can't access my home wifi using "security key"

can't access my home wifi using "security key"

I've just set up my first iphone and can't use my wifi at home yet because typing the "security key" provided on my router's set up page isn't working. Is the "security key" the right thing to use to access my wifi? I fear we created a "password" my wife wrote down in a notebook we currently can't find. Would appreciate suggetstios...Thank you.

Message 1 of 8 (1,812 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: can't access my home wifi using "security key"

If you can't find the security key, and can't log on to the router to see the key, your only other choice is to do a factory reset of the router and start over. Google your router and it will tell you how to reset the router.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8 (1,794 Views)

Thank you.

Message 3 of 8 (1,791 Views)
Scholar

If you have computer running windows7 on your wireless network you can get the wireless key from there.

Message 4 of 8 (1,787 Views)

maddcatt1 wrote:

If you have computer running windows7 on your wireless network you can get the wireless key from there.

When we enter that security key (which we have used to gain wireless acces on a different (non-iphone) phone), we are getting the "unable to connect" message.

Message 5 of 8 (1,767 Views)
ACE - Professor

Either you have the wrong key, or your wifi router also is using MAC address filtering (you'd need to add the iPhone's wifi mac address as allowed.)

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 8 (1,745 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thank you. Will try.

Message 7 of 8 (1,726 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

Floatingbox wrote:

Thank you. Will try.

If by chance you have a 2wire modem / wireless, the secuirty key is normally on a label on the back or the bottom of the unit

Message 8 of 8 (1,720 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.