Ask a question

Posted Jul 7, 2010
    10:20:55 PM
    View profile
    can i still get unlimited data?

I want to purchase (upgrade) to the iphone 4. i know i can keep my unlimited data.

i want to give my 3gs to my wife. she doesnt have iphone at all. so if i give her the 3gs can i get the unlimited packege for her phone being that i am not a new customer. I cant find the defination of NEW or Current. We are exesting customers

Thanks in advance

Scott

can i still get unlimited data?

4 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (4)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 7, 2010 10:25:02 PM
    (0)
    Mentor

k6you wrote:

I want to purchase (upgrade) to the iphone 4. i know i can keep my unlimited data.

i want to give my 3gs to my wife. she doesnt have iphone at all. so if i give her the 3gs can i get the unlimited packege for her phone being that i am not a new customer. I cant find the defination of NEW or Current. We are exesting customers

Thanks in advance

Scott

you can probably keep your unlimited data, but if your wife plans on using your 3GS shes goona have to get a plan the 200mb or the 2gb one so shes outta luck, but you should be ok...

Re: can i still get unlimited data?

2 of 5 (1,317 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 7, 2010 10:36:52 PM
    (0)
    Tutor
    I'm sure I'm ok. But I wasn't sure for her because I don't know if they would consider her a new customer even thou were not. Anyways, thanks for the response.

3 of 5 (1,303 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 7, 2010 10:54:54 PM
    (0)
    Mentor

it wouldnt hurt to ask them if you could but most likely they will have her get the new data plan, either way it doesnt hurt to ask

4 of 5 (1,281 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 8, 2010 4:33:29 AM
    (0)
    Professor

k6you wrote:
    I'm sure I'm ok. But I wasn't sure for her because I don't know if they would consider her a new customer even thou were not. Anyways, thanks for the response.

New customer or not, it does not matter.  Ony those that currently have the Smartphone unlimited data plan on that specific line are grandfathered. 

Your wife will have to choose between one of the two new data plans.

5 of 5 (1,233 Views)