View all replies
(188)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2011 6:01:49 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

It's amazing how people can get so "worked up" about something as simple as cell phone service. I understand how frustrated T-Mobile customers may be, but others may be happy - you never know. It's not like it's the end of the world that T-Mobile customers are being transitioned to AT&T. If you don't like it, you are free to do so and voice your opinion or concerns. I just think it is ridiculous how people are so defiant or are demanding that they get special treatment such as their ETF waived because they do not like what is going on. This must be the "battle of the cell phone carriers"...

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

It's amazing how people can get so "worked up" about something as simple as cell phone service. I understand how frustrated T-Mobile customers may be, but others may be happy - you never know. It's not like it's the end of the world that T-Mobile customers are being transitioned to AT&T. If you don't like it, you are free to do so and voice your opinion or concerns. I just think it is ridiculous how people are so defiant or are demanding that they get special treatment such as their ETF waived because they do not like what is going on. This must be the "battle of the cell phone carriers"...

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: AT&T, Please Go Away

24 of 189 (843 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2011 6:29:09 AM
(0)
Mentor

Meradoll....what good is coverage if the customer service and almost monthly increases stay the same?  The coverage would be thanks to Tmobile's excellent coverage not in any part thanks to sucky AT&T. 

What's really happening here is that AT&T is upset that they can't get any more customers to improve their CEO's profit so they think they can just buy up all the other companies (aka competition)!  Little do they know that they will buying a DEAD company if the deal goes through with Tmobile!  80% of Tmobile's customers are jumping ship now, and thousands more will jump ship after AT&T takes over.  Hmmmm not such a great deal now is it?

You should go take a look at the now in the millions of postings continuing to be posted on Tmobiles customer comment boards.  I can't keep up there are THAT many!  Yesterday alone on ONE post there were 66 postings in 1 hour!  That's more than 1 per minute AGAINST this deal.  Us Tmobilers have constantly posted the FCC and the DOJ emails and urged every single Tmobile customer to flood their email boxes with why this deal would be SOOOO very bad. There is also an online petition for people to sign to BLOCK this deal.

You might want to check out Clark Howard's website and see what he says about this deal.  Not good at all.  For one, if this deal goes through, AT&T and Verizon will hold 80% control over the U.S. cell phone industry which will mean a dualopoly which is not only against the regulations set back in 1980 I believe, but both those companies will control you, prices, the gadgets they allow us to buy and the list gets worse and worse.  Do you want that?  I surely don't! 

Thank God my contract with Tmobile is up on January 2012, and if this deal goes through I will NOT be renewing with Tmobile! 

Meradoll....what good is coverage if the customer service and almost monthly increases stay the same?  The coverage would be thanks to Tmobile's excellent coverage not in any part thanks to sucky AT&T. 

What's really happening here is that AT&T is upset that they can't get any more customers to improve their CEO's profit so they think they can just buy up all the other companies (aka competition)!  Little do they know that they will buying a DEAD company if the deal goes through with Tmobile!  80% of Tmobile's customers are jumping ship now, and thousands more will jump ship after AT&T takes over.  Hmmmm not such a great deal now is it?

You should go take a look at the now in the millions of postings continuing to be posted on Tmobiles customer comment boards.  I can't keep up there are THAT many!  Yesterday alone on ONE post there were 66 postings in 1 hour!  That's more than 1 per minute AGAINST this deal.  Us Tmobilers have constantly posted the FCC and the DOJ emails and urged every single Tmobile customer to flood their email boxes with why this deal would be SOOOO very bad. There is also an online petition for people to sign to BLOCK this deal.

You might want to check out Clark Howard's website and see what he says about this deal.  Not good at all.  For one, if this deal goes through, AT&T and Verizon will hold 80% control over the U.S. cell phone industry which will mean a dualopoly which is not only against the regulations set back in 1980 I believe, but both those companies will control you, prices, the gadgets they allow us to buy and the list gets worse and worse.  Do you want that?  I surely don't! 

Thank God my contract with Tmobile is up on January 2012, and if this deal goes through I will NOT be renewing with Tmobile! 

27 of 189 (834 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2011 7:46:53 AM
(0)
Mentor

RicoLX...I'm a woman ty. Smiley Happy

Tmobile's forum has been going strong since the announcement was made yesterday morning and it hasn't crashed, doubt strongly if it will.  They are good that way Smiley Tongue. As I told the other poster, yes, we as "lowly customers" can help block the deal.  It's called emailing the FCC and the DOJ of whom has to approve the deal before it becomes a purchase/done deal. Many of us Tmobilers and non Tmobilers have already done that.  Not to mention that there is a petition out on the web for anyone to sign to block this deal.  If that doesn't get the FCC's and DOJ's attention, who knows what will?  There are many avenue's we as "lowly customers" can take and we will I assure you.

AT&T hasn't gotten the hint that they need to seriously improve everything in order to pull customers in and I doubt they ever will.  All they are concerned with is the bottom line = $$. 

