can this be true att buying tmobile?

Guru

can this be true att buying tmobile?

Message 1 of 189
Mentor

Re: can this be true att buying tmobile?

RicoLX wrote:
Meanwhile, back at the ranch.... Crystalsno, please continue with your logical point, it made perfect sense

*Curtsey.  Thank you for that Rico.

I do honestly feel now that most companies are going to cap things, bundles will be a thing of the past and a lot of people will be bailing on the bundles and have to go back to checking out companies that have the best price/speed etc for the money.  I have Charter internet and Charter cable tv.  If in fact, as Wingrider states Charter does have caps on downloads etc, I will be bailing on my cable tv with them and go with Satelite tv but keep the Charter internet.  What a major pain that's going to be.  I preferred getting one bill rather than so many bills that make my eyes go funny after trying to read them etc.  I think that is truly stupid and is not convenient at all.  Ugh.

Message 181 of 189
Professor

Well I am glad I didnt go with the bundled packet, a buddy just said look like we are going bacward instead of forward with services. This will prompt smaller companies to develope and provide localized services once again without all these restricted iphone initiated issues thats really not there, but its a money maker so att aint giving it up. All of capped , tierred, de-unlimited companies will end up servicing other big businesses and lose the customer level of business altogether.
Message 182 of 189
Mentor

Sad but true reality.  Smiley Sad

Message 183 of 189
Teacher

Companies have stupid policies all the time. Thats why we have antitrust laws. These laws curb companies stupid policies every day. The interpretation is not a personal one. Its a factual one. Its either right or wrong. Theres no interpretation needed. This is not the 3rd century BC,nor is it the 19th century.

If you have to apologize for making an an analogy,then its not valid! The opposition to the merger is based on fear that the company will impose stupid policies easier if its a monopoly.

Stupid policies exist. Theyre not personal interpretations. Simple.

Message 184 of 189
Professor

I concur, speak on bro
Message 185 of 189
Expert

BassLine wrote:

Companies have stupid policies all the time. Thats why we have antitrust laws. These laws curb companies stupid policies every day. The interpretation is not a personal one. Its a factual one. Its either right or wrong. Theres no interpretation needed. This is not the 3rd century BC,nor is it the 19th century.

If you have to apologize for making an an analogy,then its not valid! The opposition to the merger is based on fear that the company will impose stupid policies easier if its a monopoly.

Stupid policies exist. Theyre not personal interpretations. Simple.

An opinion of a bad policy for a company does not equate to antitrust laws, the courts and regulatory agencies will decide if it violates any anti-trust law, as it stands the expert opinion out there is that it does not. A interpretation of a "bad policy" is just an opinion, what you may assume is a bad policy  is just that - an interpretation - aka your opinion. If things where just "right or wrong" then there would no need for lawyers or courts. You interpretation of my analog explanation is incorrect, it was in no form a apology, no need to apologize for a incorrect assumption.

In any respect this is off topic, the simple fact is - yes ATT has a bid in to purchase the US based potion of DT's carrier infrastructure. The only thing that is left is the approval of the regulatory agencies - the experts in the field, those that are experts in the field of sale contract interpretation, regulatory agencies, Ibankers and financial planners are of the opinion that the sale will indeed be approved, with caveats that ATT will have to divest itself of various chunks of T-Mobile including the possibility some of their original infrastructure and possibly build out some broadband infrastructure as part of the approval process. The only objecting party that will count is Sprint - they stand to lose the most in this acquisition.

Message 186 of 189
Professor

Aaaaaaanyway, hey Bass, whats even more "stupid" is when said company or companies , when caught for making stupid restrictions, decisions, clauses and participles, think they can pass the results and 'blowback' of the consequences down to the customer level. Consumers are not stoopid these days unless one choose to be. Right.
Message 187 of 189
Contributor

Re: If AT&T buys Tmobile they will buy an empty company!!! Tmobile customers are BLOCKING this

I feel that is a good thing that ATT is wanting to purchase Tmobile...They are the only two GSM companies...Sprint and Verizon are CDMA...it would be along and hard transition trying to convert GSM into CDMA...I am hoping that ATT will make so much need changes that benefit both ATT and Tmobile customers such as unlimited data for amart phone for ATT and offer the right plan promise to Tmobile customers so that every time they made account changes their contract would not be renewed....there are alot of things that need to be made with both the companies...and if and when they purchase tmo I can't wait to see those much needed changes with the both...Seeing I am a indirect dealer for ATT TMO and VZN

Message 188 of 189
Highlighted
Scholar

Re: If AT&T buys Tmobile they will buy an empty company!!! Tmobile customers are BLOCKING this

thickmadem wrote:

...I am hoping that ATT will make so much need changes that benefit both ATT and Tmobile customers...

ATT...benefit...customers... 

Sorry, but those three words don't belong in the same sentence.Smiley Tongue

Message 189 of 189
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support