Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 25, 2010
12:49:42 PM
cannot connec to cellular network

my phone cant connect to a cellular network anymore. i was using internet a while ago on my iphone 3gs, but then it just stopped. i shows i have full bars and the AT&T logo on the top left but no E or 3G connection. sometimes it'll even show that i have no service. i rebooted the phone and i'm still experiencing the same problem. any ideas? thanks

my phone cant connect to a cellular network anymore. i was using internet a while ago on my iphone 3gs, but then it just stopped. i shows i have full bars and the AT&T logo on the top left but no E or 3G connection. sometimes it'll even show that i have no service. i rebooted the phone and i'm still experiencing the same problem. any ideas? thanks

cannot connec to cellular network

12 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(12)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 25, 2010 12:59:58 PM
(0)
Contributor

Same here! I use my phone for work. I am beyond frustrated.Smiley Mad

I am in SoCal area. You?

Same here! I use my phone for work. I am beyond frustrated.Smiley Mad

I am in SoCal area. You?

Re: cannot connec to cellular network

2 of 13 (382 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 25, 2010 1:02:32 PM
(0)
Tutor
ya i'm in the SoCal area too. can you still text or call?
ya i'm in the SoCal area too. can you still text or call?

3 of 13 (373 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 25, 2010 1:03:45 PM
(0)
Contributor
im in socal too, no 3g no edge, no outside calls
im in socal too, no 3g no edge, no outside calls

4 of 13 (365 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 25, 2010 1:12:42 PM
(0)
Contributor
Same problem here.  San Diego, lunchtime.
Same problem here.  San Diego, lunchtime.

5 of 13 (331 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 25, 2010 1:12:54 PM
(0)
Tutor
is this happening to anyone with an iphone? or someone with a jailbroken iphone? would that even make a difference?
is this happening to anyone with an iphone? or someone with a jailbroken iphone? would that even make a difference?

6 of 13 (329 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 25, 2010 1:18:33 PM
(0)
Contributor
Ah, tech support chat rep' just said they're having an outage in SoCal, with no ETA for fixy-fixy.
Ah, tech support chat rep' just said they're having an outage in SoCal, with no ETA for fixy-fixy.

7 of 13 (309 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 25, 2010 1:20:11 PM
(0)
Tutor

ahh i see, so why can some iphone users use internet just fine while some cant? are they just lucky? lol

ahh i see, so why can some iphone users use internet just fine while some cant? are they just lucky? lol

8 of 13 (303 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 25, 2010 1:37:54 PM
(0)
Contributor
I'm in SoCal area, too.  Just got off the phone with tech rep confirming outage in "my area".  Will be working on until about 9pm tonight!  Might be fixed sooner.
I'm in SoCal area, too.  Just got off the phone with tech rep confirming outage in "my area".  Will be working on until about 9pm tonight!  Might be fixed sooner.

9 of 13 (264 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 25, 2010 1:39:18 PM
(0)
Contributor
Must be pretty widespread.  Someone said they're in San Diego and I'm up in Ventura area.
Must be pretty widespread.  Someone said they're in San Diego and I'm up in Ventura area.

10 of 13 (257 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 25, 2010 1:40:45 PM
(0)
Contributor

I'm in San Diego as well and started having the same problems. "No Service" sometimes and other times, just 5 bars, but no data. I turned off 3G and rebooted my phone and I get 5 bars of Edge. The moment I turn 3G back on, goes to No Service. 

I also talked to tech support and they confirmed the outage... claimed it would be fixed within 24 hours. 

I'm in San Diego as well and started having the same problems. "No Service" sometimes and other times, just 5 bars, but no data. I turned off 3G and rebooted my phone and I get 5 bars of Edge. The moment I turn 3G back on, goes to No Service. 

I also talked to tech support and they confirmed the outage... claimed it would be fixed within 24 hours. 

11 of 13 (163 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 25, 2010 2:32:11 PM
(0)
Contributor
I'm out in Newbury Park 91320. No 3G or edge.
I'm out in Newbury Park 91320. No 3G or edge.

12 of 13 (142 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 25, 2010 2:55:20 PM
(0)
Contributor
I'm in Ventura and Carpinteria.  I was having issues for the past 3 hours, but now it seems everything is back. I have 5 bars on 3G.
I'm in Ventura and Carpinteria.  I was having issues for the past 3 hours, but now it seems everything is back. I have 5 bars on 3G.

13 of 13 (130 Views)