Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 14, 2010
8:18:05 AM
View profile
blackjack 2 no longer recognized by computer...
any ideas as to why my phone is no longer recognized by my computer when connected via USB?  it will charge via the cable, but cannot get it to connect to windows m obile, or simply do drag and drop from computer to phone.  has me stumped. 
any ideas as to why my phone is no longer recognized by my computer when connected via USB?  it will charge via the cable, but cannot get it to connect to windows m obile, or simply do drag and drop from computer to phone.  has me stumped. 

blackjack 2 no longer recognized by computer...

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2010 7:02:08 PM
(0)
Scholar
ok now it won't charge via data cable OR home charger unless i turn the phone off.  desperate for answers folks!!!  if my hair was long enough i would pull it out.  love this phone but seems to be glitchy as everything 
ok now it won't charge via data cable OR home charger unless i turn the phone off.  desperate for answers folks!!!  if my hair was long enough i would pull it out.  love this phone but seems to be glitchy as everything 

Re: blackjack 2 no longer recognized by computer...

2 of 6 (1,347 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 20, 2010 2:23:46 PM
(0)
Scholar

ok it will charge on home charger, but the data cable will not charge it.  the computer recognizes the phone and can do data transfer and everything, but no charge.  i master reset and it will show red like it is charging for a couple of minutes, then go yellow for a bit and then nothing and no charging occurs on data cable.  using same laptop that it used to charge on all the time.  not using a usb hub, it is native to the laptop and fully powered.  any ideas???

ok it will charge on home charger, but the data cable will not charge it.  the computer recognizes the phone and can do data transfer and everything, but no charge.  i master reset and it will show red like it is charging for a couple of minutes, then go yellow for a bit and then nothing and no charging occurs on data cable.  using same laptop that it used to charge on all the time.  not using a usb hub, it is native to the laptop and fully powered.  any ideas???

3 of 6 (1,068 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 20, 2010 5:20:28 PM
(0)
Master

Sounds like your battery is near the end of its life. Get a new one from places like Amazon.com for less than $10.

Sounds like your battery is near the end of its life. Get a new one from places like Amazon.com for less than $10.

4 of 6 (1,060 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2010 10:53:23 AM
(0)
Scholar

might be, but it charges just fine on the home charger, and actually last night it started charging on the data cable again.  dunno what i did but something worked i guess, lol

might be, but it charges just fine on the home charger, and actually last night it started charging on the data cable again.  dunno what i did but something worked i guess, lol

5 of 6 (1,035 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2010 6:24:36 PM
(0)
Master

Another possibility is the charg port is lossen or broken. If you wiggle the chare plug when it is plugged in and charging, does the phone keep switch between charge and non-charge?  It is a very common problem for BJ2. The charge port is very easy to break.

Another possibility is the charg port is lossen or broken. If you wiggle the chare plug when it is plugged in and charging, does the phone keep switch between charge and non-charge?  It is a very common problem for BJ2. The charge port is very easy to break.

6 of 6 (1,021 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments