changing iphones

Tutor

changing iphones

for those who have changed iphones before say from the 3gs to the iphone 4, were you able to restore the iphone 4 from a backup of the 3gs? I have a 3gs now and plan on getting the 4s but I want to be able to keep things like call history and all my texts(i have like 25000 on my 3gs).

Message 1 of 3 (860 Views)
Scholar

Re: changing iphones

jatindj01 wrote:

for those who have changed iphones before say from the 3gs to the iphone 4, were you able to restore the iphone 4 from a backup of the 3gs? I have a 3gs now and plan on getting the 4s but I want to be able to keep things like call history and all my texts(i have like 25000 on my 3gs).

Not sure about call history (I clear those every few days) but a definite yes on text messages. I've got text messages from May 2008 on my iPhone 4 and I think the iPhone 3G wasn't even released back then. Photos, contacts, app data, etc also transfer over. I think the only thing that doesn't are some select apps, music and videos (those you have to sync to iTunes).

Message 2 of 3 (841 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

Re: changing iphones

great thanks
Message 3 of 3 (832 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.