can i add a iphone data plan to my gophone account?

Contributor

can i add a iphone data plan to my gophone account?

im now using 1$/day gophone microsim w/ a new iphone 4 and it works very well. but i'd like use 3g internet w/ my phone and the 20$ 100mb per month doesnt seem attractive to me. can i add 2g data plan to my phone?

Message 1 of 6 (3,536 Views)
Professor

Re: can i add a iphone data plan to my gophone account?

The iPhone is not permitted to be used with GoPhone plans per the AT&T TOS.

While it may work, you are violating the TOS and subject to having your service terminated or being billed for the correct service for your device.

Message 2 of 6 (3,523 Views)
Mentor

they won't let you add any other type of data plan for the iphone on go phone. But the 100mb data works just fine. 

Message 3 of 6 (3,471 Views)
Guru

Get the unlimited Virgin Mobile MiFi for $40 per month or look at the options over at mrsimcard.com.

Message 4 of 6 (3,442 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

zjdo123 wrote:

im now using 1$/day gophone microsim w/ a new iphone 4 and it works very well. but i'd like use 3g internet w/ my phone and the 20$ 100mb per month doesnt seem attractive to me. can i add 2g data plan to my phone?

The GoPhone is only permitted as a voice contract no matter what device has the sim card.

In order to have an iPhone 4 with full capabilities, you are required to have an AT&T iPhone Data service. The minimum is 450 minutes, 200 texts (optional), and a $15 200MB or $25 2GB data service. All for $85 a month but varies per state taxing requirements.

Edit: The 2G data plan is only allowed on the original iPhone. You can only go for the 3G data plan.

Message 5 of 6 (3,398 Views)
Highlighted
Former Employee

zjdo123 wrote:

No.

Message 6 of 6 (3,378 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.