change add-ons via text?

Contributor

change add-ons via text?

hello, i've got a bit of a weird question. i'm travelling to the us and have already got the sim card activated. however, since i'm not currently in the us i can't receive texts and such so i haven't been able to activate my online account. as a result, i've not been able to go in and apply the credit i've bought or add any add-ons (data) to my account.

is there a way to add data by way of text message? this way i can then go activate my online account, check my email, etc. i know with my cell service here in nz i can just text a certain code to a specific number and it adjusts this info.

thanks. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 4 (205 Views)
Master

Re: change add-ons via text?

A GoPhone SIM is not functional outside of the US and Mexico; so even if the functionality you are used to were available with at&t (it's not), you would not be able to send a text while you are in New Zealand. Smiley Happy

Outside of possibly being able to use the "Give a Gift" functionality to add funds to your account since the SIM has been activated, I don't know of a good way to accomplish what you want before you reach the US.  And even if it will work - the "Give a Gift" functionality isn't going to apply a credit you've already purchased.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 2 of 4 (203 Views)
Contributor

oh i know i can't do anything until i'm in the us, i just wanted to be able to do it once i'm there. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4 (201 Views)
Master

dizrythmia wrote:

oh i know i can't do anything until i'm in the us, i just wanted to be able to do it once i'm there. Smiley Happy

Oh - sorry, I misunderstood then. Smiley Happy

But no - at&t doesn't offer tha functionality to change your account/feature options via text message.  You'll have to do so via the IVR system or through your on-line account access once you've established it.  You can check your account/feature balances via text message though.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 4 of 4 (188 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.