change add-ons via text?

Contributor

change add-ons via text?

hello, i've got a bit of a weird question. i'm travelling to the us and have already got the sim card activated. however, since i'm not currently in the us i can't receive texts and such so i haven't been able to activate my online account. as a result, i've not been able to go in and apply the credit i've bought or add any add-ons (data) to my account.

is there a way to add data by way of text message? this way i can then go activate my online account, check my email, etc. i know with my cell service here in nz i can just text a certain code to a specific number and it adjusts this info.

thanks. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 4
Master

Re: change add-ons via text?

A GoPhone SIM is not functional outside of the US and Mexico; so even if the functionality you are used to were available with at&t (it's not), you would not be able to send a text while you are in New Zealand. Smiley Happy

Outside of possibly being able to use the "Give a Gift" functionality to add funds to your account since the SIM has been activated, I don't know of a good way to accomplish what you want before you reach the US.  And even if it will work - the "Give a Gift" functionality isn't going to apply a credit you've already purchased.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 2 of 4
Contributor

oh i know i can't do anything until i'm in the us, i just wanted to be able to do it once i'm there. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
Master

dizrythmia wrote:

oh i know i can't do anything until i'm in the us, i just wanted to be able to do it once i'm there. Smiley Happy

Oh - sorry, I misunderstood then. Smiley Happy

But no - at&t doesn't offer tha functionality to change your account/feature options via text message.  You'll have to do so via the IVR system or through your on-line account access once you've established it.  You can check your account/feature balances via text message though.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support