charging me for free texts/texts not arriving

Contributor

charging me for free texts/texts not arriving

I am on the $2 a day plan. I bought a sim card and put this into my unlocked iphone, when my iphone broke I put the sim card into my unlocked blackberry. I can text most of my friends/call them but I can't now text my brother or sister in law, every time I do it charges me 25cents and it doesn't get to them - I think it thinks I am texting the UK but I am not. When I text them or call them from my iphone it works but it doesn't like to text/call them from my blackberry - but its only these 2 numbers??? Any idea? 

Message 1 of 3 (199 Views)
Former Community Manager

Re: charging me for free texts/texts not arriving

That is an odd issue and I'm willing to bet it has something to do with the data on the sim card. 

If you'd like to speak with someone, please send me a private message with your name/email address, phone number and the best time to contact you. I'll pass it to our team and ask them to get a hold of you. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3 (181 Views)
Highlighted

Re: charging me for free texts/texts not arriving

buddyblondie wrote:

I am on the $2 a day plan. I bought a sim card and put this into my unlocked iphone, when my iphone broke I put the sim card into my unlocked blackberry. I can text most of my friends/call them but I can't now text my brother or sister in law, every time I do it charges me 25cents and it doesn't get to them - I think it thinks I am texting the UK but I am not. When I text them or call them from my iphone it works but it doesn't like to text/call them from my blackberry - but its only these 2 numbers??? Any idea? 

Hello BuddyBlondie,

Please do some preliminary troubleshooting before-hand:

1. SMS Center Check:  *#5005*7672#[SEND] This free text should return AT&T's SMS Center:  +1.312.314.9810  (i have added the "." separators only for clarity).
  2. (Re)Register your BlackBerry at AT&T:  From the Home Menu: Select Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table,  Hit [MENU] key, and Select "Register Now" from the drop-down menu. The reply should be "Registration message sent!"

These two steps ensure that your BlackBerry has been properly provisioned, and refreshed over the air when you flipped the SIM card to the BlackBerry.

Retest, and see if there is no change in the text behavior (sorry if you just wasted another 25cents).  If so, then talk to Tech Support.

Message 3 of 3 (178 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.