Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 6, 2011
8:46:14 PM
View profile
changing from iPhone 4 16G to 32G

A friend no longer needs her 32G iPhone 4 (work thing and she's moving to a different device). I have an "older" 16G device. Can I simply pop the SIM from my phone into hers and have a new phone with double the capacity? 

A friend no longer needs her 32G iPhone 4 (work thing and she's moving to a different device). I have an "older" 16G device. Can I simply pop the SIM from my phone into hers and have a new phone with double the capacity? 

changing from iPhone 4 16G to 32G

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 6, 2011 8:58:20 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

seaveez wrote:

Should be able to, but I would recommend syncing the new iPhone to iTunes to make sure that everything is personally your's and that you and your iTunes account are familiar with the switch.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

seaveez wrote:

Should be able to, but I would recommend syncing the new iPhone to iTunes to make sure that everything is personally your's and that you and your iTunes account are familiar with the switch.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: changing from iPhone 4 16G to 32G

2 of 3 (505 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 8, 2011 10:22:33 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

seaveez wrote:

Since you already have an iPhone 4, that should work.  I would recommend that you contact AT&T and let them know that you have changed devices giving them the IMEI of your "new" device so that they are less likely to have problems after you make the swap.  They do keep track of your device's IMEI so when it changes, you are supposed to notify them to reduce the risk of problems.  Most of the time, it is so they can make sure their back-end systems are set to match your hardware and everything will work.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

seaveez wrote:

Since you already have an iPhone 4, that should work.  I would recommend that you contact AT&T and let them know that you have changed devices giving them the IMEI of your "new" device so that they are less likely to have problems after you make the swap.  They do keep track of your device's IMEI so when it changes, you are supposed to notify them to reduce the risk of problems.  Most of the time, it is so they can make sure their back-end systems are set to match your hardware and everything will work.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: changing from iPhone 4 16G to 32G

3 of 3 (436 Views)