View all replies
(188)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2011 6:46:23 PM
(0)
Professor
The Wild Banchi unleashes. You have to know that Wild Banchi is one of the nocest and totally helpful person whose forum comments have always done nothing but help and compliment others. WB's initial comment in this discussion proves so. The under a rock comment was a little too much.
The Wild Banchi unleashes. You have to know that Wild Banchi is one of the nocest and totally helpful person whose forum comments have always done nothing but help and compliment others. WB's initial comment in this discussion proves so. The under a rock comment was a little too much.
Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)

Re: can this be true att buying tmobile?

61 of 189 (371 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2011 6:51:00 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

RicoLX wrote:

Well, thank you, RicoLX. Smiley Happy I'm glad to see that someone appreciates my comments and help. But are you talking about my response to the "under a rock" comment, or crystalno's initial comment which she wrongfully "assumed" on my behalf?

I don't think anybody should ever to say that to anyone. It is just completely rude...

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

RicoLX wrote:

Well, thank you, RicoLX. Smiley Happy I'm glad to see that someone appreciates my comments and help. But are you talking about my response to the "under a rock" comment, or crystalno's initial comment which she wrongfully "assumed" on my behalf?

I don't think anybody should ever to say that to anyone. It is just completely rude...

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

62 of 189 (366 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2011 6:56:15 PM
(0)
Professor
Lol, yes I was referring to she callling you under a rock was too much. Now you didnt think I was referring to you as saying it was too much did you Smiley Very Happy
Lol, yes I was referring to she callling you under a rock was too much. Now you didnt think I was referring to you as saying it was too much did you Smiley Very Happy

63 of 189 (363 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2011 7:05:20 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

RicoLX wrote:

I did at first, but then re-read your post. I just had to clarify to make sure! Smiley Wink It's nice to see this topic cool down a little. But it will probably start boiling back over again fairly soon... Smiley Indifferent

You have a little surprise coming your way on post #995... Smiley Wink

RicoLX wrote:

I did at first, but then re-read your post. I just had to clarify to make sure! Smiley Wink It's nice to see this topic cool down a little. But it will probably start boiling back over again fairly soon... Smiley Indifferent

You have a little surprise coming your way on post #995... Smiley Wink

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

64 of 189 (355 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2011 7:06:04 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Wild Banchi I second the nice and helpful comments about you, avatar twin!

65 of 189 (352 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2011 7:23:34 PM
(0)
Professor
Pleased to meet you 21! So, you and Wild Banchi are 'alter egos'¿ WByou know we always got your back! I think its gonna heat up soon too. The quiet b4 the storm. Smiley Very Happy Hey what about #995?
Pleased to meet you 21! So, you and Wild Banchi are 'alter egos'¿ WByou know we always got your back! I think its gonna heat up soon too. The quiet b4 the storm. Smiley Very Happy Hey what about #995?

66 of 189 (340 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2011 7:24:59 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

21stNow wrote:

Thank you for taking the time to respond, 21st Now, especially in such a good way! I really do appreciate it. When I read that, a smile actually did creep across my face. Smiley Happy Thank you, "avatar twin"! Smiley Wink

You also have a little "surprise". Smiley Wink

21stNow wrote:

Thank you for taking the time to respond, 21st Now, especially in such a good way! I really do appreciate it. When I read that, a smile actually did creep across my face. Smiley Happy Thank you, "avatar twin"! Smiley Wink

You also have a little "surprise". Smiley Wink

67 of 189 (340 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2011 7:32:17 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

RicoLX wrote:

Thanks for having my back, RicoLX. I knew I could rely on you. 21stNow seems to be at my side, also. Smiley Happy

Our "Forumship" goes a while back in the "HTC" Board where when I was a "Czar" and 21stNow was that same color only not bolded. I had mistaken his/her name as my own, and I was reading the post that he/she managed to post, and I had thought, "I don't remember posting this...?" But then I looked up and saw that it was the "21stNow" name I was looking at instead of my own. We have the same avatar and everything. Smiley Very Happy

But maybe this, would help you to further understand what I meant? http://forums.att.com/t5/kudos/messagepage/board-id/customercare/message-id/173347/tab/all-users

RicoLX wrote:

Thanks for having my back, RicoLX. I knew I could rely on you. 21stNow seems to be at my side, also. Smiley Happy

Our "Forumship" goes a while back in the "HTC" Board where when I was a "Czar" and 21stNow was that same color only not bolded. I had mistaken his/her name as my own, and I was reading the post that he/she managed to post, and I had thought, "I don't remember posting this...?" But then I looked up and saw that it was the "21stNow" name I was looking at instead of my own. We have the same avatar and everything. Smiley Very Happy

But maybe this, would help you to further understand what I meant? http://forums.att.com/t5/kudos/messagepage/board-id/customercare/message-id/173347/tab/all-users

68 of 189 (333 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2011 7:40:10 PM
(0)
Professor
Wow WB you are so full of surprises! Lol, I had no idea what 995 meant. I really do appreciate that! How nice of you Smiley Very Happy
Wow WB you are so full of surprises! Lol, I had no idea what 995 meant. I really do appreciate that! How nice of you Smiley Very Happy

69 of 189 (329 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2011 7:46:51 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Thanks for the Kudos Wild Banchi!

For future reference I am a "she"!

So that I can keep it on topic somewhat, I am sad that AT&T is buying T-Mobile. Smiley Sad

So that I can keep it on topic somewhat, I am sad that AT&T is buying T-Mobile. Smiley Sad

70 of 189 (325 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2011 8:36:42 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

sitnsidewayz wrote:

Evandela wrote:

Actually Crystalsno, I agree with FredW. It is indeed a done deal since both Board of Directors have approved the deal. The only thing remaning is the FCC's approval, since every big deal must go through the government regulations. But if it did not have to go through the FCC, the merge would already be taking place. Smiley Wink

Actually, an agreement is in place, a potential deal. The deal is not done until it is approved by the Feds. Let me ask you this. If the Fed shoots the agreement down, does money change hands? You can't say a deal is done if it requires certain approval and you don't have it yet.

^I stand corrected lol. Smiley Happy A potential deal I should say then. Smiley Happy

~Sunshine Smiley Happy

sitnsidewayz wrote:

Evandela wrote:

Actually Crystalsno, I agree with FredW. It is indeed a done deal since both Board of Directors have approved the deal. The only thing remaning is the FCC's approval, since every big deal must go through the government regulations. But if it did not have to go through the FCC, the merge would already be taking place. Smiley Wink

Actually, an agreement is in place, a potential deal. The deal is not done until it is approved by the Feds. Let me ask you this. If the Fed shoots the agreement down, does money change hands? You can't say a deal is done if it requires certain approval and you don't have it yet.

^I stand corrected lol. Smiley Happy A potential deal I should say then. Smiley Happy

~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)

71 of 189 (340 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 3:06:18 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

21stNow wrote:

You're both very welcome. I had thought you were a "she", 21stNow, but I wasn't completely sure. Sorry for the slight confusion. Smiley Wink

In other words, why are you discouraged about the buyout? Because T-Mobile customers were forced against their own will to either transition to AT&T, or, as CLEARLY stated numerous times, to switch carriers and cancel their contracts and service with T-Mobile?

21stNow wrote:

You're both very welcome. I had thought you were a "she", 21stNow, but I wasn't completely sure. Sorry for the slight confusion. Smiley Wink

In other words, why are you discouraged about the buyout? Because T-Mobile customers were forced against their own will to either transition to AT&T, or, as CLEARLY stated numerous times, to switch carriers and cancel their contracts and service with T-Mobile?

72 of 189 (320 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 3:20:56 AM
(0)
Professor

Wild Banchi wrote:

21stNow wrote:

LOL i thought 21stNOW was a he too, i guess it doesnt matter , but nice to know when speaking about someone in the 3rd person tense (or is it 2nd person? maybe "21stNow person?"....)  I was with ATT in 2005 when Cingular took over the wireless, but i think it was an att initiated move because they then wanted to sever the wirless services (but could be wrong).  I remember kicking and scratching into cingular and eventually dropping my service because of prior cingular experience. BUT , when i saw that ATT was coming  back, i jumped on it and probably will be here for a good number of years . i am happy with  my plan.  I would think Tmobile customers will  benefit by larger coverage area than what they had wiht Tmobile.  As far as pricing, i am sure there will be some adjustments as new packages get designed to accomodae both users but thats over a year or two away, im not sure why tmobilers wont take the transition period to get acquainted rather than think quickly to abandon.

Wild Banchi wrote:

21stNow wrote:

LOL i thought 21stNOW was a he too, i guess it doesnt matter , but nice to know when speaking about someone in the 3rd person tense (or is it 2nd person? maybe "21stNow person?"....)  I was with ATT in 2005 when Cingular took over the wireless, but i think it was an att initiated move because they then wanted to sever the wirless services (but could be wrong).  I remember kicking and scratching into cingular and eventually dropping my service because of prior cingular experience. BUT , when i saw that ATT was coming  back, i jumped on it and probably will be here for a good number of years . i am happy with  my plan.  I would think Tmobile customers will  benefit by larger coverage area than what they had wiht Tmobile.  As far as pricing, i am sure there will be some adjustments as new packages get designed to accomodae both users but thats over a year or two away, im not sure why tmobilers wont take the transition period to get acquainted rather than think quickly to abandon.

73 of 189 (312 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 3:21:22 AM
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on Mar 24, 2011 at 3:22:55 AM

sitnsidewayz wrote:

Evandela wrote:

depends on how the terms of the sale are written, there can be a contingency clause where DT would have to reimburse any and all expenses that ATT occurs if the signed sale contract is not approved by the regulatory agencies in the US and in Germany. The again no one outside of the principal parties have access to those details - these are normally on a need to know basis.

sitnsidewayz wrote:

Evandela wrote:

depends on how the terms of the sale are written, there can be a contingency clause where DT would have to reimburse any and all expenses that ATT occurs if the signed sale contract is not approved by the regulatory agencies in the US and in Germany. The again no one outside of the principal parties have access to those details - these are normally on a need to know basis.

[ Edited ]
74 of 189 (316 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 3:58:25 AM
(0)
Professor

Thats going into semantics and 'need to know basis' that doesnt change the bottom line fact that as far as

ATT-Mobile are concerened , between the two principal parties, the deal is done. 

Next Phase: FCC approval. clear and simple.

Thats going into semantics and 'need to know basis' that doesnt change the bottom line fact that as far as

ATT-Mobile are concerened , between the two principal parties, the deal is done. 

Next Phase: FCC approval. clear and simple.

75 of 189 (302 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 6:36:09 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Wild Banchi, you can see my two responses here to see why I liked T-Mobile for my Android phones.

Wild Banchi, you can see my two responses here to see why I liked T-Mobile for my Android phones.

76 of 189 (289 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 6:49:43 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Yes, I had just come across that topic/your posts about two hours ago, and I had posted in here before I had seen either. It would be very nice to see a customer or experience it yourself being treated like a family member. I know I sure would like that. Knowing a customer by name is even better, as it shows that they truly do care about you and would like to make sure you are satisfied with what you're paying for. Sad to say, it doesn't seem like AT&T employees treat their customers in that special manner, although I have seen a few nice employees in my time.

Yes, I had just come across that topic/your posts about two hours ago, and I had posted in here before I had seen either. It would be very nice to see a customer or experience it yourself being treated like a family member. I know I sure would like that. Knowing a customer by name is even better, as it shows that they truly do care about you and would like to make sure you are satisfied with what you're paying for. Sad to say, it doesn't seem like AT&T employees treat their customers in that special manner, although I have seen a few nice employees in my time.

77 of 189 (283 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 8:09:07 AM
(0)
Mentor

Rico...you crack me up!  LOL

Rico...you crack me up!  LOL

Re: can this be true att buying tmobile? ***RIGHT SAID FRED****

78 of 189 (270 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 8:15:17 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by Glomag on Mar 24, 2011 at 8:44:39 AM

Wingrider  I said "they WILL control....."  not they DO...Ugh...Meaning IF the deal goes through.  That's another reason why there is such controversy surrounding this deal. 

Since your not willing to go to the Tmobile site, even just to see for yourself how many of tmobile's customers will jump ship if the deal goes through.

Wingrider  I said "they WILL control....."  not they DO...Ugh...Meaning IF the deal goes through.  That's another reason why there is such controversy surrounding this deal. 

Since your not willing to go to the Tmobile site, even just to see for yourself how many of tmobile's customers will jump ship if the deal goes through.

[ Edited ]
79 of 189 (267 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 8:27:12 AM
(0)
Mentor

Thank you Sitnsidewayz!  Another voice of  reason and a person that see's it as I do.  Smiley Happy

Thank you Sitnsidewayz!  Another voice of  reason and a person that see's it as I do.  Smiley Happy

80 of 189 (258 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 8:34:05 AM
(0)
Mentor

Wild Banchi, I'm sorry if I offended you.  I get so passionate in my debates sometimes I do tend to go overboard.  Smiley Happy

I will try my best to be one of the first to come back here after we all find out if the deal goes through or not just to be able to say...I TOLD YOU SO!!!  Smiley Happy 

And thank you for debating with me Smiley Happy

Wild Banchi, I'm sorry if I offended you.  I get so passionate in my debates sometimes I do tend to go overboard.  Smiley Happy

I will try my best to be one of the first to come back here after we all find out if the deal goes through or not just to be able to say...I TOLD YOU SO!!!  Smiley Happy 

Re: AT&T, Please Go Away

81 of 189 (330 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 8:39:59 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

crystalsno wrote:

It's alright, I suppose...

And you're...welcome? Smiley Very Happy

crystalsno wrote:

It's alright, I suppose...

And you're...welcome? Smiley Very Happy

82 of 189 (327 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 8:45:38 AM
(0)
Professor
Thats a very nice post! I can sorta see that the expression "under a rock" for example could be taken as friendly "are u kidding me" type expression we use with our pals like when I say to my best friend when I dont believe him about something I would say..."man, are u crazy?!..." Then continue. Now I know my buddy isnt crazy (....well¿....) but just a funny rebuttal . Then we end up grabbing a burger or something. I guess with all the att and tmobile news we forget ...i bey u WB appreciates yur note.
Thats a very nice post! I can sorta see that the expression "under a rock" for example could be taken as friendly "are u kidding me" type expression we use with our pals like when I say to my best friend when I dont believe him about something I would say..."man, are u crazy?!..." Then continue. Now I know my buddy isnt crazy (....well¿....) but just a funny rebuttal . Then we end up grabbing a burger or something. I guess with all the att and tmobile news we forget ...i bey u WB appreciates yur note.

83 of 189 (317 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 9:57:21 AM
(0)
Expert

crystalsno wrote:

You know to make things more linear and understandable you might want to learn to use the "quote" option to indicted exacly what you are responding to.

The only portion of the deal that has not been inked is the regulatory portion, according to the documents published the contigency clause in the cotract for the sale has an exclusion of any other provider trying to trump the offered price from ATT. It is just a matter of time for the review to be made, the outcome decided and any appeals that might be made.

The only provider thsat is crying about this deal so far is sprint. Have not seen anything from verizon. In the end, someone will swallow up t-mobile, dt has been trying to divest itself of the US office for awhile. I seem to recall reports that sprint was the first to offer but they did not have the capital to pull it off.

crystalsno wrote:

You know to make things more linear and understandable you might want to learn to use the "quote" option to indicted exacly what you are responding to.

The only portion of the deal that has not been inked is the regulatory portion, according to the documents published the contigency clause in the cotract for the sale has an exclusion of any other provider trying to trump the offered price from ATT. It is just a matter of time for the review to be made, the outcome decided and any appeals that might be made.

The only provider thsat is crying about this deal so far is sprint. Have not seen anything from verizon. In the end, someone will swallow up t-mobile, dt has been trying to divest itself of the US office for awhile. I seem to recall reports that sprint was the first to offer but they did not have the capital to pull it off.

84 of 189 (308 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 9:59:40 AM
(0)
Mentor

Actually per a cust serv rep at Tmobile after they were informed, AT&Terrible will have to pay Tmobile $3 million if they pull out.  Smiley Happy  Granted that's hear say but.....

Actually per a cust serv rep at Tmobile after they were informed, AT&Terrible will have to pay Tmobile $3 million if they pull out.  Smiley Happy  Granted that's hear say but.....

85 of 189 (307 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 10:01:30 AM
(0)
Mentor

And since AT&Terrible and Tmobile  believe "it's a done deal"  I pray they will be wrong when the FCC and DOJ kill it.  Smiley Happy

And since AT&Terrible and Tmobile  believe "it's a done deal"  I pray they will be wrong when the FCC and DOJ kill it.  Smiley Happy

86 of 189 (305 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 10:03:40 AM
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on Mar 24, 2011 at 10:05:47 AM

crystalsno wrote:

there is a major difference if ATT backs out of the deal as compared to the regulatory agencies not allowing it the sale. Given the fact that ATT wants the infrastructure I doubt they will back out

crystalsno wrote:

there is a major difference if ATT backs out of the deal as compared to the regulatory agencies not allowing it the sale. Given the fact that ATT wants the infrastructure I doubt they will back out

[ Edited ]
87 of 189 (304 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 10:09:57 AM
(0)
Professor
Re: AT&Terrible, ....now you are cracking me up, lol. will have to add that to the list with the acron when iphone was the rave " I T & T "
Re: AT&Terrible, ....now you are cracking me up, lol. will have to add that to the list with the acron when iphone was the rave " I T & T "

88 of 189 (289 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 10:10:19 AM
(0)
Mentor

To Wingrider

You never know if or when AT&Terrible will pull out or back out of this deal.  A lot of Tmobilers have let their voices be heard that if AT&Terrible tries to go through with this deal, they will jump ship and I don't believe AT&Terrible is trying to buy a dead company.  Smiley Tongue

And by the way, you understand how I use the quotes and no one else seems to have a problem with how I use them soooooo.....I never did try to say I was professional.  This is an opinion board.  That's all I'm doing is voicing my opinon.  Smiley Happy

To Wingrider

You never know if or when AT&Terrible will pull out or back out of this deal.  A lot of Tmobilers have let their voices be heard that if AT&Terrible tries to go through with this deal, they will jump ship and I don't believe AT&Terrible is trying to buy a dead company.  Smiley Tongue

And by the way, you understand how I use the quotes and no one else seems to have a problem with how I use them soooooo.....I never did try to say I was professional.  This is an opinion board.  That's all I'm doing is voicing my opinon.  Smiley Happy

89 of 189 (290 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 10:12:27 AM
(0)
Mentor

LOL Rico ty!  Smiley Happy  But I can't take credit for that , but I do love it!  I saw it on one of the other posts.  Don't ask me if it was here or on the Tmo post board.  I've tried keeping up with both and so far my eyes are going buggy LOL

LOL Rico ty!  Smiley Happy  But I can't take credit for that , but I do love it!  I saw it on one of the other posts.  Don't ask me if it was here or on the Tmo post board.  I've tried keeping up with both and so far my eyes are going buggy LOL

90 of 189 (288 Views)