Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Nov 29, 2011
12:09:33 PM
can't access my home wifi using "security key"

I've just set up my first iphone and can't use my wifi at home yet because typing the "security key" provided on my router's set up page isn't working. Is the "security key" the right thing to use to access my wifi? I fear we created a "password" my wife wrote down in a notebook we currently can't find. Would appreciate suggetstios...Thank you.

I've just set up my first iphone and can't use my wifi at home yet because typing the "security key" provided on my router's set up page isn't working. Is the "security key" the right thing to use to access my wifi? I fear we created a "password" my wife wrote down in a notebook we currently can't find. Would appreciate suggetstios...Thank you.

can't access my home wifi using "security key"

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 29, 2011 2:00:22 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
If you can't find the security key, and can't log on to the router to see the key, your only other choice is to do a factory reset of the router and start over. Google your router and it will tell you how to reset the router.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
If you can't find the security key, and can't log on to the router to see the key, your only other choice is to do a factory reset of the router and start over. Google your router and it will tell you how to reset the router.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: can't access my home wifi using "security key"

2 of 8 (1,762 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 29, 2011 2:43:22 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thank you.

Thank you.

3 of 8 (1,759 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 29, 2011 3:01:03 PM
(0)
Scholar

If you have computer running windows7 on your wireless network you can get the wireless key from there.

If you have computer running windows7 on your wireless network you can get the wireless key from there.

4 of 8 (1,755 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 29, 2011 6:51:31 PM
(0)
Tutor

maddcatt1 wrote:

When we enter that security key (which we have used to gain wireless acces on a different (non-iphone) phone), we are getting the "unable to connect" message.

maddcatt1 wrote:

When we enter that security key (which we have used to gain wireless acces on a different (non-iphone) phone), we are getting the "unable to connect" message.

5 of 8 (1,735 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2011 5:33:35 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Either you have the wrong key, or your wifi router also is using MAC address filtering (you'd need to add the iPhone's wifi mac address as allowed.)

Either you have the wrong key, or your wifi router also is using MAC address filtering (you'd need to add the iPhone's wifi mac address as allowed.)

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 8 (1,713 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2011 10:23:28 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Floatingbox on Nov 30, 2011 at 10:24:05 AM

Thank you. Will try.

Thank you. Will try.

[ Edited ]
7 of 8 (1,694 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2011 10:31:38 AM
(0)
Expert

Floatingbox wrote:

Thank you. Will try.

If by chance you have a 2wire modem / wireless, the secuirty key is normally on a label on the back or the bottom of the unit

Floatingbox wrote:

Thank you. Will try.

If by chance you have a 2wire modem / wireless, the secuirty key is normally on a label on the back or the bottom of the unit

8 of 8 (1,688 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments