Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 16, 2008
7:49:02 PM
View profile
connecting aircard 875U to desktop pc
please help,
I can hook my aircard up to my desktop connect to the internet fine, but within a couple of seconds after connecting the computer shuts down and restarts itself. The aircard works fine on my laptop. Any suggestions on getting it to work on my desktop properly??????
please help,
I can hook my aircard up to my desktop connect to the internet fine, but within a couple of seconds after connecting the computer shuts down and restarts itself. The aircard works fine on my laptop. Any suggestions on getting it to work on my desktop properly??????

connecting aircard 875U to desktop pc

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2008 8:00:51 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Screaminrx8 on Jan 16, 2008 at 8:17:16 PM
Only thing I can say is I know it will work because I use my 875U on my desktop all the time with no problems. I am running XP on the desktop and Vista on one of my laptops. 
You might want to try this link and download 3G watcher  http://www.sierrawireless.com/support/sd_ac875u.aspx, They say this is more stable than the AT&T connection manger. Also I would unistall the connection manager totally before  installing the watcher. I personally do not use watcher because I have had no problems with the connection manager but I think people that are having your type problems are using this to try to fix them.

Message Edited by Screaminrx8 on 01-16-2008 10:17:16 PM
Only thing I can say is I know it will work because I use my 875U on my desktop all the time with no problems. I am running XP on the desktop and Vista on one of my laptops. 
You might want to try this link and download 3G watcher  http://www.sierrawireless.com/support/sd_ac875u.aspx, They say this is more stable than the AT&T connection manger. Also I would unistall the connection manager totally before  installing the watcher. I personally do not use watcher because I have had no problems with the connection manager but I think people that are having your type problems are using this to try to fix them.

Message Edited by Screaminrx8 on 01-16-2008 10:17:16 PM

Re: connecting aircard 875U to desktop pc

[ Edited ]
2 of 4 (3,346 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2008 6:14:40 AM
(0)
Guru
You might be overloading your USB connection. This would especially be more likely if you have more than one device plugged into a USB connection, for example through a USB hub. If you only have a single device plugged in and this still occurs, you might consider getting an add-on USB card and giving that a try. You did install the software before plugging in the 875U - correct?
You might be overloading your USB connection. This would especially be more likely if you have more than one device plugged into a USB connection, for example through a USB hub. If you only have a single device plugged in and this still occurs, you might consider getting an add-on USB card and giving that a try. You did install the software before plugging in the 875U - correct?

3 of 4 (3,327 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2008 8:34:14 PM
(0)
Teacher
I suspect a software confict. Is the operating system on your desktop XP? Vista? Are there any error messages? Any additional info will help.
I suspect a software confict. Is the operating system on your desktop XP? Vista? Are there any error messages? Any additional info will help.

4 of 4 (3,295 Views)