Helpful Links

customer satisfaction is not a priority of at&t

Contributor

customer satisfaction is not a priority of at&t

my samsung impression started messing up week before last so i called and got a replacement.  of course they didnt have any impressions so they sent me a LG vu plus (i think thats the name of this piece of crap). anyway i actually tried to get used to the phone and work with it before i got totally frustrated with it. so i called them back last week and told them i wasnt satisfied with the phone. the guy told me that since they didnt have the impression, they sent me a phone with the same features such as the sliding keyboard and touch screen. i told the guy that the phone may "look" similar to the impression but its nothing like it internally...its too light, the screen is smaller, the touch screen sucks and there is no calibration for it, the internet is uber slow amongst other things. i asked him was there somthing that they could do such as send me a better phone. he said no. i asked him "so u all dont care if this phone is nothing like my old one...u just pick a phone because it slides and i have to be satisfied with it?" he said some hooplah about sumthing...i dont remember because i was highly upset (they made me change the word that was originaly here. u know wat it was.)  they they wouldnt take this phone back. what i got from the conversation was [u are stuck with that piece of crap phone wether u like it or not]

this is rediculous. they basically forced me to downgrade my phone. i hate this phone more than anyone could imagine. and they dont care. so when this contract is up i will not b renewing it...i think cricket treats their customers better. if not them i will surely find another carrier. i have been with at&t over 5 years and my bill has never been less than $100 and they do it like this???? ok...thats fine.....peace out at&t Smiley Mad

Message 1 of 60
Highlighted
Expert

Re: customer satisfaction is not a priority of at&t

So they forced you to take the replacement Vu Plus LG GR700 phone, I doubt that, they gave you the option and you took it, unfortunately it turned out it did not meet your requirements, The thing I would like to know is why did you take instead of going through the maker of the phone as per the owners manual for a replacement of the phone as per the owners manual on page 3 LINK.

LIMITED WARRANTY STATEMENT

WHAT THIS WARRANTY COVERS: LG offers you a limited warranty that the enclosed subscriber unit and its enclosed accessories will be free from defects in material and workmanship, according to the following terms and conditions:

1. The limited warranty for the product extends for TWELVE (12) MONTHS beginning on the date of purchase of the product with valid proof of purchase, or absent valid proof of purchase, FIFTEEN (15) MONTHS from date of manufacture as determined by the unit’s manufacture date code.
  2. The limited warranty extends only to the original purchaser of the product and is not assignable or transferable to any subsequent purchaser/end user.
  3. This warranty is good only to the original purchaser of the product during the warranty period as long as it is in the U.S, including Alaska, Hawaii, U.S. Territories and Canada.
  4. The external housing and cosmetic parts shall be free of defects at the time of shipment and, therefore, shall not be covered under these limited warranty terms.
  5. Upon request from LG, the consumer must provide information to reasonably prove the date of purchase.
  6. The customer shall bear the cost of shipping the product to the Customer Service Department of LG. LG shall bear the cost of shipping the product back to the consumer after the completion of service under this limited warranty.

WHAT THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:

1. Defects or damages resulting from use of the product in other than its normal and customary manner.
  2. Defects or damages from abnormal use, abnormal conditions, improper storage, exposure to moisture or dampness, unauthorized modifications, unauthorized connections, unauthorized repair, misuse, neglect, abuse, accident, alteration, improper installation, or other acts which are not the fault of LG, including damage caused by shipping, blown fuses, spills of food or liquid.
  3. Breakage or damage to antennas unless caused directly by defects in material or workmanship.
  4. That the Customer Service Department at LG was not notified by consumer of the alleged defect or malfunction of the product during the applicable limited warranty period.
  5. Products which have had the serial number removed or made illegible.
  6. This limited warranty is in lieu of all other warranties, express or implied either in fact or by operations of law, statutory or otherwise, including, but not limited to any implied warranty of marketability or fitness for a particular use.
  7. Damage resulting from use of non-LG approved accessories.
  8. All plastic surfaces and all other externally exposed parts that are scratched
  9. Products operated outside published maximum ratings.
  10. Products used or obtained in a rental program.
  11. Consumables (such as fuses).

WHAT LG WILL DO:

LG will, at its sole option, either repair, replace or refund the purchase price of any unit that does not conform to this limited warranty. LG may choose at its option to use functionally equivalent reconditioned, refurbished or new units or parts or any units. In addition, LG will not re-install or back-up any data, applications or software that you have added to your phone. It is therefore recommended that you back-up any such data or information prior to sending the unit to LG to avoid the permanent loss of such information.
STATE LAW RIGHTS:

No other express warranty is applicable to this product. THE DURATION OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MARKETABILITY, IS LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THE EXPRESS WARRANTY HEREIN. LG INFOCOMM INC. SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE LOSS OF THE USE OF THE PRODUCT, INCONVENIENCE, LOSS OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, DIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THIS PRODUCT OR FOR ANY BREACH OF ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MARKETABILITY APPLICABLE TO THIS PRODUCT.
Some states do not allow the exclusive of limitation of incidental or consequential damages or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts; so these limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.

HOW TO GET WARRANTY SERVICE:
     To obtain warranty service, please call or fax to the following telephone numbers from anywhere in the continental United States: Tel. 1-800-793-8896 or Fax. 1-800-448-4026 Or visit www.lgeservice.com. Correspondence may also be mailed to: LG Electronics MobileComm U.S.A., Inc. 201 James Record Road Huntsville, AL 35824 DO NOT RETURN YOUR PRODUCT TO THE ABOVE ADDRESS. Please call or write for the location of the LG authorized service center nearest you and for the procedures for obtaining warranty claims.

Message 2 of 60

If the model was changed due to the phone being out of stock, I highly doubt that this was from warranty.  To my knowledge, warranty has never yet run out of the Impression.  This would have been through insurance, which is Asurion and not AT&T.

Still, if warranty were changing from the Impression to something else for some reason, the Vu Plus and (despite the lack of hardware keypad) Solstice would be the closest equivalents available.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 60
Professor

Warranty does send different models in 2 different situations, 1. being multiple exchanges for the same device, or 2. if they do not have it in stock...

It is definetly unfortunate that you recieved a phone that did not meet your expectations or standards, i  understand recieving a phone that is a downgrade compared to your original phone is never a fun situation to go through, however, getting a FREE device is better than paying for a replacement, also, i would ask to be transfered to the warranty department, maybe they will exchange you, did t

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 60

MrKroppcircles wrote:

Warranty does send different models in 2 different situations, 1. being multiple exchanges for the same device, or 2. if they do not have it in stock...

The OP specifically stated it was for out of stock.  "of course they didnt have any impressions so they sent me a LG vu plus... the guy told me that since they didnt have the impression, they sent me a phone with the same features..."  Warranty has never recently run out of stock of the Impression.  Either the OP was mistaken about the reason for the change, or this was not through warranty.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 60
Expert

erichamion wrote:

MrKroppcircles wrote:

The OP specifically stated it was for out of stock.  "of course they didnt have any impressions so they sent me a LG vu plus... the guy told me that since they didnt have the impression, they sent me a phone with the same features..."  Warranty has never recently run out of stock of the Impression.  Either the OP was mistaken about the reason for the change, or this was not through warranty.

Which would be verified with the next invoice printing, if it shows the insurance deductable or not. But that will be another rant if it does show up....... any guess's as to why........

Message 6 of 60
Professor

erichamion wrote:

MrKroppcircles wrote:

Do you work for XBM/WARRANTY?

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 60

Yes.

Message 8 of 60

Been with ATT for ten years, was very happy until now , they want more and more money from their custumers, but they are in for a suprize, most people are switching over to Verizion , to get away from their so called smart phone, witch they want an extra $20.00 a month for, I have one , but, got it before they set this up to charge the custumers that are up for renewal the extra per month, CRAZY , aren't they, well they are not the only phone company around !!!!!!!!!

Message 9 of 60

got hooked wrote:

Been with ATT for ten years, was very happy until now , they want more and more money from their custumers, but they are in for a suprize, most people are switching over to Verizion , to get away from their so called smart phone, witch they want an extra $20.00 a month for, I have one , but, got it before they set this up to charge the custumers that are up for renewal the extra per month, CRAZY , aren't they, well they are not the only phone company around !!!!!!!!!

Funny, because the statistics show that more people are moving TO smartphones, not away from them. And, in addition, Verizon requires the data package for smartphones as well, and required it LONG before AT&T made it a requirement. AT&T was actually the last of the major cell providers to require the data package.

As an AT&T employee, the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinion.
Message 10 of 60
Master

Do you think you could just "opt out" of the data plan at Verizon?  As has been stated, ALL the major carriers now require data plans with their smartphones.  And the numbers prove you wrong...AT&T is #1 in attracting new customers, beating our Verizon as well as Sprint & T-Mobile.  Your grasp of the facts is tenuous, at best.

got hooked wrote:

Message 11 of 60
Master

MrKroppcircles wrote:

It is definetly unfortunate that you recieved a phone that did not meet your expectations or standards, i  understand recieving a phone that is a downgrade compared to your original phone is never a fun situation to go through, however, getting a FREE device is better than paying for a replacement, also, i would ask to be transfered to the warranty department, maybe they will exchange you, did t

Considering that the manufacturer's warranty coverage is part of the original pricing for any piece of equipment, you are entitled to receive a replacement of at least equal quality and features during the warranty coverage period.  I don't consider the fact that the user doesn't have to pay for a lesser "replacement" device to be any justification for it whatsoever. Smiley Wink

Personally, I would recommend dealing directly with the manufacturer on warranty coverage issues - it's their warranty.  The manufacturer cares whether you continue to choose their devices or not; not at&t - they are just a middleman re: the equipment, and one where you are presumably already committed to using their product - the cellular service.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 12 of 60
Professor

More often then not, the manufacturer will tell you to call the carrier, you can try tho, and i dont believe in recieving downgrades either, but it is what it is and if you are offered a similar device it is still better than paying for another phone.

Message 13 of 60

ROFL I was about to say, I have Verizon and the whole reason I don't have a smartphone with Verizon is because they told me the data plan was required. I made the decision that I don't want the smartphone because I dont want the extra monthly charge, so I'm not going to buy a smartphone, problem solved. No monthly charge for data. Move to Verizon if you'd like but your not alleviating the problem, your really just making it more difficult for yourself. AT&T isn't the only carrier that has smartphones, and AT&T isn't the only carrier that has a data plan requirement for them.

Message 14 of 60

"Consumer Reports, the influential product review publication, says AT&T Inc. is again the worst-rated cellular service provider in the U.S., a blow to the carrier's effort to rehabilitate its network and reputation."

"iPhone owners were, by far, the least satisfied with their carrier."

"The efforts didn't register with the readers Consumer Reports surveyed. AT&T got the lowest ranking on eight of nine measures of customer support, service and value." --Wallstreet Journal 

If at&t is number at attracting new customers, it won't be fro much longer.

BTW Virgin Mobile and Metro PCS = No Data Plan

Read more: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704156304576003423395003238.html#ixzz19NwvqZuG

Im sure AT&T is also #1 in loosing customers =)

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Do you think you could just "opt out" of the data plan at Verizon?  As has been stated, ALL the major carriers now require data plans with their smartphones.  And the numbers prove you wrong...AT&T is #1 in attracting new customers, beating our Verizon as well as Sprint & T-Mobile.  Your grasp of the facts is tenuous, at best.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Message 15 of 60
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support