Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 31, 2012
3:08:54 PM
best router

Can you tell me the best router for the 3g microcell. I have the wrt320n from cisco and it seems not to work correctly now. I wanted to get the airport extreme but I hear it's hard to work with the microcell. Can you tell me what is a good router that would work really good and easy with the microcell

Can you tell me the best router for the 3g microcell. I have the wrt320n from cisco and it seems not to work correctly now. I wanted to get the airport extreme but I hear it's hard to work with the microcell. Can you tell me what is a good router that would work really good and easy with the microcell

best router

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 1, 2012 7:07:59 AM
(0)
Teacher

D-Link  DGL-4500, DIR-825, 645, 657, 827 or 655  works great. Just remember to use the DMZ on these routers with the MC. 

D-Link  DGL-4500, DIR-825, 645, 657, 827 or 655  works great. Just remember to use the DMZ on these routers with the MC. 

Re: best router

2 of 9 (3,035 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 1, 2012 11:50:16 AM
(0)
Tutor

Would the newst airport extreme work good?

Would the newst airport extreme work good?

3 of 9 (3,029 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 1, 2012 12:48:28 PM
(0)
Teacher

I would see if it has a DMZ. You know I don't know if mine does. I will have to look. My airport is currently running as a AP. 

I would see if it has a DMZ. You know I don't know if mine does. I will have to look. My airport is currently running as a AP. 

4 of 9 (3,022 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 1, 2012 12:53:00 PM
(0)
Tutor

Ok, I want to get the router but I was looking at the http://www.bestbuy.com/site/D-Link+-+amplifi+DIR-827+Wireless+Router+-+IEEE+802.11n/4649682.p?id=121... and that one seems to be good. I read that alot of people have had problems with the airport extreme. I don't know if they updated it to work better or not. I might get the dlink if it doesnt work good.

Ok, I want to get the router but I was looking at the http://www.bestbuy.com/site/D-Link+-+amplifi+DIR-827+Wireless+Router+-+IEEE+802.11n/4649682.p?id=1218500965223&skuId=4649682&st=827&cp=1&lp=1 and that one seems to be good. I read that alot of people have had problems with the airport extreme. I don't know if they updated it to work better or not. I might get the dlink if it doesnt work good.

5 of 9 (3,020 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 1, 2012 2:53:24 PM
(0)
Teacher

I know the DIR 827 and most all DLink routers have a DMZ so if you get one, then you'll be good. You can visit the DLink forums for more information on those routers. Good help info there. 

I know the DIR 827 and most all DLink routers have a DMZ so if you get one, then you'll be good. You can visit the DLink forums for more information on those routers. Good help info there. 

6 of 9 (3,008 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2012 12:27:57 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

chansmith wrote:

I'm using an Apple Extreme Base Station and have never had any issues with the MicroCell. Works just fine with a dedicated ip address and port forwarding.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

chansmith wrote:

I'm using an Apple Extreme Base Station and have never had any issues with the MicroCell. Works just fine with a dedicated ip address and port forwarding.

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 9 (2,951 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2012 7:49:37 AM
(0)
Teacher

I can back that up however I don't use port forwarding, I just put the IP address I assigned to the MC into the DMZ on the airport extreme is all. No port forwarding needed. 

I can back that up however I don't use port forwarding, I just put the IP address I assigned to the MC into the DMZ on the airport extreme is all. No port forwarding needed. 

8 of 9 (2,942 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2012 11:30:55 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Port forwarding shouldn't be necessary but it keeps my MC very stable after power outages, AT&T updates (regardless of whether they were successful or not). The MC is the only wired device that I have to the AEBS so there is no impact on any of my other wireless devices at all.

Port forwarding shouldn't be necessary but it keeps my MC very stable after power outages, AT&T updates (regardless of whether they were successful or not). The MC is the only wired device that I have to the AEBS so there is no impact on any of my other wireless devices at all.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

9 of 9 (2,934 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments