Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 8, 2012
11:47:00 PM
View profile
billing

I have been paying for a cell account that has been suspended since 12/2009. I am 70 years old and did not know that this account had been suspended since then and AT&t didn't bother to stop billing me or to inform me that I was being a valued customer by just simply paying it until my daughter noticed this error in my checking account. We went to our local service center and they confirmed this and said to contact AT&t. How do I get my refund?

I have been paying for a cell account that has been suspended since 12/2009. I am 70 years old and did not know that this account had been suspended since then and AT&t didn't bother to stop billing me or to inform me that I was being a valued customer by just simply paying it until my daughter noticed this error in my checking account. We went to our local service center and they confirmed this and said to contact AT&t. How do I get my refund?

billing

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 9, 2012 11:04:24 AM
(0)
Employee
To be perfectly honest you might get the last 3 months refunded. If the account was suspended it stays like that until you reactivate it or cancel it. There is some personal responsibility here on your behalf about your account
To be perfectly honest you might get the last 3 months refunded. If the account was suspended it stays like that until you reactivate it or cancel it. There is some personal responsibility here on your behalf about your account
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: billing

2 of 3 (174 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 9, 2012 12:17:42 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

johnleahy6133 wrote:

I got your private message and have responded. Will you please take a look and reply when you get a moment?

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

johnleahy6133 wrote:

I got your private message and have responded. Will you please take a look and reply when you get a moment?

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: billing

3 of 3 (165 Views)