Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 24, 2012
8:57:26 AM
View profile
charges for at-home wifi use??!

I just got the Avail Android (gophone), for the sole reason of downloading an app enabling me to accept credit cards when I sell my jewelry at events.  Other than this one capability for which I need a smartphone, I'm not interested in having one nor do I need it.  I do not want or need the data plan and have only been using my home wifi (yes, w/ ATT) with the phone the last two days to download this particular app and figure out how the heck to use the phone.  My account has been charged $80 for data usage so far.  How can this be when I am at home and accessing my own wifi??  I could really use a solution soon because I can't afford to keep this up...

Many thanks   

I just got the Avail Android (gophone), for the sole reason of downloading an app enabling me to accept credit cards when I sell my jewelry at events.  Other than this one capability for which I need a smartphone, I'm not interested in having one nor do I need it.  I do not want or need the data plan and have only been using my home wifi (yes, w/ ATT) with the phone the last two days to download this particular app and figure out how the heck to use the phone.  My account has been charged $80 for data usage so far.  How can this be when I am at home and accessing my own wifi??  I could really use a solution soon because I can't afford to keep this up...

Many thanks   

charges for at-home wifi use??!

0 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too