It may be "only a forum" but the voices of the many outweigh the voices of the few when it comes to letting the FCC and DOJ know that this deal is against a regulation that they themselves set years ago! 

I've already sent an email to AT&T to let them know my thoughts about this deal and to let them know they are going to buy a dead company as many will and already have started bailing but will be back if the deal doesn't go through! Smiley Happy

RicoLX...I'm a woman ty. Smiley Happy

Tmobile's forum has been going strong since the announcement was made yesterday morning and it hasn't crashed, doubt strongly if it will.  They are good that way Smiley Tongue. As I told the other poster, yes, we as "lowly customers" can help block the deal.  It's called emailing the FCC and the DOJ of whom has to approve the deal before it becomes a purchase/done deal. Many of us Tmobilers and non Tmobilers have already done that.  Not to mention that there is a petition out on the web for anyone to sign to block this deal.  If that doesn't get the FCC's and DOJ's attention, who knows what will?  There are many avenue's we as "lowly customers" can take and we will I assure you.

AT&T hasn't gotten the hint that they need to seriously improve everything in order to pull customers in and I doubt they ever will.  All they are concerned with is the bottom line = $$. 

It may be "only a forum" but the voices of the many outweigh the voices of the few when it comes to letting the FCC and DOJ know that this deal is against a regulation that they themselves set years ago! 

I've already sent an email to AT&T to let them know my thoughts about this deal and to let them know they are going to buy a dead company as many will and already have started bailing but will be back if the deal doesn't go through! Smiley Happy

Re: can this be true att buying tmobile?

33 of 189 (808 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2011 7:56:59 AM
(0)
Mentor

Wild Banchi--- "something as simple as a cell phone service?"  Omg have u been living under a rock for the past few years?  I use my cell phone for many things and others, especially business personnel etc solely rely on their cell phone for EVERYTHING to help organize their daily lives!  So to say you don't understand why we get so "worked up" is something I can't comprehend.  Cell phones and the web are going to become one and make up our entire future, so if we don't shape it now and keep Deathstar's like AT&T from ruling the world then we are in serious trouble!

As far as "you never know."  Erm, you need to go register at the Tmobile community forum and you will see that 90% of the people are NOT happy about this and have already stated they will leave Tmobile if this deal goes through.  Not to mention the numerous other postings out there about the deal on news sites AND there is a petition out on the web for ANYONE to sign to prevent this  deal from going through!  Yesterday at around 10 a.m? I was #599.  That was a few short hours after the announcement came on the news about AT&T wanting this deal.   "Not the end of the world?"  Erm in our eyes it is after having 10+ years of Tmobile's EXCELLENT customer service, EXCELLENT rates and EXCELLENT deals on phones and services etc.  To be taken over by a control freak like AT&T after that many years of having that part of our lives simplified is simply unacceptable!

Weren't you ever defiant when someone tried to take something away from you that you cherished Wild Banchi?  That's how most of us Tmobilers feel.  Deal with it.  We are EXTREMELY passionate and proud to be part of Tmobile and this kind of support shows just how much. 

Wait until you have such a bad experience with AT&T and you run from them.  I will be laughing and saying I TOLD YOU SO!!!  Smiley Tongue

Wild Banchi--- "something as simple as a cell phone service?"  Omg have u been living under a rock for the past few years?  I use my cell phone for many things and others, especially business personnel etc solely rely on their cell phone for EVERYTHING to help organize their daily lives!  So to say you don't understand why we get so "worked up" is something I can't comprehend.  Cell phones and the web are going to become one and make up our entire future, so if we don't shape it now and keep Deathstar's like AT&T from ruling the world then we are in serious trouble!

As far as "you never know."  Erm, you need to go register at the Tmobile community forum and you will see that 90% of the people are NOT happy about this and have already stated they will leave Tmobile if this deal goes through.  Not to mention the numerous other postings out there about the deal on news sites AND there is a petition out on the web for ANYONE to sign to prevent this  deal from going through!  Yesterday at around 10 a.m? I was #599.  That was a few short hours after the announcement came on the news about AT&T wanting this deal.   "Not the end of the world?"  Erm in our eyes it is after having 10+ years of Tmobile's EXCELLENT customer service, EXCELLENT rates and EXCELLENT deals on phones and services etc.  To be taken over by a control freak like AT&T after that many years of having that part of our lives simplified is simply unacceptable!

Weren't you ever defiant when someone tried to take something away from you that you cherished Wild Banchi?  That's how most of us Tmobilers feel.  Deal with it.  We are EXTREMELY passionate and proud to be part of Tmobile and this kind of support shows just how much. 

Wait until you have such a bad experience with AT&T and you run from them.  I will be laughing and saying I TOLD YOU SO!!!  Smiley Tongue

34 of 189 (798 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2011 8:07:49 AM
(0)
Professor
Ayemen and press on sistah! Smiley Very Happy sorry for calling you a he.

Yep using the term crash was just to paint an emphasis for those who havent visited the site to see for themselves first hand the magnitude of disdained customers and what they are saying about the news. Its going to hit national news.

Well lets see if the voices of the peeples can make a difference in this highly visible customer level dissalroval of the deal.

Ayemen and press on sistah! Smiley Very Happy sorry for calling you a he.

Yep using the term crash was just to paint an emphasis for those who havent visited the site to see for themselves first hand the magnitude of disdained customers and what they are saying about the news. Its going to hit national news.

Well lets see if the voices of the peeples can make a difference in this highly visible customer level dissalroval of the deal.

Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)

35 of 189 (783 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2011 8:16:17 AM
(0)
Professor
Like Wild Banchi said, a lot are reacting too quick and may end up makingdecisions that wont benefit them. Wby not wakt, see how the transition goes. tmoblers should have at least the first year with their same and current plan, why not use that time checking things out. Spend couple months where nothings changd and investigate othr companies instead of jumping ship without seeing if it might be a bettr deal for us afterall
Like Wild Banchi said, a lot are reacting too quick and may end up makingdecisions that wont benefit them. Wby not wakt, see how the transition goes. tmoblers should have at least the first year with their same and current plan, why not use that time checking things out. Spend couple months where nothings changd and investigate othr companies instead of jumping ship without seeing if it might be a bettr deal for us afterall

36 of 189 (776 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2011 8:28:17 AM
(0)
Mentor

RicoLX there is NO way on God's green earth me and many others are going to EVER allow ourselves to be under AT&T's control EVER.  Whether it be past or present experiences.  So to tell us to "wait and see" ROFL that will NEVER happen.  What part of we refuse to become an AT&T drone didn't you read? 

RicoLX there is NO way on God's green earth me and many others are going to EVER allow ourselves to be under AT&T's control EVER.  Whether it be past or present experiences.  So to tell us to "wait and see" ROFL that will NEVER happen.  What part of we refuse to become an AT&T drone didn't you read? 

37 of 189 (769 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2011 8:32:40 AM
(0)
Mentor

RicoLX thank you so much for trying to understand my point of view.  LOL AMEN!  *giggle

It's already hit national news.  It was announced on GMA (good morning america) and cnn.  I'd say those are pretty national wouldn't you?  (At least cnn is).

We can only pray that our voices are heard.  If the deal still goes through at least those of us that have fought with all that we are will know we did our best and it's time to head to another company NOT controlled by AT&T.  Smiley Happy

RicoLX thank you so much for trying to understand my point of view.  LOL AMEN!  *giggle

It's already hit national news.  It was announced on GMA (good morning america) and cnn.  I'd say those are pretty national wouldn't you?  (At least cnn is).

We can only pray that our voices are heard.  If the deal still goes through at least those of us that have fought with all that we are will know we did our best and it's time to head to another company NOT controlled by AT&T.  Smiley Happy

38 of 189 (762 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2011 8:42:01 AM
(0)
Professor
Lolx2307 well I heard T H A T Smiley Very Happy
Lolx2307 well I heard T H A T Smiley Very Happy

39 of 189 (751 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2011 8:47:14 AM
(0)
Mentor

AT&T's wireless network will face major challenges "in the short term" unless the carrier is able to begin integrating T-Mobile USA's infrastructure, said AT&T Mobility CEO Ralph de la Vega. He didn't specify an exact timeframe for when his company's problems could compound but acknowledged that the network's needs must be addressed in less than three years. "With this deal, we're set" for both the short and long haul, de la Vega said in a brief interview on Tuesday.

That's from the cnn website.  Ha!  AT&T is getting nervous.  Apparently they NEED Tmobile!  The CEO seems to be quite arrogant in thinking this is a done deal.  OMG!  Boy is he in for a huge surprise!  ROFL  He'll crash when he finds out just how many Tmobiler's are willing to fight to keep Tmobile alive!  I love seeing AT&T shake.  Smiley Happy

Glad you heard that RicoLX Smiley Happy 

AT&T's wireless network will face major challenges "in the short term" unless the carrier is able to begin integrating T-Mobile USA's infrastructure, said AT&T Mobility CEO Ralph de la Vega. He didn't specify an exact timeframe for when his company's problems could compound but acknowledged that the network's needs must be addressed in less than three years. "With this deal, we're set" for both the short and long haul, de la Vega said in a brief interview on Tuesday.

That's from the cnn website.  Ha!  AT&T is getting nervous.  Apparently they NEED Tmobile!  The CEO seems to be quite arrogant in thinking this is a done deal.  OMG!  Boy is he in for a huge surprise!  ROFL  He'll crash when he finds out just how many Tmobiler's are willing to fight to keep Tmobile alive!  I love seeing AT&T shake.  Smiley Happy

40 of 189 (746 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2011 8:57:38 AM
(0)
Professor
Awwwe, now. Thats my mama Bell you talkn about. She aint poifect but thats my ma ma
Awwwe, now. Thats my mama Bell you talkn about. She aint poifect but thats my ma ma

41 of 189 (560 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2011 8:59:45 AM
(0)
Mentor

Aint perfect?  Erm sorry but she's not anywhere NEAR perfect!  Being ranked at the very bottom of customer service amongst other things is not even in the same ball park as perfect.  Sorry for that reality check RicoLX Smiley Sad

Aint perfect?  Erm sorry but she's not anywhere NEAR perfect!  Being ranked at the very bottom of customer service amongst other things is not even in the same ball park as perfect.  Sorry for that reality check RicoLX Smiley Sad

42 of 189 (557 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2011 9:14:12 AM
(0)
Professor
But,....but..but thats M A M A!
But,....but..but thats M A M A!

43 of 189 (546 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2011 9:18:59 AM
(0)
Mentor

Awwwwwwwwwww....well "mama's" been super mean to thousands of people.  Maybe you could teach her some manners?  Smiley Happy

Awwwwwwwwwww....well "mama's" been super mean to thousands of people.  Maybe you could teach her some manners?  Smiley Happy

44 of 189 (543 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2011 9:27:14 AM
(0)
Expert

crystalsno wrote:

/rofl - the deal is done, the papers are signed, the agreement does not allow any other company to counter offer. DT has been wanting to dump t-mobile for awhile, just the other player in the game Sprint could not come up with liquid captital to ink the deal. ATT wins, the only thing left is regulatory approval.

Find it quite amusing that you love to see AT&T "shake", look at their financial prospectus ad compaired to T-Moble and see whcih company is more financially stable, in the terms of cusotmers t-mobile ranks low on the totem pole - about 33 million customers in the US, internationally they have about 90 million, which is still less then either Verizon or ATT has just in the US.

Deutsche Telekom AG (DT) the parent company of T-Mobile and who entered in the agreement is selling at 15.25 a share at the time od this post, with a 52 week performance of 10.25 430,061.00

ATT (ATT) is selling at 26.58 a share at the time of this post, with a 52 week performance of 25.25

Financially ATT is a lot more stable the DT and worth a lot more - that is the bottom line in business

crystalsno wrote:

/rofl - the deal is done, the papers are signed, the agreement does not allow any other company to counter offer. DT has been wanting to dump t-mobile for awhile, just the other player in the game Sprint could not come up with liquid captital to ink the deal. ATT wins, the only thing left is regulatory approval.

Find it quite amusing that you love to see AT&T "shake", look at their financial prospectus ad compaired to T-Moble and see whcih company is more financially stable, in the terms of cusotmers t-mobile ranks low on the totem pole - about 33 million customers in the US, internationally they have about 90 million, which is still less then either Verizon or ATT has just in the US.

Deutsche Telekom AG (DT) the parent company of T-Mobile and who entered in the agreement is selling at 15.25 a share at the time od this post, with a 52 week performance of 10.25 430,061.00

ATT (ATT) is selling at 26.58 a share at the time of this post, with a 52 week performance of 25.25

Financially ATT is a lot more stable the DT and worth a lot more - that is the bottom line in business

45 of 189 (532 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2011 9:46:38 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by WirelessForeman on Mar 23, 2011 at 9:50:13 AM

Financially yes, AT&T is doing better but at what cost?  They are SCREWING their customers and not brining in new customers because they want to control people.  So you can throw all the $ numbers out there that you want to but as I've said in previous posts, AT&T will be buying a DEAD company as they will lose about 90% of Tmobile's customers if this deal goes through.  But also note that me and many others have posted the email addresses of both the FCC and DOJ so that everyone can flood their email boxes with the fact that this deal isn't a good one to approve as it will cause a Dualopoly and that is AGAINST a regulation that the FCC themselves set some years back so they will be breaking their own regulation. 

Wingrider the deal isn't done until it's approved.  Nice try to think otherwise though.

(Mod Note: Inappropriate comment edited. Per the Guidelines, please make sure to keep all posts courteous, thank you.)

Financially yes, AT&T is doing better but at what cost?  They are SCREWING their customers and not brining in new customers because they want to control people.  So you can throw all the $ numbers out there that you want to but as I've said in previous posts, AT&T will be buying a DEAD company as they will lose about 90% of Tmobile's customers if this deal goes through.  But also note that me and many others have posted the email addresses of both the FCC and DOJ so that everyone can flood their email boxes with the fact that this deal isn't a good one to approve as it will cause a Dualopoly and that is AGAINST a regulation that the FCC themselves set some years back so they will be breaking their own regulation. 

Wingrider the deal isn't done until it's approved.  Nice try to think otherwise though.

(Mod Note: Inappropriate comment edited. Per the Guidelines, please make sure to keep all posts courteous, thank you.)

[ Edited ]
46 of 189 (519 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2011 10:18:24 AM
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on Mar 23, 2011 at 10:27:07 AM

crystalsno wrote:

you might want to read what I posted - I stated the sale of the buisness is complete, the contract is signed and their is a provision that no other entity can make a higher counter offer for the purchase of T-Mobile  - that is well documented, the only thing left is the regualtory agencies to put their stamp of approval on it.  So you are just pointing out what I already said.

Love your opinion of the total number of lost customers, and it is strictly a opinion. Then again it will make the company more valuable on take over with all the ETF's and the unused bandwidth on the towers, theu will not be purchasing a "dead" company, the value is primarily in the infrstructure - towers, repeaters, local licenses, etc.

Sorry to disappoint you but your usage of the term "Dualopoly" in this case is completely wrong, A true duopoly (from Greek dyo / δυο (two) + polein / πωλειν (to sell)) is a specific type of oligopoly where only two producers exist in one market. In reality, this definition is generally used where only two firms have dominant control over a market. In the field of industrial organization, it is the most commonly studied form of oligopoly due to its simplicity. In this case there is none, the ceullular market in the US is dominated by 3 companies, Verizon, Sprint and ATT, after the top 3 there are numerous other carriers that you are probablily not even aware of - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_wireless_communications_service_providers

As far as loss of customers, again that is incorrect. ATT's churn rate for loss / gain of customers is 8%, Verizon;s aits at 7%, so only 1 percent seperate the top 2 cellular providers. In case you did not know - Churn rate, as it relates to mobile network carriers, is the percentage of subscribers in a given time frame that cease to use the company's services for one reason or another. It is used as an indicator of the health of a company's subscriber base. It does not take into account the number of new contracts the company aquires during the time period

crystalsno wrote:

you might want to read what I posted - I stated the sale of the buisness is complete, the contract is signed and their is a provision that no other entity can make a higher counter offer for the purchase of T-Mobile  - that is well documented, the only thing left is the regualtory agencies to put their stamp of approval on it.  So you are just pointing out what I already said.

Love your opinion of the total number of lost customers, and it is strictly a opinion. Then again it will make the company more valuable on take over with all the ETF's and the unused bandwidth on the towers, theu will not be purchasing a "dead" company, the value is primarily in the infrstructure - towers, repeaters, local licenses, etc.

Sorry to disappoint you but your usage of the term "Dualopoly" in this case is completely wrong, A true duopoly (from Greek dyo / δυο (two) + polein / πωλειν (to sell)) is a specific type of oligopoly where only two producers exist in one market. In reality, this definition is generally used where only two firms have dominant control over a market. In the field of industrial organization, it is the most commonly studied form of oligopoly due to its simplicity. In this case there is none, the ceullular market in the US is dominated by 3 companies, Verizon, Sprint and ATT, after the top 3 there are numerous other carriers that you are probablily not even aware of - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_wireless_communications_service_providers

As far as loss of customers, again that is incorrect. ATT's churn rate for loss / gain of customers is 8%, Verizon;s aits at 7%, so only 1 percent seperate the top 2 cellular providers. In case you did not know - Churn rate, as it relates to mobile network carriers, is the percentage of subscribers in a given time frame that cease to use the company's services for one reason or another. It is used as an indicator of the health of a company's subscriber base. It does not take into account the number of new contracts the company aquires during the time period

[ Edited ]
47 of 189 (506 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2011 10:59:25 AM
(0)
Professor

wingrider01 wrote:

crystalsno wrote:

Oh I get it. Suddenly, Sprint and all those numerous little players are major players, after so many times you have stated that AT&T and Verizon are the only major players. AT&T and Verizon = tier one, all the other carriers tier 3 or lower. You no longer feel that way? LOL.

wingrider01 wrote:

crystalsno wrote:

Oh I get it. Suddenly, Sprint and all those numerous little players are major players, after so many times you have stated that AT&T and Verizon are the only major players. AT&T and Verizon = tier one, all the other carriers tier 3 or lower. You no longer feel that way? LOL.

48 of 189 (489 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2011 12:20:49 PM
(0)
Mentor

Ok Wingrider my term of "duopoly" (ty for correcting my spelling) meaning there will only be 2 "main" cell companies.  Verizon and AT&T.  They will control 80% of the cell phone service in the U.S. so on that aspect, I used it correctly I just spelled it incorrectly. 

My opinion of the total loss of customers? Um, Wingrider you might just want to go take a gander at the Tmobile customer community forum.  Almost every single post on there from customers are stating that they will either not renew when it comes time to renew or they will leave directly after AT&T takes over.  A lot of the 3G phone holders will have to upgrade to 4G phones, which will not only make their current contract void, they are NOT willing to do that as that move will lock them into a contract with AT&T which they will not do.  As for the ETF's, AT&T can bill people as much as they want but the people are smart in that they can just transport their number to a new carrier and be billed any remaining fee's.  How many customers do you think will actually pay that fee?  My guess, very few.  Most will fight it and win. 

So yeah, I can assure you, the majority of Tmobile customers REFUSE to be under AT&T control so they will jump ship before or shortly after if the deal goes through. Therefore AT&T will be losing customers at an alarming rate but they will also be buying a dead company.  AT&T didn't factor in that they are not well liked in our country and many customers would rather go back to using NO cell phone than to have to deal with AT&T's controlling, rude ways.

Are you aware schools and business will not allow their students and employee's to use Wikipedia for research?  Wikipedia can be edited by ANYONE that goes to their site so the facts are rarely "true" facts.  So to give me Wikipedia links is a mute point  and I won't waste my time. 

The sale isn't complete until money is exchanged.  Since the deal needs approval from the FCC and the DOJ the deal aka the sale is not complete.  Nothing is set in stone as yet and AT&T according to the cnn website and a direct quote from AT&T mobility CEO Ralph de la Vega   "AT&T's wireless network will face major challenges "in the short term" unless the carrier is able to begin integrating T-Mobile USA's infrastructure."  He didn't specify an exact timeframe for when his company's problems could compound but acknowledged that the network's needs must be addressed in less than three years. T-Mobile USA's assets could alleviate the troubles AT&T faces, he says. But AT&T faces a potentially long regulatory approval process

Oh dear oh my.  Sounds like it's not a "done deal" as Mr. Vega stated in the cnn story.  Guess what?  It will be a year before AT&T takes over.  Then it will take at least 2 years plus for existing customers Tmobile contracts to run out (if they stay), and then to be able to start integrating will happen after that 3rd year.  Hmmmmm doesn't look like AT&T will be able to get done in time to save themselves.  Sooooooooooo now what?  ROFL  Doesn't look good for AT&T.  They NEED Tmobile and with the majority of Tmobile's customers flooding the FCC's and DOJ's email boxes with emails AGAINST this deal, the chances of it actually going through are slim. 

Ok Wingrider my term of "duopoly" (ty for correcting my spelling) meaning there will only be 2 "main" cell companies.  Verizon and AT&T.  They will control 80% of the cell phone service in the U.S. so on that aspect, I used it correctly I just spelled it incorrectly. 

My opinion of the total loss of customers? Um, Wingrider you might just want to go take a gander at the Tmobile customer community forum.  Almost every single post on there from customers are stating that they will either not renew when it comes time to renew or they will leave directly after AT&T takes over.  A lot of the 3G phone holders will have to upgrade to 4G phones, which will not only make their current contract void, they are NOT willing to do that as that move will lock them into a contract with AT&T which they will not do.  As for the ETF's, AT&T can bill people as much as they want but the people are smart in that they can just transport their number to a new carrier and be billed any remaining fee's.  How many customers do you think will actually pay that fee?  My guess, very few.  Most will fight it and win. 

So yeah, I can assure you, the majority of Tmobile customers REFUSE to be under AT&T control so they will jump ship before or shortly after if the deal goes through. Therefore AT&T will be losing customers at an alarming rate but they will also be buying a dead company.  AT&T didn't factor in that they are not well liked in our country and many customers would rather go back to using NO cell phone than to have to deal with AT&T's controlling, rude ways.

Are you aware schools and business will not allow their students and employee's to use Wikipedia for research?  Wikipedia can be edited by ANYONE that goes to their site so the facts are rarely "true" facts.  So to give me Wikipedia links is a mute point  and I won't waste my time. 

The sale isn't complete until money is exchanged.  Since the deal needs approval from the FCC and the DOJ the deal aka the sale is not complete.  Nothing is set in stone as yet and AT&T according to the cnn website and a direct quote from AT&T mobility CEO Ralph de la Vega   "AT&T's wireless network will face major challenges "in the short term" unless the carrier is able to begin integrating T-Mobile USA's infrastructure."  He didn't specify an exact timeframe for when his company's problems could compound but acknowledged that the network's needs must be addressed in less than three years. T-Mobile USA's assets could alleviate the troubles AT&T faces, he says. But AT&T faces a potentially long regulatory approval process

Oh dear oh my.  Sounds like it's not a "done deal" as Mr. Vega stated in the cnn story.  Guess what?  It will be a year before AT&T takes over.  Then it will take at least 2 years plus for existing customers Tmobile contracts to run out (if they stay), and then to be able to start integrating will happen after that 3rd year.  Hmmmmm doesn't look like AT&T will be able to get done in time to save themselves.  Sooooooooooo now what?  ROFL  Doesn't look good for AT&T.  They NEED Tmobile and with the majority of Tmobile's customers flooding the FCC's and DOJ's email boxes with emails AGAINST this deal, the chances of it actually going through are slim. 

49 of 189 (470 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2011 1:01:08 PM
(0)
Professor

The deal is complete, but it will still need to go through the FCC and DOJ approvals.  It could still be stopped, but not by at&t or T-Mobile.  Both boards of directors have approved it.

I think T-Mobile just saw that if it was ever to be more than 3rd place in the US cell phone wars, it was going to take more money than they were willing to spend to get there.  Verizon and at&t have too much infrastructure in place, and T-Mobile would have to catch up to get that much coverage.  Even if they partnered with Sprint, there would be a huge cost to convert Sprint's CDMA towers to GSM (or LTE) or the T-Mobile towers to CDMA (or LTE), and they would not gain that much in terms of coverage outside of the major urban areas.

I suspect the next big deal will be when Verizon buys Sprint.  After that, they will probably just let the regional carriers slowly starve.

The deal is complete, but it will still need to go through the FCC and DOJ approvals.  It could still be stopped, but not by at&t or T-Mobile.  Both boards of directors have approved it.

I think T-Mobile just saw that if it was ever to be more than 3rd place in the US cell phone wars, it was going to take more money than they were willing to spend to get there.  Verizon and at&t have too much infrastructure in place, and T-Mobile would have to catch up to get that much coverage.  Even if they partnered with Sprint, there would be a huge cost to convert Sprint's CDMA towers to GSM (or LTE) or the T-Mobile towers to CDMA (or LTE), and they would not gain that much in terms of coverage outside of the major urban areas.

I suspect the next big deal will be when Verizon buys Sprint.  After that, they will probably just let the regional carriers slowly starve.

50 of 189 (459 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2011 1:11:16 PM
(0)
Professor
.... And fester
.... And fester

51 of 189 (469 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2011 1:13:33 PM
(0)
Contributor

Anyone can provide better customer service than t-mobile.  They cannot even, correctly, cash a paper check .  I could go on but won't.  But, let's not pretend either of the companies give a care about customer care.  They only care about $$$$.  Did you ever wonder why you cannot get an e-mail address or phone # for anyone past customer care?  Because no one CARES !!!!  Just pay your bill.  When the companies combine watch that monthly bill go UP.   

Anyone can provide better customer service than t-mobile.  They cannot even, correctly, cash a paper check .  I could go on but won't.  But, let's not pretend either of the companies give a care about customer care.  They only care about $$$$.  Did you ever wonder why you cannot get an e-mail address or phone # for anyone past customer care?  Because no one CARES !!!!  Just pay your bill.  When the companies combine watch that monthly bill go UP.   

Re: If AT&T buys Tmobile they will buy an empty company!!! Tmobile customers are BLOCKING this

52 of 189 (467 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2011 2:51:48 PM
(0)
Mentor

Someone please help me get it through Fred's head that NO deal is complete until money changes hands and contracts are signed!!!!!!!  Just because both boards approved it has NO bearing what-so-ever on a deals completeness.  Ugh!  Wake up please.  It's NOT even close to being a done deal. 

Someone please help me get it through Fred's head that NO deal is complete until money changes hands and contracts are signed!!!!!!!  Just because both boards approved it has NO bearing what-so-ever on a deals completeness.  Ugh!  Wake up please.  It's NOT even close to being a done deal. 

53 of 189 (452 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2011 3:02:03 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Actually Crystalsno, I agree with FredW. It is indeed a done deal since both Board of Directors have approved the deal. The only thing remaning is the FCC's approval, since every big deal must go through the government regulations. But if it did not have to go through the FCC, the merge would already be taking place. Smiley Wink

~Sunshine Smiley Happy

Actually Crystalsno, I agree with FredW. It is indeed a done deal since both Board of Directors have approved the deal. The only thing remaning is the FCC's approval, since every big deal must go through the government regulations. But if it did not have to go through the FCC, the merge would already be taking place. Smiley Wink

~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

54 of 189 (443 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2011 3:04:01 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by RicoLX on Mar 23, 2011 at 3:09:03 PM

crystalsno wrote:

But, but, thats what Fred said...  the deal between ATT and Tmobile (ATT-Mobile) "is' complete.  the two giants shook hands on the deal..then he concluded with the rest is up to FCC,etc.

BUT.... and this is a "BIG" but.... its up to FCC etc to approve. ...  thats the stage where it is as of today.  It gotta pass the big boys behind the bench... Thats who you need to get intouch with if you dont want this to happ'n cuz its a done deal as far as ATT-Mobile is concerned

PS: you know thats the actual name of our wirless already right?   "ATT-Mobility" . makes me wonder how long the talk has been going on, because we used to be called simply 'ATT-Wireless'

crystalsno wrote:

But, but, thats what Fred said...  the deal between ATT and Tmobile (ATT-Mobile) "is' complete.  the two giants shook hands on the deal..then he concluded with the rest is up to FCC,etc.

BUT.... and this is a "BIG" but.... its up to FCC etc to approve. ...  thats the stage where it is as of today.  It gotta pass the big boys behind the bench... Thats who you need to get intouch with if you dont want this to happ'n cuz its a done deal as far as ATT-Mobile is concerned

PS: you know thats the actual name of our wirless already right?   "ATT-Mobility" . makes me wonder how long the talk has been going on, because we used to be called simply 'ATT-Wireless'

Re: can this be true att buying tmobile? ***RIGHT SAID FRED****

[ Edited ]
55 of 189 (439 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2011 4:45:02 PM
(0)
Expert

crystalsno wrote:

sorry to burst your buble but att and verizon do not control 80 oercent of the market, if they did then the regualtory boards would not have allowed ATT ro but Alltel.

As far as going to the t-mobile site, have no need until it is owned by ATT.

crystalsno wrote:

sorry to burst your buble but att and verizon do not control 80 oercent of the market, if they did then the regualtory boards would not have allowed ATT ro but Alltel.

As far as going to the t-mobile site, have no need until it is owned by ATT.

56 of 189 (412 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2011 4:53:24 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by 21stNow on Mar 23, 2011 at 5:05:33 PM

After this acquisition is complete, Verizon Wireless + AT&T Mobility = 79% of the US cellular service market.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/11055417/1/att-played-stealth-card-for-t-mobile.html?puc=gigaom&cm_ve...

After this acquisition is complete, Verizon Wireless + AT&T Mobility = 79% of the US cellular service market.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/11055417/1/att-played-stealth-card-for-t-mobile.html?puc=gigaom&cm_ven=gigaom?utm_source=gigaom&utm_medium=rss

[ Edited ]
57 of 189 (407 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2011 4:56:36 PM
(0)
Guru

I am surprised and really didnt expect it and especially not so soon. I figured tmobile would give it one more year to see if things got better for them.

I am surprised and really didnt expect it and especially not so soon. I figured tmobile would give it one more year to see if things got better for them.

58 of 189 (405 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2011 5:30:15 PM
(0)
Professor

Evandela wrote:

Actually, an agreement is in place, a potential deal. The deal is not done until it is approved by the Feds. Let me ask you this. If the Fed shoots the agreement down, does money change hands? You can't say a deal is done if it requires certain approval and you don't have it yet.

Evandela wrote:

Actually, an agreement is in place, a potential deal. The deal is not done until it is approved by the Feds. Let me ask you this. If the Fed shoots the agreement down, does money change hands? You can't say a deal is done if it requires certain approval and you don't have it yet.

59 of 189 (398 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2011 6:33:33 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

crystalsno wrote:

I'm impressed that you took the time to post such a lengthy response...you must really love T-Mobile... Smiley Wink

But no, I have not been "living under a rock for the past few years". That is a completely failed and unnecessary analogy to be coming from a person who has been very busy the past few years, having Verizon (too expensive) and coming to AT&T for the almost "perfect" plan. To be quite honest, I cannot stand to hear people say that to others, especially when they know they could very well be incorrect and are just trying to defend themself in a way likely to offend others. I have actually been enjoying the winter at my home on the Saginaw Bay, so that is no where near close to a "rock". Smiley Happy

I don't really have the urge or the need to go to the T-Mobile Community, other than to see a bunch of drama and crying and screaming. I'm sorry that it has to be this way, but it just does... AT&T has bought out T-Mobile, and there really is nothing T-Mobile can do much about it, unfortunately... Smiley Sad The T-Mobile Community will probably be vacant or nonexistent in the next couple years as likely nobody will post there because there will be no need to.

Yes, I sure was defiant when someone tried to take something away from me, plenty of times, particularly with my AT&T phone, ironically... Smiley Very Happy But it really is good to know that you are so loyal to T-Mobile - you are probably a great customer who really enjoys the service they get for the money the pay for it.

I plan to stay with AT&T for the next four or five years or so, or as long as I can. But by then, you still probably won't be around posting here to "laugh" at me and "prove me wrong". Smiley Wink

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

crystalsno wrote:

I'm impressed that you took the time to post such a lengthy response...you must really love T-Mobile... Smiley Wink

But no, I have not been "living under a rock for the past few years". That is a completely failed and unnecessary analogy to be coming from a person who has been very busy the past few years, having Verizon (too expensive) and coming to AT&T for the almost "perfect" plan. To be quite honest, I cannot stand to hear people say that to others, especially when they know they could very well be incorrect and are just trying to defend themself in a way likely to offend others. I have actually been enjoying the winter at my home on the Saginaw Bay, so that is no where near close to a "rock". Smiley Happy

I don't really have the urge or the need to go to the T-Mobile Community, other than to see a bunch of drama and crying and screaming. I'm sorry that it has to be this way, but it just does... AT&T has bought out T-Mobile, and there really is nothing T-Mobile can do much about it, unfortunately... Smiley Sad The T-Mobile Community will probably be vacant or nonexistent in the next couple years as likely nobody will post there because there will be no need to.

Yes, I sure was defiant when someone tried to take something away from me, plenty of times, particularly with my AT&T phone, ironically... Smiley Very Happy But it really is good to know that you are so loyal to T-Mobile - you are probably a great customer who really enjoys the service they get for the money the pay for it.

I plan to stay with AT&T for the next four or five years or so, or as long as I can. But by then, you still probably won't be around posting here to "laugh" at me and "prove me wrong". Smiley Wink

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

60 of 189 (382 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments