Posted Mar 21, 2010
12:08:10 PM
View profile
cancelling mobile purchases and getting refunds
i am having troubles with my mobile purchases for my iphone. actually i DO NOT remember buying mobile purchases or i might have bought them by mistake. so i went to the 'Manage Mobile Purchases & Downloads' section to cancel my subscription. i cancelled one subscription but when i tried cancelling the others, it says refund denied. and it says the refund denial reason: exceeded the number of refunds allowed within a specific time period. what should i do? when can i cancel those other subscriptions? i am having a hard time paying for my bills because of those. PLEASE HELP ME :smileysad:

cancelling mobile purchases and getting refunds

6 replies
(3) Me too
(3) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2010 2:40:06 PM
(0)
Expert

karlu wrote: 
     I am having troubles with my mobile purchases for my iphone. actually i DO NOT remember buying mobile purchases or i might have bought them by mistake. so i went to the 'Manage Mobile Purchases & Downloads' section to cancel my subscription. i cancelled one subscription but when i tried cancelling the others, it says refund denied. and it says the refund denial reason: exceeded the number of refunds allowed within a specific time period. what should i do? when can i cancel those other subscriptions? i am having a hard time paying for my bills because of those. PLEASE HELP ME :smileysad:

Call customer care and ask them to do it for you. also ask them to activate the purchase blocker as well so that no other items like this can be charged to you.

Knight Rider Rules.gif

AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12.  You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF.  Policy info HERE.

Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.

When the going gets rough, hide in a pillow fort and pretend you don't exist.

Re: cancelling mobile purchases and getting refunds

2 of 7 (121,856 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2010 3:29:07 PM
(0)
Scholar

also a manage pafe. www.att.com/directbill

3 of 7 (121,511 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 4, 2010 2:51:57 PM
(0)
Expert

dysfunxion wrote:

Also a manage pafe. www.att.com/directbill

The OP did do that already, but due to the monetary limit that can be refunded monthly and the amount of refund requests that can be done online they were declined for further requests, so the only other option would be going through customer care.

Knight Rider Rules.gif

AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12.  You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF.  Policy info HERE.

Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.

When the going gets rough, hide in a pillow fort and pretend you don't exist.

4 of 7 (121,450 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2010 2:51:17 PM
(0)
Mentor

You can only refund $10 maximum for 1 month period for any mobile purchases. So if you really didnt purchase anything & needs to have it refunded then might as well call customer care after you process $10 on your end. But to avoid the hassle, activate the purchase blocker after the refund.

5 of 7 (120,799 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 30, 2011 12:26:00 PM
(0)
Contributor

I am also having trouble with mobile purchases for my iphone that I DID NOT purchase. I called last month and they credited my account and said the purchases were cancelled.  This month.....30 some dollars worth of taxes are charged for the mobile purchases.....what in the world?  I will call again but it is a hassel and it REALLY makes me angry. Does ATT do this on purpose to make more money? Probabley some people don't notice or don't notice for a long time while ATT racks in the cash. I feel like I have been robbed.

6 of 7 (82,460 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2012 7:22:59 AM
(0)

This is an old thread and is being closed. If you have something new on this subject, please post it to a new message.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

7 of 7 (82,342 Views)