Posted Sep 2, 2008
10:32:07 AM
View profile
block call from voicemail?
Is there any way to block a call from going to voicemail?  I have a w810i and have already set it up where I only accept callers from a list. The other calls show up as missed and are sent directly to voicemail as if the phone was off. What I want to do is prevent these other calls, or just calls from certain area codes, from going to voicemail.
If this can't be done, is there a way to forward just these to another number?

block call from voicemail?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2008 10:36:29 AM
(0)
Professor

mswendy wrote:
Is there any way to block a call from going to voicemail?  I have a w810i and have already set it up where I only accept callers from a list. The other calls show up as missed and are sent directly to voicemail as if the phone was off. What I want to do is prevent these other calls, or just calls from certain area codes, from going to voicemail.

You can add Smart Limits for $4.99 a month, that can block calls from coming to the phone.  It does not send them to the Voicemail.

Re: block call from voicemail?

2 of 5 (7,468 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2008 11:05:03 AM
(0)
Tutor
Is that all calls or just those aren't in my phonebook?

3 of 5 (7,465 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2008 11:41:53 AM
(0)
Professor
All calls you add to the list.  You can up to 15 numbers to the blocked list.

4 of 5 (7,460 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2008 12:31:49 PM
(0)
Master

cmwinner wrote:

mswendy wrote:

You can add Smart Limits for $4.99 a month, that can block calls from coming to the phone.  It does not send them to the Voicemail.

Or you can set up a free YouMail account (replacing your AT&T VM) and add the caller to your "ditchmail" list, and set up their ditchmail to hang up on them so they can't leave you any messages :smileyhappy:
Posted from my Samsung Captivate

5 of 5 (7,455 Views)