can you block the internet from an iphone

Contributor

can you block the internet from an iphone

Can I block the internet from my daughter's iphone so she cannot use it to go online?

Message 1 of 9 (11,828 Views)
Scholar

Re: can you block the internet from an iphone

Yes.

Go to Settings->General-> Restrictions. Turn to "OFF" whichever features you don't want her to access. Then go back to settings and set a passcode. Obviously, don't give her the passcode and don't make it easy to guess, like her birthday. Also, set it to erase data after 10 incorrect passcode guesses.

Message 2 of 9 (11,822 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

if you are running ISO 5 you can do this Settings>>General>>Restrictions>>enable restrictions and enter a passcode. once you do this you can turn it off.OHH WOW it hides the Safari icon so she can not access it.

Message 3 of 9 (11,816 Views)
ACE - Professor

juliedavies wrote:

Can I block the internet from my daughter's iphone so she cannot use it to go online?

In addition to the phone-resident options (which are good) you can pay an extra $5/mo and get parental controls via smartlimits

http://www.att.net/smartcontrols-SmartLimitsForWireless

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 9 (11,775 Views)
Guru

Smart limits really is not that good. Had it for my kid and there are too many ways around the limitations.
Message 5 of 9 (11,765 Views)
Highlighted
Master

Facci wrote:
Smart limits really is not that good. Had it for my kid and there are too many ways around the limitations.
Real "smart" then, huh? Smiley Wink

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 6 of 9 (11,748 Views)
Guru

Remember that you will still have to pay for a data plan even if you block the net.

Message 7 of 9 (11,737 Views)
Contributor

Great thanks, yes, I know that I will still have pay but want to be able to take it when needed.

Message 8 of 9 (11,719 Views)
Professor

good idea. i used to do this to my oldest daughter when she abused the phone. i used to block stuff.  smart limits is not that good.

Message 9 of 9 (11,703 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.