

 Have dealt with the business section cell phone division of Verizon, ATT, and Sprint since I started my company more years ago then I want to contemplate. Have had mixed response as far as customer service on all 3 of them. I don't count dropped calls because I don't believe the marketing hype of "coverage maps" I issue cell phones to my employee's depending on what their home location is and where they travel. It is not unusual for a employee to carry two corporate supplied phones. In addition we have very strict policies regarding cell phones - hack it and you are fired, no discussion.

 

Bottom line - don't make assumptions based on your personal opinion - 99.999999 (6-sigma) they are completely and totally wrong 


Isn't this the pot calling the kettle black. At least CS surveyed 50,000. You have how many more coworkers and friends? LOL. What service level entities of AT&T provided many years ago really has squat to do with what AT&T offers today. And not counting dropped calls sure is convenient. I consider dropped calls as part of the service, the bad part. LOL.

Re: customer satisfaction is not a priority of at&t

28 of 60 (347 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 29, 2010 7:51:30 PM
0
(0)
Professor

MrKroppcircles wrote:

Whats funny is that CR states they surveyed 58000 CR {READERS} not 58000 ATT CUSTOMERS, now if it was 58000 ATT CUSTOMERS, (FORMER OR CURRENT) which it isn't, that would still only total about 7-8% of the customers, so ranking low still wouldn't mean much unless it was a higher amount of customers took the survey...how do the other 92-93% of the customers feel about the service (if it was all att customers)?

 

 Yes AT&T has poor reports, YES there has been huge issues wether is coverage in some areas, data plans for customers, no free iphones (really get over yourself), or "poor" customer service (more often than not its following policies). Other companies have the same complaints, BUT you hear more of it because MORE people want the iphone. Go read the VERIZON/TMOBILE/SPRINT forums, there are just as many complaints about service (coverage/price/customer service) as you will find here...

 

NO CELL PHONE COMPANY IS PERFECT, no cell phone company can provided 100% coverage 100% of the time in 100% of the areas, not possible, and if the service doesn't work for you cancel it, You have 30 days to cancel it, or if you had the service and then it got worse over time, dont upgrade to another phone thinking thats going to fix it, call to troubleshoot, if it doesn't get fixed cancel, too often is it posted that "I UPGRADED TO FIX THE ISSUE BUT NOW IM STUCK WITH THE CONTRACT THAT ATT FORCED ME INTO", no you had a choice, you chose to upgrade... you know really its moot point to talk about it, ATT got the RANK CR decided to give it and thats were it stands, if you believe it then fine, go somewhere else for your service, but honestly be logical about it, take it with a grain of salt....

 

 

^^APPLE AND ATT FANBOY^^


Great, another CR is out to get AT&T conspiracy theorist. CR didn't give it those rankings, the people did. Probably because of dropped calls, slow network upgrades, slow to provide device updates, many customer reps that are clueless.....You call customer service three times and get three different answers. True that these type of issues are evident with all the carriers. AT&T is just a little worse than the others. That's all this survey points out, just like all the others in recent times.


MrKroppcircles wrote:

Whats funny is that CR states they surveyed 58000 CR {READERS} not 58000 ATT CUSTOMERS, now if it was 58000 ATT CUSTOMERS, (FORMER OR CURRENT) which it isn't, that would still only total about 7-8% of the customers, so ranking low still wouldn't mean much unless it was a higher amount of customers took the survey...how do the other 92-93% of the customers feel about the service (if it was all att customers)?

 

 Yes AT&T has poor reports, YES there has been huge issues wether is coverage in some areas, data plans for customers, no free iphones (really get over yourself), or "poor" customer service (more often than not its following policies). Other companies have the same complaints, BUT you hear more of it because MORE people want the iphone. Go read the VERIZON/TMOBILE/SPRINT forums, there are just as many complaints about service (coverage/price/customer service) as you will find here...

 

NO CELL PHONE COMPANY IS PERFECT, no cell phone company can provided 100% coverage 100% of the time in 100% of the areas, not possible, and if the service doesn't work for you cancel it, You have 30 days to cancel it, or if you had the service and then it got worse over time, dont upgrade to another phone thinking thats going to fix it, call to troubleshoot, if it doesn't get fixed cancel, too often is it posted that "I UPGRADED TO FIX THE ISSUE BUT NOW IM STUCK WITH THE CONTRACT THAT ATT FORCED ME INTO", no you had a choice, you chose to upgrade... you know really its moot point to talk about it, ATT got the RANK CR decided to give it and thats were it stands, if you believe it then fine, go somewhere else for your service, but honestly be logical about it, take it with a grain of salt....

 

 

^^APPLE AND ATT FANBOY^^


Great, another CR is out to get AT&T conspiracy theorist. CR didn't give it those rankings, the people did. Probably because of dropped calls, slow network upgrades, slow to provide device updates, many customer reps that are clueless.....You call customer service three times and get three different answers. True that these type of issues are evident with all the carriers. AT&T is just a little worse than the others. That's all this survey points out, just like all the others in recent times.

Re: customer satisfaction is not a priority of at&t

29 of 60 (347 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 29, 2010 7:54:32 PM
0
(0)
Professor

Wild Banchi wrote:
I would quote, but I can't with this iPT.

Anyway, aristizzle, you have to give SOME credit to the authors of Consumer Reports/other research magazines. I'm sure they don't just throw out random numbers and words, they test and then analyze their data to put it in the final product state - the final copy of the magazine.

While I'm losing respect for CS (are always recommending foreign-based companies) I still pick up a copy when I can.

No "Ruling the Air" for me right now.

If a foreign based company makes a superior product to an American based company, I wouldn't hesitate on recommending it. I work hard for my money and would want to get my moneys worth.


Wild Banchi wrote:
I would quote, but I can't with this iPT.

Anyway, aristizzle, you have to give SOME credit to the authors of Consumer Reports/other research magazines. I'm sure they don't just throw out random numbers and words, they test and then analyze their data to put it in the final product state - the final copy of the magazine.

While I'm losing respect for CS (are always recommending foreign-based companies) I still pick up a copy when I can.

No "Ruling the Air" for me right now.

If a foreign based company makes a superior product to an American based company, I wouldn't hesitate on recommending it. I work hard for my money and would want to get my moneys worth.

Re: customer satisfaction is not a priority of at&t

30 of 60 (347 Views)
Share this post
Share this post