Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 19, 2011
3:22:23 PM
caller receives fast, busy signal when calling my iPhone 3GS

When certain callers attempts to call my iPhone 3GS they receive a fast, busy signal.  These people are calling from a corporate phone line and ALL landlines calling out encounter the same problem.  The corporate callers are located in WA and CA.  This issue has been going on for 2.5 years and I need to narrow it down!  The corporate caller(s) is my employer.  No one else has these problems with my phone.

I own an iPhone 3GS, software update iOS 5.0.1.  The issue *may* ???  be related to my switch from a Blackberry to the iPhone 3GS and/or changing my phone number.  I have always been an AT&T customer.

Thank you.

When certain callers attempts to call my iPhone 3GS they receive a fast, busy signal.  These people are calling from a corporate phone line and ALL landlines calling out encounter the same problem.  The corporate callers are located in WA and CA.  This issue has been going on for 2.5 years and I need to narrow it down!  The corporate caller(s) is my employer.  No one else has these problems with my phone.

I own an iPhone 3GS, software update iOS 5.0.1.  The issue *may* ???  be related to my switch from a Blackberry to the iPhone 3GS and/or changing my phone number.  I have always been an AT&T customer.

Thank you.

caller receives fast, busy signal when calling my iPhone 3GS

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 20, 2011 6:45:34 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Any chance the number you have now is blocked on their end?
Any chance the number you have now is blocked on their end?
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: caller receives fast, busy signal when calling my iPhone 3GS

2 of 7 (4,448 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 20, 2011 6:46:14 AM
(0)
Professor

thepinkcrow wrote:

Thank you.

maybe do  hard reset. hold the power button and home button for 10 seconds. and if tha tdoes not help contact the apple Genius bar maybe  your 3GS is bad or something wrong.or maybe its a problem on the employer END! if this has been happing for 2.5 years now. or get a cheap go phone insert your sim card from the 3GS and  have your employer call to see if the problem has fixed.

thepinkcrow wrote:

Thank you.

maybe do  hard reset. hold the power button and home button for 10 seconds. and if tha tdoes not help contact the apple Genius bar maybe  your 3GS is bad or something wrong.or maybe its a problem on the employer END! if this has been happing for 2.5 years now. or get a cheap go phone insert your sim card from the 3GS and  have your employer call to see if the problem has fixed.

hello!!!

3 of 7 (4,448 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2012 4:41:51 PM
(0)
Tutor

Hi -- it's me again.  The one with the iPhone problem.  Smiley Frustrated  So since I last posted, I upgraded my phone to the iPhone 4.  Nothing has been resolved.  All callers from my company's phone line receive a fast, busy signal when calling my phone number.  I do not have call forwarding engaged.  If I turn off my phone they are able to leave a voicemail, though.  I have always had the same phone number, initiated by AT&T.  Any new suggestions?  Thank you!

Hi -- it's me again.  The one with the iPhone problem.  Smiley Frustrated  So since I last posted, I upgraded my phone to the iPhone 4.  Nothing has been resolved.  All callers from my company's phone line receive a fast, busy signal when calling my phone number.  I do not have call forwarding engaged.  If I turn off my phone they are able to leave a voicemail, though.  I have always had the same phone number, initiated by AT&T.  Any new suggestions?  Thank you!

4 of 7 (4,191 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 2, 2012 3:35:09 AM
(0)
Expert

thepinkcrow wrote:

Does tis just occur when someone from you rcompany calls you or dies it occurr on other numbers that call you? If it is just your company calls then I would talk to who ever handles the MACS on your corporate phone system it sound slike there might be a configuration error in the configuration of the phone system, or if a voip a problem with one of the voice routers

thepinkcrow wrote:

Does tis just occur when someone from you rcompany calls you or dies it occurr on other numbers that call you? If it is just your company calls then I would talk to who ever handles the MACS on your corporate phone system it sound slike there might be a configuration error in the configuration of the phone system, or if a voip a problem with one of the voice routers

5 of 7 (4,176 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 20, 2012 9:48:12 AM
(0)
Contributor

I recently discovered that I cannot call my home voip using my iPhone when I am in CA (Getting fast busy).  Also, some landlines in CA are also affected, So far, I cannot seem to get anyone from ATT wireless willing to work on the problem.  They just say it's a landline problem. Not sure what the process is to get all of the softswitches in CA to re-establish their routing. But seems like something drastic needs to take place. A friend in Atlanta also get the fast busy on his iphone when he calls my home voip.

I recently discovered that I cannot call my home voip using my iPhone when I am in CA (Getting fast busy).  Also, some landlines in CA are also affected, So far, I cannot seem to get anyone from ATT wireless willing to work on the problem.  They just say it's a landline problem. Not sure what the process is to get all of the softswitches in CA to re-establish their routing. But seems like something drastic needs to take place. A friend in Atlanta also get the fast busy on his iphone when he calls my home voip.

6 of 7 (4,063 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2015 7:31:18 AM
(0)
Contributor

I am having a similiar issue with calling my husband's iphone. I was able to make calls to him, then suddenly yesterday I get a fast busy whenever I try to call him. He can call me with no problem and we can still text just fine. I know how frustrating it is on both ends. Let me know if you were able to resolve your issue please?

I am having a similiar issue with calling my husband's iphone. I was able to make calls to him, then suddenly yesterday I get a fast busy whenever I try to call him. He can call me with no problem and we can still text just fine. I know how frustrating it is on both ends. Let me know if you were able to resolve your issue please?

7 of 7 (478 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments