can this be true att buying tmobile?

Guru

can this be true att buying tmobile?

Message 1 of 189
Mentor

Re: can this be true att buying tmobile?

Ugh sorry...I can't take credit for the "AT&Terrible"  is what I left out...sorry...

Message 91 of 189
Expert

crystalsno wrote:

To Wingrider

You never know if or when AT&Terrible will pull out or back out of this deal.  A lot of Tmobilers have let their voices be heard that if AT&Terrible tries to go through with this deal, they will jump ship and I don't believe AT&Terrible is trying to buy a dead company.  Smiley Tongue

And by the way, you understand how I use the quotes and no one else seems to have a problem with how I use them soooooo.....I never did try to say I was professional.  This is an opinion board.  That's all I'm doing is voicing my opinon.  Smiley Happy

/rofl you really think that ATT is concerned over what the current customers of t-mobile think and will pull out from the deal because of that reason, man have I got a piece of beach front property in Arizona that I will sell you.

Hostile takeovers in the real world of business are common occurences, the only thing that will stop this deal is if the regulatroy agencies put a stop to it.  In the real world of business, "deead companies" are purchased all the time - their infrastructure, properties, regulatory licenses, and other tangible assests are the primary target of a sale.

At the end of the day unless your "voices" sway the regulatory agencies - ATT will not pull out. As far as your last comments go, will not go there, not worth it.

Message 92 of 189
Mentor

Wingrider we shall certainly see won't we Smiley Happy

Message 93 of 189
Professor

That does sound like suicide. I checked out the tmo forum and ALL are vowing to break contracts and abandon ship leaving a non customer shell. if ATT really want tmobile for its infrastructure only, then no additional customers would matter but the missed revenue would hurt if TMO comes aboard as a shell. Just saying.
Message 94 of 189
Mentor

Wingrider said

there is a major difference if ATT backs out of the deal as compared to the regulatory agencies not allowing it the sale. Given the fact that ATT wants the infrastructure I doubt they will back out

Erm, I don't recall saying backing out and a blocked deal by the FCC was one and the same?????????????????

Message 95 of 189
Professor

Wingriders right. AT&T aint pulling out......
Message 96 of 189
Mentor

Rico said

That does sound like suicide. I checked out the tmo forum and ALL are vowing to break contracts and abandon ship leaving a non customer shell. if ATT really want tmobile for its infrastructure only, then no additional customers would matter but the missed revenue would hurt if TMO comes aboard as a shell. Just saying.

Very well said Rico and ty for going to check out the Tmobile forums just as I've done with these forums.  Smiley Happy  You rock!

Message 97 of 189
Highlighted
Professor

The cost to AT&T if the regulators block this deal is $3 Billion, not million.  Also, I think that AT&T will be happy if they have to absorb fewer T-Mobile customers.  AT&T might want enough to claim #1 in subscriber base, but the other 30 million T-Mobile customers could leave for all they care.  They want the towers, and that's all.  It costs a cellular company a lot of time and money to build towers, so that's where the value is in this deal.  If there are less customers, then AT&T can use all of the new bandwith for the existing customer base.  They will look good to their customers and won't care about their haters.

Message 98 of 189
Professor

Question: Would this be the first unprecedent occurrance ever in the cellular industry where 90% to ALL active customer "kill" a company's customerbase by all pulling out at the same time, lea ing just the company with no cellular customer revenue? Im sure they have businesses utilizing the service,etc but would the customerbase alone bring tmo to a screetching halt if they abandon? Then say "IF" AT&T backs down and pays tmo a set agreed amount...would the amount be enuff to float tmo along until it itself could rebuild¿¿?

Message 99 of 189
Professor

21stNow, I aggree with your analysis. Me also thinks AT&T already has factored in a high number of customer abandonment in a worst case scenario analysis and put in place ,factors that counteract the effect where ATT still come out on top of the deal...... Just say' n

Message 100 of 189
Mentor

Rico said

Question: Would this be the first unprecedent occurrance ever in the cellular industry where 90% to ALL active customer "kill" a company's customerbase by all pulling out at the same time, lea ing just the company with no cellular customer revenue? Im sure they have businesses utilizing the service,etc but would the customerbase alone bring tmo to a screetching halt if they abandon? Then say "IF" AT&T backs down and pays tmo a set agreed amount...would the amount be enuff to float tmo along until it itself could rebuild¿¿?

Yep, that's what scares me Rico.  I wish they wouldn't jump ship just yet, but some are.  However if they do jump ship now, once the deal is blocked (hopefully) they will all be back in a heartbeat.  But as you say at what cost and how long will it take?  Smiley Sad

Message 101 of 189
Mentor

21stnow said

"AT&T might want enough to claim #1 in subscriber base, but the other 30 million T-Mobile customers could leave for all they care."

See! If this doesn't tell you how low down and dirty AT&Terrible is then I don't know what does.  21stnow, aren't you an AT&Terrible customer?  Smiley Surprised

Message 102 of 189
Professor

crystalsno wrote:

Yep, that's what scares me Rico.  I wish they wouldn't jump ship just yet, but some are.  However if they do jump ship now, once the deal is blocked (hopefully) they will all be back in a heartbeat.  But as you say at what cost and how long will it take?  Smiley Sad

That is a risky move for TMO to consider should things not go through... but I have to say, if i were a TMO customer and as mad as they are about this deal (and from looking at the thousands of responses per minute over there on that forum),  I wouldnt be going "back" to tmo... my feeling would be, if the company sold me out, why should i go back...

Message 103 of 189
Mentor

crystalsno wrote:

Yep, that's what scares me Rico.  I wish they wouldn't jump ship just yet, but some are.  However if they do jump ship now, once the deal is blocked (hopefully) they will all be back in a heartbeat.  But as you say at what cost and how long will it take?  :smileysad:

Rico said

That is a risky move for TMO to consider should things not go through... but I have to say, if i were a TMO customer and as mad as they are about this deal (and from looking at the thousands of responses per minute over there on that forum),  I wouldnt be going "back" to tmo... my feeling would be, if the company sold me out, why should i go back...

True, however I spent a great deal of time Monday on those boards and I only saw about 1 out of every 50 that said they felt betrayed and wouldn't be back....so it will just be a hurry up and wait game....for everyone....unfortuantely. 

I was amazed to find postings going on so fast I couldn't keep up.  I finally kicked back and counted all responses in my email box...from like 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. est, there were 66 postings in 1 hour.  That's a little more than 1 an hour.  YIKES!  Tmobiler's are, to say the least, furious. 

I'm not seeing it as a betrayal though.  They did what they did for business and I hadn't seen that they had no long term goals to keep the company afloat.  Perhaps they didn't think Tmo would become so popular and be filled with extremely faithful customers in such a short time?  Who knows.  I do know if AT&Terrible takes over, I'm gone.  If not I'll stay.  Smiley Happy

Message 104 of 189
Professor

crystalsno wrote:

I was amazed to find postings going on so fast I couldn't keep up.  I finally kicked back and counted all responses in my email box...from like 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. est, there were 66 postings in 1 hour.  That's a little more than 1 an hour.  YIKES!  Tmobiler's are, to say the least, furious. 

Do you mean 1 comment per minute?   I thought i calculated even more!  I set up a generic email account and then set up a forum account just to watch the comment notification pop up on my phone,  my cell phone kept receiving notices of responses from just ONE of the discussions over there like 15 to 20 or more per minute!  Finally i had to go and dissassociate the email from the account so itwould stop filling up my phone.  Took me awhile to delete all those messages from my inbox and deleted. i mean there were over 1200 emails i had received in that short period.   I dont think our site at ATT ever had one topic  discussion buzzing like that. and we are talkinga about 1 of MANY discussions going on at Tmo,

But its totally understandable for that much activity to be going on there.

Message 105 of 189
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support