View all replies
(188)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 10:14:04 AM
(0)
Mentor

Ugh sorry...I can't take credit for the "AT&Terrible"  is what I left out...sorry...

Ugh sorry...I can't take credit for the "AT&Terrible"  is what I left out...sorry...

Re: can this be true att buying tmobile?

91 of 189 (319 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 10:27:21 AM
(0)
Expert

crystalsno wrote:

To Wingrider

You never know if or when AT&Terrible will pull out or back out of this deal.  A lot of Tmobilers have let their voices be heard that if AT&Terrible tries to go through with this deal, they will jump ship and I don't believe AT&Terrible is trying to buy a dead company.  Smiley Tongue

And by the way, you understand how I use the quotes and no one else seems to have a problem with how I use them soooooo.....I never did try to say I was professional.  This is an opinion board.  That's all I'm doing is voicing my opinon.  Smiley Happy

/rofl you really think that ATT is concerned over what the current customers of t-mobile think and will pull out from the deal because of that reason, man have I got a piece of beach front property in Arizona that I will sell you.

Hostile takeovers in the real world of business are common occurences, the only thing that will stop this deal is if the regulatroy agencies put a stop to it.  In the real world of business, "deead companies" are purchased all the time - their infrastructure, properties, regulatory licenses, and other tangible assests are the primary target of a sale.

At the end of the day unless your "voices" sway the regulatory agencies - ATT will not pull out. As far as your last comments go, will not go there, not worth it.

crystalsno wrote:

To Wingrider

You never know if or when AT&Terrible will pull out or back out of this deal.  A lot of Tmobilers have let their voices be heard that if AT&Terrible tries to go through with this deal, they will jump ship and I don't believe AT&Terrible is trying to buy a dead company.  Smiley Tongue

And by the way, you understand how I use the quotes and no one else seems to have a problem with how I use them soooooo.....I never did try to say I was professional.  This is an opinion board.  That's all I'm doing is voicing my opinon.  Smiley Happy

/rofl you really think that ATT is concerned over what the current customers of t-mobile think and will pull out from the deal because of that reason, man have I got a piece of beach front property in Arizona that I will sell you.

Hostile takeovers in the real world of business are common occurences, the only thing that will stop this deal is if the regulatroy agencies put a stop to it.  In the real world of business, "deead companies" are purchased all the time - their infrastructure, properties, regulatory licenses, and other tangible assests are the primary target of a sale.

At the end of the day unless your "voices" sway the regulatory agencies - ATT will not pull out. As far as your last comments go, will not go there, not worth it.

92 of 189 (313 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 10:29:43 AM
(0)
Mentor

Wingrider we shall certainly see won't we Smiley Happy

Wingrider we shall certainly see won't we Smiley Happy

93 of 189 (309 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 10:33:13 AM
(0)
Professor
That does sound like suicide. I checked out the tmo forum and ALL are vowing to break contracts and abandon ship leaving a non customer shell. if ATT really want tmobile for its infrastructure only, then no additional customers would matter but the missed revenue would hurt if TMO comes aboard as a shell. Just saying.
That does sound like suicide. I checked out the tmo forum and ALL are vowing to break contracts and abandon ship leaving a non customer shell. if ATT really want tmobile for its infrastructure only, then no additional customers would matter but the missed revenue would hurt if TMO comes aboard as a shell. Just saying.
Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)

94 of 189 (303 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 10:35:36 AM
(0)
Mentor

Wingrider said

there is a major difference if ATT backs out of the deal as compared to the regulatory agencies not allowing it the sale. Given the fact that ATT wants the infrastructure I doubt they will back out

Erm, I don't recall saying backing out and a blocked deal by the FCC was one and the same?????????????????

Wingrider said

there is a major difference if ATT backs out of the deal as compared to the regulatory agencies not allowing it the sale. Given the fact that ATT wants the infrastructure I doubt they will back out

Erm, I don't recall saying backing out and a blocked deal by the FCC was one and the same?????????????????

95 of 189 (303 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 10:36:02 AM
(0)
Professor
Wingriders right. AT&T aint pulling out......
Wingriders right. AT&T aint pulling out......

96 of 189 (302 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 10:41:40 AM
(0)
Mentor

Rico said

Very well said Rico and ty for going to check out the Tmobile forums just as I've done with these forums.  Smiley Happy  You rock!

Rico said

Very well said Rico and ty for going to check out the Tmobile forums just as I've done with these forums.  Smiley Happy  You rock!

97 of 189 (298 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 10:55:03 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

The cost to AT&T if the regulators block this deal is $3 Billion, not million.  Also, I think that AT&T will be happy if they have to absorb fewer T-Mobile customers.  AT&T might want enough to claim #1 in subscriber base, but the other 30 million T-Mobile customers could leave for all they care.  They want the towers, and that's all.  It costs a cellular company a lot of time and money to build towers, so that's where the value is in this deal.  If there are less customers, then AT&T can use all of the new bandwith for the existing customer base.  They will look good to their customers and won't care about their haters.

The cost to AT&T if the regulators block this deal is $3 Billion, not million.  Also, I think that AT&T will be happy if they have to absorb fewer T-Mobile customers.  AT&T might want enough to claim #1 in subscriber base, but the other 30 million T-Mobile customers could leave for all they care.  They want the towers, and that's all.  It costs a cellular company a lot of time and money to build towers, so that's where the value is in this deal.  If there are less customers, then AT&T can use all of the new bandwith for the existing customer base.  They will look good to their customers and won't care about their haters.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

98 of 189 (282 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 11:03:41 AM
(0)
Professor
Question: Would this be the first unprecedent occurrance ever in the cellular industry where 90% to ALL active customer "kill" a company's customerbase by all pulling out at the same time, lea ing just the company with no cellular customer revenue? Im sure they have businesses utilizing the service,etc but would the customerbase alone bring tmo to a screetching halt if they abandon? Then say "IF" AT&T backs down and pays tmo a set agreed amount...would the amount be enuff to float tmo along until it itself could rebuild¿¿?

Question: Would this be the first unprecedent occurrance ever in the cellular industry where 90% to ALL active customer "kill" a company's customerbase by all pulling out at the same time, lea ing just the company with no cellular customer revenue? Im sure they have businesses utilizing the service,etc but would the customerbase alone bring tmo to a screetching halt if they abandon? Then say "IF" AT&T backs down and pays tmo a set agreed amount...would the amount be enuff to float tmo along until it itself could rebuild¿¿?

99 of 189 (277 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 11:07:04 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by RicoLX on Mar 24, 2011 at 11:10:27 AM

21stNow, I aggree with your analysis. Me also thinks AT&T already has factored in a high number of customer abandonment in a worst case scenario analysis and put in place ,factors that counteract the effect where ATT still come out on top of the deal...... Just say' n

21stNow, I aggree with your analysis. Me also thinks AT&T already has factored in a high number of customer abandonment in a worst case scenario analysis and put in place ,factors that counteract the effect where ATT still come out on top of the deal...... Just say' n

[ Edited ]
100 of 189 (274 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 11:13:55 AM
(0)
Mentor

Rico said

Yep, that's what scares me Rico.  I wish they wouldn't jump ship just yet, but some are.  However if they do jump ship now, once the deal is blocked (hopefully) they will all be back in a heartbeat.  But as you say at what cost and how long will it take?  Smiley Sad

Rico said

Yep, that's what scares me Rico.  I wish they wouldn't jump ship just yet, but some are.  However if they do jump ship now, once the deal is blocked (hopefully) they will all be back in a heartbeat.  But as you say at what cost and how long will it take?  Smiley Sad

101 of 189 (372 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 11:17:47 AM
(0)
Mentor

21stnow said

"AT&T might want enough to claim #1 in subscriber base, but the other 30 million T-Mobile customers could leave for all they care."

See! If this doesn't tell you how low down and dirty AT&Terrible is then I don't know what does.  21stnow, aren't you an AT&Terrible customer?  Smiley Surprised

21stnow said

"AT&T might want enough to claim #1 in subscriber base, but the other 30 million T-Mobile customers could leave for all they care."

See! If this doesn't tell you how low down and dirty AT&Terrible is then I don't know what does.  21stnow, aren't you an AT&Terrible customer?  Smiley Surprised

102 of 189 (370 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 11:21:47 AM
(0)
Professor

crystalsno wrote:

That is a risky move for TMO to consider should things not go through... but I have to say, if i were a TMO customer and as mad as they are about this deal (and from looking at the thousands of responses per minute over there on that forum),  I wouldnt be going "back" to tmo... my feeling would be, if the company sold me out, why should i go back...

crystalsno wrote:

That is a risky move for TMO to consider should things not go through... but I have to say, if i were a TMO customer and as mad as they are about this deal (and from looking at the thousands of responses per minute over there on that forum),  I wouldnt be going "back" to tmo... my feeling would be, if the company sold me out, why should i go back...

103 of 189 (365 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 11:30:20 AM
(0)
Mentor

crystalsno wrote:

Yep, that's what scares me Rico.  I wish they wouldn't jump ship just yet, but some are.  However if they do jump ship now, once the deal is blocked (hopefully) they will all be back in a heartbeat.  But as you say at what cost and how long will it take?  :smileysad:

Rico said

True, however I spent a great deal of time Monday on those boards and I only saw about 1 out of every 50 that said they felt betrayed and wouldn't be back....so it will just be a hurry up and wait game....for everyone....unfortuantely. 

I was amazed to find postings going on so fast I couldn't keep up.  I finally kicked back and counted all responses in my email box...from like 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. est, there were 66 postings in 1 hour.  That's a little more than 1 an hour.  YIKES!  Tmobiler's are, to say the least, furious. 

I'm not seeing it as a betrayal though.  They did what they did for business and I hadn't seen that they had no long term goals to keep the company afloat.  Perhaps they didn't think Tmo would become so popular and be filled with extremely faithful customers in such a short time?  Who knows.  I do know if AT&Terrible takes over, I'm gone.  If not I'll stay.  Smiley Happy

crystalsno wrote:

Yep, that's what scares me Rico.  I wish they wouldn't jump ship just yet, but some are.  However if they do jump ship now, once the deal is blocked (hopefully) they will all be back in a heartbeat.  But as you say at what cost and how long will it take?  :smileysad:

Rico said

True, however I spent a great deal of time Monday on those boards and I only saw about 1 out of every 50 that said they felt betrayed and wouldn't be back....so it will just be a hurry up and wait game....for everyone....unfortuantely. 

I was amazed to find postings going on so fast I couldn't keep up.  I finally kicked back and counted all responses in my email box...from like 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. est, there were 66 postings in 1 hour.  That's a little more than 1 an hour.  YIKES!  Tmobiler's are, to say the least, furious. 

I'm not seeing it as a betrayal though.  They did what they did for business and I hadn't seen that they had no long term goals to keep the company afloat.  Perhaps they didn't think Tmo would become so popular and be filled with extremely faithful customers in such a short time?  Who knows.  I do know if AT&Terrible takes over, I'm gone.  If not I'll stay.  Smiley Happy

104 of 189 (361 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 11:37:12 AM
(0)
Professor

crystalsno wrote:

Do you mean 1 comment per minute?   I thought i calculated even more!  I set up a generic email account and then set up a forum account just to watch the comment notification pop up on my phone,  my cell phone kept receiving notices of responses from just ONE of the discussions over there like 15 to 20 or more per minute!  Finally i had to go and dissassociate the email from the account so itwould stop filling up my phone.  Took me awhile to delete all those messages from my inbox and deleted. i mean there were over 1200 emails i had received in that short period.   I dont think our site at ATT ever had one topic  discussion buzzing like that. and we are talkinga about 1 of MANY discussions going on at Tmo,

But its totally understandable for that much activity to be going on there.

crystalsno wrote:

Do you mean 1 comment per minute?   I thought i calculated even more!  I set up a generic email account and then set up a forum account just to watch the comment notification pop up on my phone,  my cell phone kept receiving notices of responses from just ONE of the discussions over there like 15 to 20 or more per minute!  Finally i had to go and dissassociate the email from the account so itwould stop filling up my phone.  Took me awhile to delete all those messages from my inbox and deleted. i mean there were over 1200 emails i had received in that short period.   I dont think our site at ATT ever had one topic  discussion buzzing like that. and we are talkinga about 1 of MANY discussions going on at Tmo,

But its totally understandable for that much activity to be going on there.

105 of 189 (355 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 11:43:04 AM
(0)
Mentor

Yes Rico you are correct ROFLMAO!!!!  *blush...omg I proof read that bugger before I posted it too...omg let me go hide ....sheesh

Thank you for catching that Rico.  yes a little more than one per minute. OUI`  Smiley Tongue

Hmmm good point also about it could have been more.  As come to think about it that number was just the one's I posted to...ZOWIE!!!  over 1200 emails?  omg...yes you are also correct there were also so many different discussions about the deal of AT&Terrible taking over.  As I said I had a hard time keeping up with just the one's I posted to...oui`

(pssst Rico, wasn't it you that said you expected Tmo site to crash w/that much activity going on? *giggle)

Yes Rico you are correct ROFLMAO!!!!  *blush...omg I proof read that bugger before I posted it too...omg let me go hide ....sheesh

Thank you for catching that Rico.  yes a little more than one per minute. OUI`  Smiley Tongue

Hmmm good point also about it could have been more.  As come to think about it that number was just the one's I posted to...ZOWIE!!!  over 1200 emails?  omg...yes you are also correct there were also so many different discussions about the deal of AT&Terrible taking over.  As I said I had a hard time keeping up with just the one's I posted to...oui`

(pssst Rico, wasn't it you that said you expected Tmo site to crash w/that much activity going on? *giggle)

106 of 189 (354 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 11:52:45 AM
(0)
Professor

crystalsno wrote:

LOL, yep, thats exactly what i meant. That there were so much activity that the server is getting a workout just keeping up with processing all that data.  I must have tapped into one of the busier strings than you mentioned above , so that might be why our analysis were a littele different.  Yep, i definitely had to remove the email account from that logon so that it would stop flooding my poor phone.

crystalsno wrote:

LOL, yep, thats exactly what i meant. That there were so much activity that the server is getting a workout just keeping up with processing all that data.  I must have tapped into one of the busier strings than you mentioned above , so that might be why our analysis were a littele different.  Yep, i definitely had to remove the email account from that logon so that it would stop flooding my poor phone.

107 of 189 (346 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 11:58:53 AM
(0)
Mentor

There was one thread on the Tmo site that had over 2k posts at about 9:30 a.m est.  I have no idea what it is now.  Hmmm I don't recall you saying that you went over to the Tmo board yesterday though.  You could have very well done that, however I'm still reeling from everything I didn't pay attention.

There was one thread on the Tmo site that had over 2k posts at about 9:30 a.m est.  I have no idea what it is now.  Hmmm I don't recall you saying that you went over to the Tmo board yesterday though.  You could have very well done that, however I'm still reeling from everything I didn't pay attention.

108 of 189 (342 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 11:59:40 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by 21stNow on Mar 24, 2011 at 12:00:44 PM

crystalsno wrote:

21stnow said

I am an AT&T customer now, so I can see both sides of the issue theoretically.  If I lived in New York City and had AT&T service, I would be ecstatic as we will get all these new T-Mobile towers to help ease our bandwidth concerns.  This acquisition and the reprovisioning of the towers is about the fastest solution that could happen.  AT&T will look like geniuses to me.

On my T-Mobile side, there is nothing for me to gain.  Even on my AT&T side, there is still nothing for me to gain, as I live in an area where my iPhone works fine.  I don't have problems with network congestion.

I am only speculating that AT&T would be happy if most T-Mobile customers left.  If they stayed, then AT&T really isn't getting much additional bandwidth from T-Mobile, because they are also getting all of T-Mobile's customers.  The only additional bandwidth that would be gained is the amount that is currently underutilized by T-Mobile.  Since AT&T's network is currently oversaturated, the net gain would probably be close to zero.

crystalsno wrote:

21stnow said

I am an AT&T customer now, so I can see both sides of the issue theoretically.  If I lived in New York City and had AT&T service, I would be ecstatic as we will get all these new T-Mobile towers to help ease our bandwidth concerns.  This acquisition and the reprovisioning of the towers is about the fastest solution that could happen.  AT&T will look like geniuses to me.

On my T-Mobile side, there is nothing for me to gain.  Even on my AT&T side, there is still nothing for me to gain, as I live in an area where my iPhone works fine.  I don't have problems with network congestion.

I am only speculating that AT&T would be happy if most T-Mobile customers left.  If they stayed, then AT&T really isn't getting much additional bandwidth from T-Mobile, because they are also getting all of T-Mobile's customers.  The only additional bandwidth that would be gained is the amount that is currently underutilized by T-Mobile.  Since AT&T's network is currently oversaturated, the net gain would probably be close to zero.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
109 of 189 (340 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 12:04:47 PM
(0)
Professor

wingrider01 wrote:

sitnsidewayz wrote:

Evandela wrote:

Actually Crystalsno, I agree with FredW. It is indeed a done deal since both Board of Directors have approved the deal. The only thing remaning is the FCC's approval, since every big deal must go through the government regulations. But if it did not have to go through the FCC, the merge would already be taking place. Smiley Wink

Actually, an agreement is in place, a potential deal. The deal is not done until it is approved by the Feds. Let me ask you this. If the Fed shoots the agreement down, does money change hands? You can't say a deal is done if it requires certain approval and you don't have it yet.

depends on how the terms of the sale are written, there can be a contingency clause where DT would have to reimburse any and all expenses that ATT occurs if the signed sale contract is not approved by the regulatory agencies in the US and in Germany. The again no one outside of the principal parties have access to those details - these are normally on a need to know basis.

LOL. Having a contingency clause would be for just incase the deal doesn't get done. If the Feds don't approve the deal and the contingency clause kicks in, it would mean that the deal didn't get done, further proving my point.

wingrider01 wrote:

sitnsidewayz wrote:

Evandela wrote:

Actually Crystalsno, I agree with FredW. It is indeed a done deal since both Board of Directors have approved the deal. The only thing remaning is the FCC's approval, since every big deal must go through the government regulations. But if it did not have to go through the FCC, the merge would already be taking place. Smiley Wink

Actually, an agreement is in place, a potential deal. The deal is not done until it is approved by the Feds. Let me ask you this. If the Fed shoots the agreement down, does money change hands? You can't say a deal is done if it requires certain approval and you don't have it yet.

depends on how the terms of the sale are written, there can be a contingency clause where DT would have to reimburse any and all expenses that ATT occurs if the signed sale contract is not approved by the regulatory agencies in the US and in Germany. The again no one outside of the principal parties have access to those details - these are normally on a need to know basis.

LOL. Having a contingency clause would be for just incase the deal doesn't get done. If the Feds don't approve the deal and the contingency clause kicks in, it would mean that the deal didn't get done, further proving my point.

110 of 189 (336 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 2:15:51 PM
(0)
Mentor

Crystalsno -

1. There is still plenty enough competition....Sprint (one of my faves), Verizon, Boost Mobile, USCellular, Straight Talk (even though is prepaid, a lot of people have flooded to it) - As far as I know Sprint is becoming more and more popular.

2. I have read quite a bit of Tmobile's boards, as I stated, I was with Tmobile-however to be honest...this can do nothing but better the service as I had plenty enough dropped calls with Tmobile and crappy service areas just as bad as AT&T has, considering not every square inch of the planet cannot have cell phone services.

3. As plenty of people have stated before - you have a choice. Pretty much deal with it or leave. I don't forsee the deal being stopped no matter how many Tmobile customers jump ship. Again...their choice.

4. No one completely knows what is going to happen with the plans yet, everyone seems to be getting worked up over something that has not been verified yet and is only a speculation. As far as customer service, I have had crappy service and I have had good service. A lot of it is tone and demeanor. Everyone has it...just like at Wal-mart, one night a cashier smarted off to me and was very hateful...the next night, I had someone just as nice as they could be.

5. Funny you mention "control you" because no cell phone company OWNS ME. To be completely honest, everyone relies way too much on cell phones now-a-days. I KNOW that I have a choice if I choose one company or the next. I've been with Sprint...I've been with Tmobile and I have been with AT&T. Its the same crappy or excellent experience no matter where you go. Now, I don't worry about contracts....early termination fees... or petty little things such as this. I am currently with Straight Talk - I do not have any of these problems nor am I ever owned by a cell phone company.

Thank god I do not have a contract to worry about or petty "name switches" to worry about.

Sincerely,

Never been prouder to be prepaid.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

Crystalsno -

1. There is still plenty enough competition....Sprint (one of my faves), Verizon, Boost Mobile, USCellular, Straight Talk (even though is prepaid, a lot of people have flooded to it) - As far as I know Sprint is becoming more and more popular.

2. I have read quite a bit of Tmobile's boards, as I stated, I was with Tmobile-however to be honest...this can do nothing but better the service as I had plenty enough dropped calls with Tmobile and crappy service areas just as bad as AT&T has, considering not every square inch of the planet cannot have cell phone services.

3. As plenty of people have stated before - you have a choice. Pretty much deal with it or leave. I don't forsee the deal being stopped no matter how many Tmobile customers jump ship. Again...their choice.

4. No one completely knows what is going to happen with the plans yet, everyone seems to be getting worked up over something that has not been verified yet and is only a speculation. As far as customer service, I have had crappy service and I have had good service. A lot of it is tone and demeanor. Everyone has it...just like at Wal-mart, one night a cashier smarted off to me and was very hateful...the next night, I had someone just as nice as they could be.

5. Funny you mention "control you" because no cell phone company OWNS ME. To be completely honest, everyone relies way too much on cell phones now-a-days. I KNOW that I have a choice if I choose one company or the next. I've been with Sprint...I've been with Tmobile and I have been with AT&T. Its the same crappy or excellent experience no matter where you go. Now, I don't worry about contracts....early termination fees... or petty little things such as this. I am currently with Straight Talk - I do not have any of these problems nor am I ever owned by a cell phone company.

Thank god I do not have a contract to worry about or petty "name switches" to worry about.

Sincerely,

Never been prouder to be prepaid.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

Re: AT&T, Please Go Away

111 of 189 (280 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 3:51:16 PM
(0)
Mentor

Meradoll

Yes, I'm fully aware there are PLENTY of other fish in the sea, and I plan on heading to one of 2 companies I've already checked out IF the deal goes through.  We as consumers may not be able to block this deal, however the FCC and the DOJ certainly can.  We (the tomobilers and whomever else decided to jump on the band wagon), certainly flooded the FCC's and the DOJ's email boxes with emails that showed us against this deal AND that IF AT&Terrible was able to buy Tmobile they would own 3/4 of the U.S. cell phone provider service and that would be like a duopoly (not actually as that would be between 2 companies but I'm talking basically between the TOP 2 companies), which would be against a regulation that the FCC themselves made back in 1980 I believe that prevented that very type of ownership from happening to protect the consumers. 

I'm sorry you had a lot of dropped calls with Tmo, and you state that you also did with AT&Terrible.  I'm assuming since you have done so with BOTH companies that no matter which provider you chose you'd have that same problem because of where you are located.  Soooo that being said, how can you say that "this can do nothing but better the service...?"  That actually has nothing to do with it if you had both providers and you still experienced dropped calls.  I'm a bit lost on that one.  (For the record, I've had about 5 dropped calls with Tmo and that was back about 9 years ago, since then nada.  No I do not live in a large city.  I live in a small town and the ONLY place I don't have a signal is out in the country far away from any town's, and cell towers).

Yep, we do have quite a few choices actually.  We can stay and fight and hope that the deal will be blocked.  We can wait and see if the deal is blocked.  We can leave now long before anything happens as soon as our contracts expire.  We can leave directly after AT&Terrible takes over.  We can "wait and see" how things go after AT&Terrible takes over...we have plenty of options.  I, personally, have until January of next year before my contract expires and as you've heard me clearly state, if it's announced that the deal goes through, I will not be renewing, and I will head over to 1 of 2 companies I've already started to research. 

We are quite upset over a HUGE something.  Our lives will forever change, and it's predicted for the WORST.  Since you've read the Tmo boards, you KNOW that the majority of them are EX AT&Terrible customers that RAN to Tmo after horrible service and constant price increases from AT&Terrible.  So for you to say " alot of it is tone and demeanor," then you are saying that 90% of Tmo's customers mis understood AT&Terrible's cust serv reps?  I think not. 

To control is to in a way own.  Once you sign a contract with AT&Terrible, they in a sense DO control you because THEY decide which phones to allow you to choose, THEY choose to give increases, THEY choose how many mins on a plan, THEY choose how many texts, family members etc, THEY choose the pricing, THEY THEY THEY....what do you get to choose?  If you stay and play their game or leave and pay one heck of a hefty ETF.  Hmmmm kinda looks like they are in control to me.  Since you don't worry about what you feel are "petty little things such as this."  then why is it you are making such a stink about us Tmobiler's making such a stink?   Some need contracts, and don't have time to keep adding mins etc on  Straight talk and WE HAVE to worry about "all those pesky little things."  ETF's are usually around $200 - $300+ on top of any fee's for breaking contracts.  Those are NOT "little things" I assure you. Smiley Happy

Meradoll

Yes, I'm fully aware there are PLENTY of other fish in the sea, and I plan on heading to one of 2 companies I've already checked out IF the deal goes through.  We as consumers may not be able to block this deal, however the FCC and the DOJ certainly can.  We (the tomobilers and whomever else decided to jump on the band wagon), certainly flooded the FCC's and the DOJ's email boxes with emails that showed us against this deal AND that IF AT&Terrible was able to buy Tmobile they would own 3/4 of the U.S. cell phone provider service and that would be like a duopoly (not actually as that would be between 2 companies but I'm talking basically between the TOP 2 companies), which would be against a regulation that the FCC themselves made back in 1980 I believe that prevented that very type of ownership from happening to protect the consumers. 

I'm sorry you had a lot of dropped calls with Tmo, and you state that you also did with AT&Terrible.  I'm assuming since you have done so with BOTH companies that no matter which provider you chose you'd have that same problem because of where you are located.  Soooo that being said, how can you say that "this can do nothing but better the service...?"  That actually has nothing to do with it if you had both providers and you still experienced dropped calls.  I'm a bit lost on that one.  (For the record, I've had about 5 dropped calls with Tmo and that was back about 9 years ago, since then nada.  No I do not live in a large city.  I live in a small town and the ONLY place I don't have a signal is out in the country far away from any town's, and cell towers).

Yep, we do have quite a few choices actually.  We can stay and fight and hope that the deal will be blocked.  We can wait and see if the deal is blocked.  We can leave now long before anything happens as soon as our contracts expire.  We can leave directly after AT&Terrible takes over.  We can "wait and see" how things go after AT&Terrible takes over...we have plenty of options.  I, personally, have until January of next year before my contract expires and as you've heard me clearly state, if it's announced that the deal goes through, I will not be renewing, and I will head over to 1 of 2 companies I've already started to research. 

We are quite upset over a HUGE something.  Our lives will forever change, and it's predicted for the WORST.  Since you've read the Tmo boards, you KNOW that the majority of them are EX AT&Terrible customers that RAN to Tmo after horrible service and constant price increases from AT&Terrible.  So for you to say " alot of it is tone and demeanor," then you are saying that 90% of Tmo's customers mis understood AT&Terrible's cust serv reps?  I think not. 

To control is to in a way own.  Once you sign a contract with AT&Terrible, they in a sense DO control you because THEY decide which phones to allow you to choose, THEY choose to give increases, THEY choose how many mins on a plan, THEY choose how many texts, family members etc, THEY choose the pricing, THEY THEY THEY....what do you get to choose?  If you stay and play their game or leave and pay one heck of a hefty ETF.  Hmmmm kinda looks like they are in control to me.  Since you don't worry about what you feel are "petty little things such as this."  then why is it you are making such a stink about us Tmobiler's making such a stink?   Some need contracts, and don't have time to keep adding mins etc on  Straight talk and WE HAVE to worry about "all those pesky little things."  ETF's are usually around $200 - $300+ on top of any fee's for breaking contracts.  Those are NOT "little things" I assure you. Smiley Happy

Re: AT&T, Please Go Away

112 of 189 (261 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 4:06:06 PM
(0)
Expert

21stNow wrote:

The towers, noc centers, maintenance agreements, exclusive model contracts and the various waivers for the towers - aka the infrastructure is what is the prime rib of this deal. It is definately cheaper to purchase existing infrastruture then to go through all the legal rigamarole to be to build it out, why re-invent the wheel when it is already there

Sources are stating that while it will be a long process to the end but the outcome will likely be in ATT's favor for the sale. The waves from the announcement are rippling out as the days progress. Investment banking firms are set to make a fortune on the sale - not to mention stock holders of both carriers

http://www.foxbusiness.com/industries/2011/03/21/banks-cash-att-deal/

Sprint is going to be the biggest loser when the deal goes through, they still have not recovered from the disaster of the Nextel merger.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/2011/03/22/t-mobile-sale-sends-sprint-scrambling/

The obtaining of the approval of the regulators is going to be a long battle, but pretty much suspect that it will go through in about a year or so. One of the concessions that ATT may offer is to divest itself of towers and infrstructure in the rural areas to the lower tier carriers for a fraction of their true market value, this has been done before for approval, I think the most recent was the AllTel acquistion in North dakota by ATT. 

Given that the current political power is pushing for "low cost broadband for the masses" the pot can additionally be sweetened by ATT entering into a agreement to provide low cost high speed bandwidth for the rural home users and one of the concessions of the sale being agreed to, a lot of that infrastructue iss already in place, it just requires the investment into the CO's and vrads.

You can bet the approval will not be rubber stamped, it is going to be a long uphill battle for both ATT and T-Mobile with the regulatory agencies, but there are numerous concessions thsat can be made on both sides to help push the approval along - after all concession are past of the soul of any major investment / sale, not to mentioned politics - and this will be major politics for all parties involved, the lobbyists are going ot be out in force for this

Given the enormous amounts of capital that can be made not only on the original sale but on the trickle down effects to the investment bankers and the stock holders of both carriers. 

21stNow wrote:

The towers, noc centers, maintenance agreements, exclusive model contracts and the various waivers for the towers - aka the infrastructure is what is the prime rib of this deal. It is definately cheaper to purchase existing infrastruture then to go through all the legal rigamarole to be to build it out, why re-invent the wheel when it is already there

Sources are stating that while it will be a long process to the end but the outcome will likely be in ATT's favor for the sale. The waves from the announcement are rippling out as the days progress. Investment banking firms are set to make a fortune on the sale - not to mention stock holders of both carriers

http://www.foxbusiness.com/industries/2011/03/21/banks-cash-att-deal/

Sprint is going to be the biggest loser when the deal goes through, they still have not recovered from the disaster of the Nextel merger.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/2011/03/22/t-mobile-sale-sends-sprint-scrambling/

The obtaining of the approval of the regulators is going to be a long battle, but pretty much suspect that it will go through in about a year or so. One of the concessions that ATT may offer is to divest itself of towers and infrstructure in the rural areas to the lower tier carriers for a fraction of their true market value, this has been done before for approval, I think the most recent was the AllTel acquistion in North dakota by ATT. 

Given that the current political power is pushing for "low cost broadband for the masses" the pot can additionally be sweetened by ATT entering into a agreement to provide low cost high speed bandwidth for the rural home users and one of the concessions of the sale being agreed to, a lot of that infrastructue iss already in place, it just requires the investment into the CO's and vrads.

You can bet the approval will not be rubber stamped, it is going to be a long uphill battle for both ATT and T-Mobile with the regulatory agencies, but there are numerous concessions thsat can be made on both sides to help push the approval along - after all concession are past of the soul of any major investment / sale, not to mentioned politics - and this will be major politics for all parties involved, the lobbyists are going ot be out in force for this

Given the enormous amounts of capital that can be made not only on the original sale but on the trickle down effects to the investment bankers and the stock holders of both carriers. 

113 of 189 (257 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 4:14:27 PM
(0)
Expert

crystalsno wrote:

Rico said

you really don't seem to realize that this deal is not primarily about the customer base, it is about the low cost acquistion of the infrastructure. The harsh truth of the matter - the towers and infrastructure are worth a lot more then the existing customer base to any carrier.  A new customer base can be rebuilt in a lot less time then it takes to build out or improve the infrastructure.

crystalsno wrote:

Rico said

you really don't seem to realize that this deal is not primarily about the customer base, it is about the low cost acquistion of the infrastructure. The harsh truth of the matter - the towers and infrastructure are worth a lot more then the existing customer base to any carrier.  A new customer base can be rebuilt in a lot less time then it takes to build out or improve the infrastructure.

114 of 189 (253 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 4:17:27 PM
(0)
Expert

sitnsidewayz wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

sitnsidewayz wrote:

Evandela wrote:

you do realize that contingency clauses are pretty much standard in all large acquistion contracts, especially those that require a political entities to decide on. Heck they are even in lowly morgage contacts

sitnsidewayz wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

sitnsidewayz wrote:

Evandela wrote:

you do realize that contingency clauses are pretty much standard in all large acquistion contracts, especially those that require a political entities to decide on. Heck they are even in lowly morgage contacts

115 of 189 (252 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 4:18:31 PM
(0)
Mentor

Quite frankly Wingrider I honestly don't care what it's about.  I, and many others, just want to be left alone to enjoy our nice quiet ride on the Tmobile EXCELLENT express.  Smiley Happy

But um it appears that you seem to know all about why AT&T has done this deal.  I wonder if you secretly work for AT&T and are posting on here to try to turn me and others like me that bravely wander over here to "spy" on you?  *saying in the evil mini me voice MWWAAAHHHAAAAAAAAA

Quite frankly Wingrider I honestly don't care what it's about.  I, and many others, just want to be left alone to enjoy our nice quiet ride on the Tmobile EXCELLENT express.  Smiley Happy

But um it appears that you seem to know all about why AT&T has done this deal.  I wonder if you secretly work for AT&T and are posting on here to try to turn me and others like me that bravely wander over here to "spy" on you?  *saying in the evil mini me voice MWWAAAHHHAAAAAAAAA

116 of 189 (251 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 4:26:39 PM
(0)
Expert

crystalsno wrote:

believe what you want to believe, it is wrong. I do not work for ATT, while my company has done contract work for them in teh past,  the contracts where not amiable to my company so I decided not to renew them and move to more financially appealing areas of development and support. Although I do have to remark that THS syndrom seems to be rampart in your responses.

No matter what silver cloud you want to believe in - At the end of the day - it is the infrastructure that counts as the prime rib of this acquistion, customer base can be rebuilt a lot faster then infrastructute -

crystalsno wrote:

believe what you want to believe, it is wrong. I do not work for ATT, while my company has done contract work for them in teh past,  the contracts where not amiable to my company so I decided not to renew them and move to more financially appealing areas of development and support. Although I do have to remark that THS syndrom seems to be rampart in your responses.

No matter what silver cloud you want to believe in - At the end of the day - it is the infrastructure that counts as the prime rib of this acquistion, customer base can be rebuilt a lot faster then infrastructute -

117 of 189 (237 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 4:29:52 PM
(0)
Professor
....ouch...
....ouch...

118 of 189 (233 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 4:36:32 PM
(0)
Professor
Wingman wrote
seem to realize that this deal is not primarily about the customer base, it is about the low cost acquistion of the infrastructure. The harsh truth of the matter -the towers and infrastructure are worth a lot more then the existing customer base to any carrier. A new customer base can be rebuilt in a lot less time then it takes to build out or improve the infrastructure.

Thats exactly what the comment was about, ATT has all that (abandoned customers) built into their figures. They want the network primarily. The customerbase would be nice but for ATT, that would be a bonus
Wingman wrote
seem to realize that this deal is not primarily about the customer base, it is about the low cost acquistion of the infrastructure. The harsh truth of the matter -the towers and infrastructure are worth a lot more then the existing customer base to any carrier. A new customer base can be rebuilt in a lot less time then it takes to build out or improve the infrastructure.

Thats exactly what the comment was about, ATT has all that (abandoned customers) built into their figures. They want the network primarily. The customerbase would be nice but for ATT, that would be a bonus

119 of 189 (226 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 4:41:09 PM
(0)
Mentor

Wingrider wrote:

ROFL!  Um Wingrider, I was kidding about you secretly working for AT&T.  Lighten up will ya?  I'm not the enemy nor do I think ya'll are the enemy.  I do not like AT&T and all it stands for.  I'm here for debate and to voice my opinion and learn some things. (wow am I a broken record? Could be) Smiley Happy

As for my responses having THS syndrom (I thought it was syndrome? but I could be wrong lol) um IS THERE A TRANSLATOR IN THE HOUSE?  Smiley Happy

I think Wingrider needs a great big ol` hug!  *GROUP HUG Smiley Happy

Wingrider wrote:

ROFL!  Um Wingrider, I was kidding about you secretly working for AT&T.  Lighten up will ya?  I'm not the enemy nor do I think ya'll are the enemy.  I do not like AT&T and all it stands for.  I'm here for debate and to voice my opinion and learn some things. (wow am I a broken record? Could be) Smiley Happy

As for my responses having THS syndrom (I thought it was syndrome? but I could be wrong lol) um IS THERE A TRANSLATOR IN THE HOUSE?  Smiley Happy

I think Wingrider needs a great big ol` hug!  *GROUP HUG Smiley Happy

120 of 189 (225 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments