can't send or receive picture messages when connected to Microcell

Contributor

can't send or receive picture messages when connected to Microcell

as of yesterday I can't send or receive picture messages when my phone is connected to my Microcell, if i am out of range of it i have no problems, AT&T customer tech support says the Microcell has nothing to do with this problem so then why am i only having this problem when i am connected to it?? is anyone else having this problem?

Message 1 of 10 (2,862 Views)
Guru

Re: can't send or receive picture messages when connected to Microcell

This used to be a chronic problem lots of folks reported with the Microcell. I've had the occasional failure sending MMS through the Microcell, but usually a retry will succeed.

Message 2 of 10 (2,753 Views)
Contributor

Same thing here.

If I unplug the Microcell, I'm fine.

Tried tech support.  No help at all.

Message 3 of 10 (2,613 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

I just tried to send an MMS picture to myself. It sent, but then knocked my Microcell offline. I'm now trying to reset it.

Message 4 of 10 (2,600 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

I can't send or receive MMS Pics now either. My Iphone acts like they get sent but they truly don't get sent.

Message 5 of 10 (2,586 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

What I've noticed (and other posts have indicated) is that there is an upload throttle that ATT places. I tried to email a picture too and that didn't work. I tried MMS and emailing a much smaller pic and it worked just fine. I used speakeasy speed test and noticed that I only get .14Mbps upload speed on my Iphone 4 using the microcell. So I don't think this is an MMS issue but an upload throttle issue. Also I did my tests with and without a router. Same results.

So I'll see if ATT wants to give me my money back or comp me the $200 for my Cisco paperweight

Message 6 of 10 (2,572 Views)
Teacher

For some odd reason all of my pic mms messages are working now. I didn't change anything

Message 7 of 10 (2,529 Views)
Contributor

I have the same problem. It looks like it is going and about what looks like 80% it fails. Three phones same problem. Got new micro cell and same issue. Called they had me do the alternate set up of wiring. I think this will slow computer down but who knows. Still same issue. Does ATT even read the posts they created a page for. Doesnt look like it. The wanted me to do resets in router and modem. As soon as I turm off microcell and use wifi all works fine. So its not the modem or router but they cant seem to understand that.

Message 8 of 10 (2,104 Views)
Contributor

We are having the exact same issue. Thankfully didn't pay for the microcell, and works great for reception, but irritating that MMS texts can't be sent or received. Anyone know a fix for this yet? (other than unplugging the microcell to send)

Message 9 of 10 (2,087 Views)
Teacher

this is a shot in the dark but try having someone call your phone from a land line and have someone outside of your microcell send you a text. After the first 24 hours that I installed my Microcell I didn't have this problem any longer. I'm using two Iphone 4's

Message 10 of 10 (2,083 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.