Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 16, 2011
4:40:33 PM
View profile
can you block the internet from an iphone

Can I block the internet from my daughter's iphone so she cannot use it to go online?

Can I block the internet from my daughter's iphone so she cannot use it to go online?

can you block the internet from an iphone

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 16, 2011 5:13:48 PM
(0)
Scholar

Yes.

Go to Settings->General-> Restrictions. Turn to "OFF" whichever features you don't want her to access. Then go back to settings and set a passcode. Obviously, don't give her the passcode and don't make it easy to guess, like her birthday. Also, set it to erase data after 10 incorrect passcode guesses.

Yes.

Go to Settings->General-> Restrictions. Turn to "OFF" whichever features you don't want her to access. Then go back to settings and set a passcode. Obviously, don't give her the passcode and don't make it easy to guess, like her birthday. Also, set it to erase data after 10 incorrect passcode guesses.

Re: can you block the internet from an iphone

2 of 9 (11,718 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 16, 2011 5:36:38 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by graphite07 on Dec 16, 2011 at 5:37:45 PM

if you are running ISO 5 you can do this Settings>>General>>Restrictions>>enable restrictions and enter a passcode. once you do this you can turn it off.OHH WOW it hides the Safari icon so she can not access it.

if you are running ISO 5 you can do this Settings>>General>>Restrictions>>enable restrictions and enter a passcode. once you do this you can turn it off.OHH WOW it hides the Safari icon so she can not access it.

hello!!!

[ Edited ]
3 of 9 (11,712 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2011 6:31:15 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

juliedavies wrote:

In addition to the phone-resident options (which are good) you can pay an extra $5/mo and get parental controls via smartlimits

http://www.att.net/smartcontrols-SmartLimitsForWireless

juliedavies wrote:

In addition to the phone-resident options (which are good) you can pay an extra $5/mo and get parental controls via smartlimits

http://www.att.net/smartcontrols-SmartLimitsForWireless

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 9 (11,671 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2011 7:57:05 AM
(0)
Guru
Smart limits really is not that good. Had it for my kid and there are too many ways around the limitations.
Smart limits really is not that good. Had it for my kid and there are too many ways around the limitations.

5 of 9 (11,661 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2011 12:43:06 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Facci wrote:
Real "smart" then, huh? Smiley Wink

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Facci wrote:
Real "smart" then, huh? Smiley Wink

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 9 (11,644 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2011 2:29:06 PM
(0)
Guru

Remember that you will still have to pay for a data plan even if you block the net.

Remember that you will still have to pay for a data plan even if you block the net.

7 of 9 (11,633 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2011 10:59:39 PM
(0)
Contributor

Great thanks, yes, I know that I will still have pay but want to be able to take it when needed.

Great thanks, yes, I know that I will still have pay but want to be able to take it when needed.

8 of 9 (11,615 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 18, 2011 8:42:05 AM
(0)
Professor

good idea. i used to do this to my oldest daughter when she abused the phone. i used to block stuff.  smart limits is not that good.

good idea. i used to do this to my oldest daughter when she abused the phone. i used to block stuff.  smart limits is not that good.

hello!!!

9 of 9 (11,599 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments