Wireless Forums

Posted Nov 9, 2010
2:36:17 PM
View profile
checking text messages.
Edited by kayls on Nov 9, 2010 at 2:39:36 PM

my parents somehow still check my text messages from time to time. including the person i am texting, the time, and the content of the message. what program could they be using to do this if you cannot actually check the content on this website on an account?

my parents somehow still check my text messages from time to time. including the person i am texting, the time, and the content of the message. what program could they be using to do this if you cannot actually check the content on this website on an account?

checking text messages.

[ Edited ]
5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 10, 2010 11:32:23 AM
(0)
Professor

What kind of phone do you have? They would either have to be using a 3rd party app, directly installed on the phone or they are bluffing.

There is no way to get the content of the message from the website or by calling ATT. The time and phone number you messaged is openly available on the website however, also it will tell them if it was a SMS or MMS message. But that's it.

What kind of phone do you have? They would either have to be using a 3rd party app, directly installed on the phone or they are bluffing.

There is no way to get the content of the message from the website or by calling ATT. The time and phone number you messaged is openly available on the website however, also it will tell them if it was a SMS or MMS message. But that's it.

Re: checking text messages.

2 of 6 (3,338 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 10, 2010 9:32:53 PM
(0)
Professor

your parents might also be ninjas, sneaking into your room and checking your phone late at night while you sleep, or while youre in the shower.

your parents might also be ninjas, sneaking into your room and checking your phone late at night while you sleep, or while youre in the shower.

3 of 6 (3,315 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 11, 2010 8:56:33 AM
(0)
Professor

INGENIOUS!

That's probably the case haha :smileyvery-happy:

INGENIOUS!

That's probably the case haha :smileyvery-happy:

4 of 6 (3,288 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2010 7:12:11 PM
(0)
Tutor

i have an iphone. but i dont think they're just sneaking in and reading them because even when i've already deleted them they still know all of my texts pretty much. and they've told me before that they can see who i'm texting and what the texts say and they can also see if i've deleted them already or not. my mom has specifically quoted messages from a while ago that were talking about her but i deleted them forever ago. how could they possibly be then?

i have an iphone. but i dont think they're just sneaking in and reading them because even when i've already deleted them they still know all of my texts pretty much. and they've told me before that they can see who i'm texting and what the texts say and they can also see if i've deleted them already or not. my mom has specifically quoted messages from a while ago that were talking about her but i deleted them forever ago. how could they possibly be then?

5 of 6 (2,893 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2010 7:14:18 PM
(0)
Tutor

is there any way for me to tell if they're using a third party app? would at&t know if they were?

is there any way for me to tell if they're using a third party app? would at&t know if they were?

6 of 6 (2,888 Views)