Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 2, 2009
4:55:23 AM
View profile
changing sims card from one Prepaid phone to another Prepaid phone

I was thinking about getting a new prepaid phone, my question is  if i  take my sims card from my old phone and put it in my new phone, will i get to keep all of my contacts and the account balance  from my account when I change to the new phone.

Thanks

I was thinking about getting a new prepaid phone, my question is  if i  take my sims card from my old phone and put it in my new phone, will i get to keep all of my contacts and the account balance  from my account when I change to the new phone.

Thanks

changing sims card from one Prepaid phone to another Prepaid phone

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2009 5:11:07 AM
(0)
Scholar
Yes, all that will work. Check if contacts are saved in the SIM memory instead of the phone's.Thats all you need.
Yes, all that will work. Check if contacts are saved in the SIM memory instead of the phone's.Thats all you need.

Re: changing sims card from one Prepaid phone to another Prepaid phone

2 of 5 (406 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2009 1:34:16 PM
(0)
Tutor

Hi Kurt,

I'm in a similar case, thinking of upgrading my old GoPhone to a new one.  Most importantly I need to keep my phone number.  Could you confirm this actually worked for you?

Also, I'd prefer to buy this new GoPhone online instead because it's cheaper than in the store.  Would anybody know if this works as well (just moving the SIM from the old to the new phone bought online)?  Any weird restrictions for being bought online?

Thanks for the advice. 

Hi Kurt,

I'm in a similar case, thinking of upgrading my old GoPhone to a new one.  Most importantly I need to keep my phone number.  Could you confirm this actually worked for you?

Also, I'd prefer to buy this new GoPhone online instead because it's cheaper than in the store.  Would anybody know if this works as well (just moving the SIM from the old to the new phone bought online)?  Any weird restrictions for being bought online?

Thanks for the advice. 

3 of 5 (383 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 12, 2009 12:21:07 PM
(0)
Master

avalerioa wrote:

Hi Kurt,

Thanks for the advice. 

Yes, this would work.

avalerioa wrote:

Hi Kurt,

Thanks for the advice. 

Yes, this would work.

4 of 5 (361 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2009 3:17:47 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by avalerioa on Sep 16, 2009 at 3:20:10 PM

If someone wonders about this, the upgrade of GoPhones actually worked by simply moving the SIM from the old to the new phone.  The $50 promotional credit for buying the phone was also added to my account.

I hesitated to buy the phone online and do this myself because the people at the AT&T store and at the AT&T support chat said that to upgrade I had to buy the phone at the store (at store price of course) and that only they could process the upgrade.

I prefer to think they were uninformed.

Message Edited by avalerioa on 09-16-2009 03:19:31 PM
Message Edited by avalerioa on 09-16-2009 03:20:10 PM

If someone wonders about this, the upgrade of GoPhones actually worked by simply moving the SIM from the old to the new phone.  The $50 promotional credit for buying the phone was also added to my account.

I hesitated to buy the phone online and do this myself because the people at the AT&T store and at the AT&T support chat said that to upgrade I had to buy the phone at the store (at store price of course) and that only they could process the upgrade.

I prefer to think they were uninformed.

Message Edited by avalerioa on 09-16-2009 03:19:31 PM
Message Edited by avalerioa on 09-16-2009 03:20:10 PM

[ Edited ]
5 of 5 (328 Views)