can this be true att buying tmobile?

Guru

can this be true att buying tmobile?

Message 1 of 189 (4,391 Views)
Professor

Re: can this be true att buying tmobile?

The Wild Banchi unleashes. You have to know that Wild Banchi is one of the nocest and totally helpful person whose forum comments have always done nothing but help and compliment others. WB's initial comment in this discussion proves so. The under a rock comment was a little too much.
Message 61 of 189 (405 Views)
Master

RicoLX wrote:
The Wild Banchi unleashes. You have to know that Wild Banchi is one of the nocest and totally helpful person whose forum comments have always done nothing but help and compliment others. WB's initial comment in this discussion proves so. The under a rock comment was a little too much.

Well, thank you, RicoLX. Smiley Happy I'm glad to see that someone appreciates my comments and help. But are you talking about my response to the "under a rock" comment, or crystalno's initial comment which she wrongfully "assumed" on my behalf?

I don't think anybody should ever to say that to anyone. It is just completely rude...

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 62 of 189 (400 Views)
Professor

Lol, yes I was referring to she callling you under a rock was too much. Now you didnt think I was referring to you as saying it was too much did you Smiley Very Happy
Message 63 of 189 (397 Views)
Master

RicoLX wrote:
Lol, yes I was referring to she callling you under a rock was too much. Now you didnt think I was referring to you as saying it was too much did you Smiley Very Happy

I did at first, but then re-read your post. I just had to clarify to make sure! Smiley Wink It's nice to see this topic cool down a little. But it will probably start boiling back over again fairly soon... Smiley Indifferent

You have a little surprise coming your way on post #995... Smiley Wink

Message 64 of 189 (389 Views)
Professor

Wild Banchi I second the nice and helpful comments about you, avatar twin!

Message 65 of 189 (386 Views)
Professor

Pleased to meet you 21! So, you and Wild Banchi are 'alter egos'¿ WByou know we always got your back! I think its gonna heat up soon too. The quiet b4 the storm. Smiley Very Happy Hey what about #995?
Message 66 of 189 (374 Views)
Master

21stNow wrote:

Wild Banchi I second the nice and helpful comments about you, avatar twin!

Thank you for taking the time to respond, 21st Now, especially in such a good way! I really do appreciate it. When I read that, a smile actually did creep across my face. Smiley Happy Thank you, "avatar twin"! Smiley Wink

You also have a little "surprise". Smiley Wink

Message 67 of 189 (374 Views)
Master

RicoLX wrote:
Pleased to meet you 21! So, you and Wild Banchi are 'alter egos'¿ WByou know we always got your back! I think its gonna heat up soon too. The quiet b4 the storm. Smiley Very Happy Hey what about #995?

Thanks for having my back, RicoLX. I knew I could rely on you. 21stNow seems to be at my side, also. Smiley Happy

Our "Forumship" goes a while back in the "HTC" Board where when I was a "Czar" and 21stNow was that same color only not bolded. I had mistaken his/her name as my own, and I was reading the post that he/she managed to post, and I had thought, "I don't remember posting this...?" But then I looked up and saw that it was the "21stNow" name I was looking at instead of my own. We have the same avatar and everything. Smiley Very Happy

But maybe this, would help you to further understand what I meant? http://forums.att.com/t5/kudos/messagepage/board-id/customercare/message-id/173347/tab/all-users

Message 68 of 189 (367 Views)
Professor

Wow WB you are so full of surprises! Lol, I had no idea what 995 meant. I really do appreciate that! How nice of you Smiley Very Happy
Message 69 of 189 (363 Views)
Professor

Thanks for the Kudos Wild Banchi!

For future reference I am a "she"!

So that I can keep it on topic somewhat, I am sad that AT&T is buying T-Mobile. Smiley Sad

Message 70 of 189 (359 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

sitnsidewayz wrote:

Evandela wrote:

Actually Crystalsno, I agree with FredW. It is indeed a done deal since both Board of Directors have approved the deal. The only thing remaning is the FCC's approval, since every big deal must go through the government regulations. But if it did not have to go through the FCC, the merge would already be taking place. Smiley Wink

Actually, an agreement is in place, a potential deal. The deal is not done until it is approved by the Feds. Let me ask you this. If the Fed shoots the agreement down, does money change hands? You can't say a deal is done if it requires certain approval and you don't have it yet.

^I stand corrected lol. Smiley Happy A potential deal I should say then. Smiley Happy

~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 71 of 189 (374 Views)
Master

21stNow wrote:

So that I can keep it on topic somewhat, I am sad that AT&T is buying T-Mobile. Smiley Sad

You're both very welcome. I had thought you were a "she", 21stNow, but I wasn't completely sure. Sorry for the slight confusion. Smiley Wink

In other words, why are you discouraged about the buyout? Because T-Mobile customers were forced against their own will to either transition to AT&T, or, as CLEARLY stated numerous times, to switch carriers and cancel their contracts and service with T-Mobile?

Message 72 of 189 (354 Views)
Professor

Wild Banchi wrote:

21stNow wrote:

You're both very welcome. I had thought you were a "she", 21stNow, but I wasn't completely sure. Sorry for the slight confusion. Smiley Wink

In other words, why are you discouraged about the buyout? Because T-Mobile customers were forced against their own will to either transition to AT&T, or, as CLEARLY stated numerous times, to switch carriers and cancel their contracts and service with T-Mobile?

LOL i thought 21stNOW was a he too, i guess it doesnt matter , but nice to know when speaking about someone in the 3rd person tense (or is it 2nd person? maybe "21stNow person?"....)  I was with ATT in 2005 when Cingular took over the wireless, but i think it was an att initiated move because they then wanted to sever the wirless services (but could be wrong).  I remember kicking and scratching into cingular and eventually dropping my service because of prior cingular experience. BUT , when i saw that ATT was coming  back, i jumped on it and probably will be here for a good number of years . i am happy with  my plan.  I would think Tmobile customers will  benefit by larger coverage area than what they had wiht Tmobile.  As far as pricing, i am sure there will be some adjustments as new packages get designed to accomodae both users but thats over a year or two away, im not sure why tmobilers wont take the transition period to get acquainted rather than think quickly to abandon.

Message 73 of 189 (346 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

sitnsidewayz wrote:

Evandela wrote:

Actually Crystalsno, I agree with FredW. It is indeed a done deal since both Board of Directors have approved the deal. The only thing remaning is the FCC's approval, since every big deal must go through the government regulations. But if it did not have to go through the FCC, the merge would already be taking place. Smiley Wink

Actually, an agreement is in place, a potential deal. The deal is not done until it is approved by the Feds. Let me ask you this. If the Fed shoots the agreement down, does money change hands? You can't say a deal is done if it requires certain approval and you don't have it yet.

depends on how the terms of the sale are written, there can be a contingency clause where DT would have to reimburse any and all expenses that ATT occurs if the signed sale contract is not approved by the regulatory agencies in the US and in Germany. The again no one outside of the principal parties have access to those details - these are normally on a need to know basis.

Message 74 of 189 (350 Views)
Professor

Thats going into semantics and 'need to know basis' that doesnt change the bottom line fact that as far as

ATT-Mobile are concerened , between the two principal parties, the deal is done. 

Next Phase: FCC approval. clear and simple.

Message 75 of 189 (336 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.